Chapter Two

"Hey, I'm thirsty! Let me get some water!" Bulma yelled on the other side of the cell. "You said nothing about keeping me in a cage!" she continued as she hit her hands against the bars. She collapsed down on her knees and started to cry. I have to live with these people for the rest of my life. I will never see my parents again. Bulma said to herself as she began to lay down on the cold cell floor. "I will never have a real life..." she added as she fell into an unpeaceful sleep.

***

"Nappa, we will be arriving in five minutes." said a soldier.

"Good. Go get the girl, I'm sure King Vegeta will be there to greet us." Nappa said with a smirk.

***

"OWW! Don't pull my arm so hard!" Bulma screamed at the soldier.

"Miss Briefs, we have arrived on Planet Vegeta. You will meet the King and you will show nothing but respect." stated the soldier.

Bulma stood on her feet. "I can walk by myself." she said.

The soldier just looked at her and continued to walk. "Follow me then."

Bulma followed him until they came to an exit. A sudden rush of gravity hit her. She tried to stand but fell to her hands and knees. "You didn't tell me this was going to happen!" she yelled. Well, at least I am on solid ground. she thought to herself.

"You are a weakling." said a strange voice.

Bulma looked up from her precision to see a young boy. Who does this boy think he is?! she thought in anger. She tried one more time to stand up to look this boy in his face. She slowly managed to stand up. To her surprise, the boy was a few inches taller than her. "WHO do you think you are calling me a weakling?" she said, looking him dead in his face.

"...? I'm Prince Vegeta." the boy said.

"You're a prince?!" Bulma yelled as the rush of the gravity hit her and she fell down to the ground again. She started to blush realizing that she was falling in front of a boy.

"Like I said, you are a weakling..." Prince Vegeta said with a grin.

Nappa bowed in front of Prince Vegeta. "Hello, my Prince."

"Nappa, is this the scientist you were sent to get? I thought it would be male?" he asked.

"Well, yes, but..."

"WHAT!!" King Vegeta exclaimed as he walked up behind his son. He looked at Nappa in anger. "I knew I should have sent somebody else instead of you!!! She had better be able to create a better technology for us or you will have to pay the price!" he yelled.

"Yes sir." said Nappa.

"But how could a girl be able to do that?" Prince Vegeta asked, looking confused.

This boy was getting on her last nerve. Bulma tried again to stand up. When she got to her feet she looked at Vegeta once more, this time with real anger. "I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW I AM ONE OF THE SMARTEST WOMEN ON EARTH! I AM AHEAD OF MY TIME!!!" she yelled at him.

He just smiled at her outburst. "Foolish girl." said the Prince.

Bulma couldn't take it anymore. She was about to throw a punch at his face but she fell on her butt because of the gravity. He let out a small laugh.

"Tell me, how old are you?" King Vegeta asked.

"I'm 14." she said, looking straight at him.

"I never knew anyone could know that kind of knowledge at your age. You are almost the same age as my son, the Prince." the King said. "Miss Briefs, you will be staying at the palace."

He might be the ruler of a rude race but he seems to have respect for others. Bulma thought. One soldier grabbed her arm and flew up into the sky. "Hey!!" she yelled as the soldier followed the King and Prince to the palace.

"Cherry, could you show Miss Briefs her room?" asked King Vegeta.

"Sure, Vegeta." Cherry said with a small smile.

Bulma took on a look of surprise because this girl did not say King when addressed King Vegeta.

Cherry grabbed Bulma by the arm a lead her out of the throne room. She is wearing that armor that everybody else is wearing but hers is a little different. she thought. "Why didn't you address the King the correct way?" she asked.

"Well, you see, I am the queen and he's my husband." Cherry said as she grinned at Bulma.

"What? You're the queen!?" Bulma yelled. I'm just getting one surprise after another. she thought. They reached a room and Cherry opened the door. "Wow, this is like a BIG apartment."

"Put on the armor that's on the bed right there." Cherry said. "Oh, and Bulma, I will send the Prince to show you around."

"Hey, you are the first person to call me Bulma here. What do you want me to call you?" she asked.

"Cherry. Just call me Cherry."

***

Chapter 3 | Go Back