Chapter One

"Nappa, we are in need of better technology. I had all my scientists search every planet for high intelligence. They found it on one planet called Earth. There is a man that can produce us better technology. I believe his name was Mr. Briefs. You will go there and bring a few men with you."

"Yes, King Vegeta..." Nappa said.

****

"Come on, five more minutes." Bulma said as she turned in her bed to face her alarm clock. "What! How did I sleep so long!? Now I must listen to Mrs. Flora's mouth again. Wait..." she said as she put her head back down on her pillow and pulled the covers over her. "We have the day off from school today, I can sleep in late." As her eyes began to shut once more the sun entered her room and landed on her sleeping body.

"Bulma! Bulma! Wake up!" a loud voice said on the other end of the door as he continued to pound on it.

Bulma jumped out of her sleep and fell on the floor with a loud thump. "Oww! Who would wake me up like this!?" Bulma said as she almost tripped getting out of the covers and walked over to the door.

"Bulma!" the figure on the other side of the door said. "I finished it, I finished it!"

Bulma opened the door. "What did you finish, dad?"

"Don't you remember that invention I told you I have been working on since before you were born?"

"Oh dad, why did you wake up me for that?"

"Cause I want you to be the first person to use it!"

"What was it again?" Bulma asked, really starting to get annoyed.

"Well, it's a pill that can make you fly just by eating it."

"Dad, I'll try it later. By the way, why did it take you so long to finish?" she asked.

"Well, I kept forgetting about it and I kept getting side tracked." he said as he began to laugh.

"Well, Dad, I'll see you later." Bulma said as she closed the door and walked to her bed once more. "Finally I can get some more sleep." she said as she jumped backed into the bed and pulled the covers over her head.

*****

"Nappa, this is what he looks like. You should not have a hard time finding him. He lives in a place called Capsule Co. You should be able to make it to Earth in a 3-4 hours if you leave now." King Vegeta said.

"Alright, I'll leave now." Nappa replied as he ran down the hall to the ship.

****

"Bulma!" Mrs. Briefs said as she entered the room.

"Mom, have you ever heard of knocking?" Bulma said, getting annoyed once more.

"Well, honey, it's lunch time and I thought you would like to eat plus I really think you should get out of bed. 14 year old girls should not spend their time sleeping." Mrs. Briefs said with her usual happy voice.

"Ok mom." Bulma replied. "I'll get dressed and head downstairs."

"Ok honey, hurry up! Your father needs your help on some invention." she said as got up and left the room, quietly shutting the door.

"Why are they bothering me more than usually this morning?" Bulma said aloud.

***

"Ok, Nappa, how long will take us to get the there?" One of his crew asked.

"About 3-4 hours." he answered. "When we get there we have to find that man, and only that man. Got it?" Nappa said as his crew agreed.

****

"So, mom, what's for lunch?" Bulma asked as she began to sit down at the table.

"Well, I made some sandwiches." Mrs. Briefs replied.

"Fine, I'll eat that." she said while beginning to bite into the sandwich. "I got out of bed for this?" she thought. "Maybe I should go and help father."

"Bulma honey, be careful." Mrs. Briefs said as she smiled. "You know how you and your father can get sometimes."

Bulma pretended like she couldn't hear her mother. "Well, see you later." she said as she got up from her chair and began to walk to the lab.

"I remember this..." Bulma said as she stopped to look at a picture on the wall. "I remember how carefree I felt back then." she said as she glazed at the picture. "Mom was not always cooking and dad wasn't always caught up in his work. We were really happy back then. I guess I need more excitement in my life." she said as she continued to walk down the hall to the lab.

***

"Nappa, it seems we are at Earth. We will land now." One of his crew said as the ship landed.

"The search is on!!" Nappa said with a smile.

***

"BULMA! Come look at this!" Mrs. Briefs yelled. Bulma and Mr. Briefs ran to the living room.

"Mom, what's wrong?" Bulma said.

"Look at the TV, look at what those men are doing!" Mrs. Briefs yelled again.

Bulma looked at the TV and got a shocked look across her face. "Look at what they are doing to the city!" Bulma yelled.

"These men say they want Dr. Briefs and will destroy this whole planet if he doesn't show up..." a news reporter said, half shaking. Everybody looked at each other.

"What would they want with me?" Mr. Briefs asked.

"I don't know, dad, but I don't want to find out." Bulma said as a tear ran down her cheek.

"Wh..wh..What if they try to kill you?" Mrs. Briefs said before she fainted.

"Oh, mom..." Bulma said as she and her father put her on the couch. Bulma looked her father straight in the eye "We must see this out!" Bulma said with a serious face.

"What do you mean we?"

Before Bulma could protest there was a loud explosion. "Ahh... Dad!"

"What was that, Bulma?" called her father.

Before she could speak two men walked into the living room. "Ahh, Dr. Briefs. Nice to meet you." Nappa said.

"What do you want with me?" Mr. Briefs asked, scared to death.

"We need your knowledge on Planet Vegeta." he continued.

"So you want me to go? Mr. Briefs asked.

"Yes." Nappa answered.

"Well, I will not go with you!" Dr. Briefs replied.

"If you refuse we will have to kill you..." Nappa said as he put his hand up to fire a ki blast at him. Dr. Briefs closed his eyes to await his death.

"WAIT!" Bulma yelled. "I will go with you instead."

"No, Bulma, you can't!" her father protested.

"I am just as smart as my father, if not more so. So take me instead." Bulma said.

"Well, King Vegeta will be mad if I don't bring back somebody... Ok." Nappa said. "You will go instead." he said with a grin.

***

Chapter 2 | Go Back