Chapter Eight: The News

 

~~~ Next Morning ~~~

Pan awoke curled up in Trunks’ arms. She glanced over her shoulder at the still sleeping Saiya-jin and then over at the clock. It was already 10 o'clock. She gasped, "Trunks! You're going to be late for work!"

He yawned, squeezing her lightly. "I’m not going in today."

She sighed. "How can you just skip work? Do they even know that you're not coming?"

He nodded softly. "Of course. I took the day off so that we could tell our parents today."

Pan gasped as it hit her. "This isn’t going to be a good day, Trunks. Your father hates me right now and my father isn’t going to be to happy about it either."

He smiled. "I don’t care how our fathers react. I love you and that’s all that matters."

Pan smiled then turned around in his arms, softly kissing him. "Alright. If you say so." she chuckled lightly, sighing again. After a few moments she got up. "Well, if we have two angry fathers to tell, we might want to get ready."

Trunks whimpered like a child. "Do we have to get up?"

She smiled. "Yes..." She started to slink out of the bed but he held on tight. "Come on, Trunks."

He sat up and sighed. "Alright." He let go and got up to get dressed as well.

~~~ The Son House ~~~

They pulled up to the house and looked at each other. "It's better to tell your dad first. At least this way I’ll die before you do." Pan chuckled lightly as he took her face in his hands and softly kissed her. They both got out and walked up to the house to ring the bell.

Videl answered, smiling. She hugged Pan tightly and then looked at Trunks. "Hello, Trunks." she smiled, giving him a hug. She gave Pan a questionable look. "You know, your father isn’t going to be to happy seeing you two together."

Pan nodded. "I know, but he can just get over it."

She shook her head. "Alright, on come in. Are you two hungry?"

Neither had eaten anything, they were too worried to eat at home. "Yes." they said at the same time.

This made Videl chuckle. "Alright. Go sit in the living room and I’ll make some lunch. Your dad should be home in a few minutes for his lunch break."

Pan and Trunks walked into the living room and sat down on the small couch. Pan sat, shuttering lightly in fear of what her father would do. Trunks looked at her and took her hand, softly kissing it while reassuring her and whispering, "Don’t worry. No matter what, I will still be here for you... whether he wants it or not."

She nodded lightly. The door opened and she turned. "Hello, daddy." Gohan looked up and smiled seeing that she was home. His smile quickly faded, however, as he saw Trunks. He shook his head and walked into the kitchen.

~~~ Kitchen ~~~

"What the hell is he doing here!?"

Videl looked at her upset husband. "Oh, come on... They want to talk. Give them a chance, please. She's so happy with him."

Gohan scowled. "He’s too old for her! Why can’t she find a nice young man her own age?! Why does she have to like Trunks. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a nice man but he's too old for her!"

Videl shook her head. "Listen to yourself! You say he’s nice but you don’t want her to be happy just because he’s fourteen years older then her?" With that she turned to go tell Pan and Trunks that dinner was ready.

~~~ Lunch ~~~

Pan and Trunks were watching a TV show, Pan’s head was resting on Trunks’ shoulder as her mother walked in. "Come on, love birds. Time for lunch." They both got up, Pan turning the ring around on her finger and hoping that her father wouldn’t see it until after they had told him.

They walked into the dinning room where the table was full of plates of food for the three Saiya-jin. They all sat down, Videl by Gohan and Trunks by Pan, Videl and Pan sitting between the two to keep them apart. They began eating and all was quiet for a while when Pan looked up at her father and then to Trunks. Trunks finished the food that he was eating and then looked at Gohan, as well. "Gohan, Sir." he gulped. "I would like to marry your daughter and would like for your blessing."

Gohan almost choked on his food, standing up and slamming his fist on the table. But, before he could answer, Videl gave him a sharp glare meaning You'd better not say that or I'll leave you! He sighed and sat back in his chair, grumbling to himself and seeming to debate something. "Fine." he finally coughed out. He didn’t even look at Pan or Trunks.

Videl leaned over, kissing him and whispering in his ear. "Good, I knew you wouldn’t let your daughter suffer." He just grunted and, after a few minutes, like a typical Saiya-jin male he began eating again.

~~~ Time To Go ~~~

After lunch Gohan left quickly, not wanting to be around them right now. He was very furious.

Pan smiled, knowing what her mom had done to get her father to agree. She hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek. "Thank you, mom, for supporting me...us."

Videl smiled at her. "You are a strong woman and have a good head on your shoulders. I know you will do what you think is right."

After a round of hugs and congratulations it was time to go break the news to Trunks’ parents. So, with the good wishes of Videl, they got back into the car and headed towards C.C. "Well, that went better then we hoped." Pan said looking at Trunks and grinning.

"Yeah, I thought your father was going to jump across the table and kill me."

Pan laughed. "The power of a woman's glare!" They both laughed almost the whole way to C.C.

As they finally approached the driveway all went silent in the car. Fear again crept over Pan and Trunks as he reached over, taking her hand. As they pulled to a stop Trunks reassured her that everything would be okay. Nothing would happen to her while he was around. They slowly got out of the car and walked up to the house.

He poked his head in, looking around. Bra was sitting on the couch as well as Goten. "Hey, little sis. Where is dad?"

Bra turned around and squealed, running to the door. "He’s in the gravity room, as always." Trunks nodded, then came in Pan tagging along after him. Bra looked between the two then smiled.

Goten walked over and started looking between them. "Is there something I’m missing?"

Trunks smiled. "Where is mom?"

Bra yelled. "MOM, TRUNKS IS HERE!" Everyone cringed at her loud voice.

Their mother quickly ran downstairs and went to Trunks, hugging him tightly. "Hello." She looked at Pan "You two being here together isn’t a good idea."

Trunks sighed. "Videl said the same thing... well, almost." Bulma looked curious.

"Come on, spill it." Bra chimed in.

Trunks smiled. "I have asked Pan to marry me. Her father reluctantly approved, thanks to a scolding Videl. Now it's time to tell Dad."

Bra squealed and hugged Pan. Goten just laughed, punching Trunks on the shoulder. Bulma smiled happily. "This isn’t going to be pretty." she then mumbled.

"Nothing's going to happen, Mom. There are three Saiya-jin here to keep Dad away from Pan."

Goten’s eyes got big. "Huh? I’m already on thin ice with Vegeta. If you think I’m sticking around for this, you must be insane!"

Trunks frowned and Bra hit his arm hard. "You're staying or else you're never coming back."

Goten whimpered and sighed. "Fine, fine."

Trunks looked at the two and laughed. "Looks like we're not the only ones hiding our lives." he said jokingly. Bra and Goten blushed as the others laughed.

"What is that obnoxious noise?" Vegeta yelled, coming down the hallway from the gravity room with sweat dripping off of his body. "Oh, hell no." he growled, seeing Trunks and Pan together as well as Goten and Bra. "GET OUT! GET THEM OUT OF HERE!" he growled at Bulma but she growled back.

"No! They are staying!"

Vegeta shut up as she yelled back. He growled and grumbled. "Then I’m leaving."

Bulma walked over to him. "You are staying, like it or not, Vegeta!"

He looked at them and growled. "I swear, if they don’t get out of my house right now, I’ll kill them!"

Bulma hit him as hard as she could, which didn’t even stun Vegeta. "Oh, shut up! This is my house and they are staying, too. Get over it!"

Vegeta growled deeply. "What do they want then?! Spill it, THEN GET OUT!"

Goten slipped behind Bra. She looked at him, "What are you doing?" Bulma glanced over and started laughing. Vegeta rolled his eyes.

Trunks sighed. "Dad, Pan and I are getting married."

Vegeta’s jaw dropped in disbelief. He could not believe that his son would disobey him this much. He started towards him but Bulma got in the way. "No. You stay right where you are! You got that?" He stopped and growled at her but even he couldn’t ignore her venomous glare. He growled and walked towards the bedroom, ranting. Bulma turned around, nodding. "They are like children. Just have to put your foot down." Bra, Pan and Bulma all cracked up but Goten and Trunks looked at each other and rolled their eyes. Bulma smiled at all four of them, winking at Goten and Bra, then walked towards the bedroom to calm Vegeta down.

Trunks took Pan in his arms, softly kissing her. "See, I told you everything would be fine."

Pan nodded and looked over at Bra and Goten. To her surprise they were in the middle of a long and passionate kiss. They snickered. "Come on, love birds. Let's go get some dinner. I’m starving!" Trunks said, looking between them all. With that, they all dashed to the car and began getting in.

 

Chapter 9 | Go Back