Chapter Seven: A New Life

 

~~~ The Next Morning ~~~

As she awoke the bed felt cold. A note lay next to her...
    Good morning,
    I’m off to work but I’ll be home later. Be good.
    Love,
    Trunks
She smiled and got up. After a long shower she began getting dressed. She looked at the clock and it was now a little before noon, so she decided to pass the time by going to her parents house and possibly telling them that she was living with Trunks.

~~~ The Son’s House ~~~

Videl opened the door and saw Pan. She gave her a big hug and then let her in the house. "Morning, Mom. How are you?"

Videl smiled. "Fine. Missing having my little girl at home again."

Pan laughed lightly. "I’m alright, I guess." She looked around, "Is father home?"

Videl shook her head. "No, he’s at work."

Pan nodded. "Good... I found a place to stay."

Videl was surprised. "Already?"

She nodded again. "I’m living at Trunks’ house..."

Videl’s jaw dropped. "But you're still a little girl!"

"Mom, I love him and it's a nice place to live. I have my own room, though the first one was destroyed last night by Vegeta. I’m moving my stuff into another room tonight, tho."

Videl sighed. "Well, I knew I would have to let my baby grow up one day. I was just hoping that it wouldn't be so soon."

She smiled and hugged her mom. "Thank you."

Videl sighed again. "Your dad isn’t going to like this...not at all."

Pan laughed and nodded. "That’s why I asked if he was home first. I was hoping to wait a while."

"If you wish." Videl smiled. Pan grinned and nuzzled her mom. They walked into the kitchen to eat and talk more about the situation.

~~~ Four Hours Later ~~~

Pan got up and sighed. "Well, Trunks will be home soon and so will dad. I would rather not be around dad right now, okay?" Videl nodded and gave her daughter a big hug before she took off for her new home. She took off flying towards the house while keeping far away from Vegeta’s house.

She went in and began making dinner for Trunks. After about an hour he came home, the smell of food filling his senses. "What is that heavenly aroma?" he asked as he walked in, putting his arms around Pan’s waist.

"Dinner." she said, turning around and kissing him.

"No, I mean the other one." He sniffed her neck, softly kissing it as she smiled.

"You like it?"

Trunks smiled, nodding. "Yeah, of course! It's wonderful." He nibbled on her neck and ear.

"Come on, dinner is ready."

He pouted but reluctantly went over to the table. He sat down as she set out the last of the food out and they began eating. "How was your day?"

Trunks looked up after swallowing his mouthful of food. "Okay. Boring as always."

She nodded lightly, smiling. "Well, now you're home. No more boredom." He laughed and they both finished eating.

Pan gathered the dishes and walked over to the sink, cleaning them and putting them away. Trunks walked up to her, putting his arms around her waist and nibbling on her neck and ear. "Come on, you can do that later." he said tauntingly.

Pan smiled, resting her head on his. "Alright, alright." Trunks smiled and grabbed her by the waist, pulling her upstairs as she giggled. "Oh, come on! Ahh! What if your dad comes back?" she asked jokingly.

He smiled wildly. "Don’t worry. Mom took care of that!"

She laughed. "Oh yeah? When did you talk to her?"

Trunks simply grinned and took her into his bedroom. Then, sitting her down, he softly kissed her. He knelt down, taking her hand and softly kissing it. "Pan, will you marry me?"

Pan nearly passed out as she smiled, "Of course, I will!" She wrapped her arms around his neck, beaming, but then she frowned. "My father and your father won’t permit that." she sighed, her hopes dashed

"And?"

She sighed again. "I kind of hoped that my father would be happy for me, but all he’s going to do is rant about this."

He put his hand on her cheek. "If you don’t want to, that’s perfectly fine."

She shook her head. "No! I do, I do!!!"

Trunks smiled. "Good." He pulled an engagement ring out of his pocket and slipped it onto her hand. He nuzzled her softly, kissing her neck and chest. She smiled and leaned back to lay on the bed.

 

Chapter 8 | Go Back