Chapter Two: Realizations

 

~~~ Trunks ~~~

Trunks flew back towards his house to get away from Pan. He was utterly confused at what had just happened. One moment they were playing as they always had, the next something had snapped in him and all he had wanted to do was to feel Pan’s soft lips against his. "Get it together, man." he told himself, shaking his head. "She’s the little girl that you babysat for and palled around with. And to top it all off she’s fourteen years younger than you!" he spoke aloud to himself, trying to figure things out.

Finally he arrived back at his place. "All I need to do is take a hot shower and get some sleep. I will be better tomorrow." He did just that but when he tried to sleep each time the image of Pan laying on the ground, with her soft smile and soft blue eyes looking at him, haunted him. He spent hours tossing and turning, trying to sleep to no avail.

~~~ Pan ~~~

She slowly made her way back to the Briefs house and went inside. Bra had returned and was impatiently waiting on she and Trunks to return. "And where have you been?!" she asked before turning around, but the moment she did her joking expression faded and she hopped up walking over to Pan. "What’s wrong, Pan? Where is Trunks? Wasn’t he with you?"

Pan just mumbled something inaudible then walked up to the room and plopped down on the bed. Bra followed her sighing, "Come on, tell me what’s wrong. Please?"

Pan looked at her with confusion but finally gave in. "We were playing around like in the old days, trying to cheer each other up..." She went on telling the whole story of what had happened.

Bra’s expressions changed like the weather. Finally, when the story was over, she hopped up in a rage. "That jerk! He’s going to get it when I find him!"

Pan sighed. "Just forget it... I’m going to go outside for a while, I’ll be back." With that she went to the room she was staying in and changed into a sports braw and jeans to go spar with the wind. She walked down the stairs and out the back door before quickly finding a nice place to practice and beginning a sparring with no one. She was so involved in what she was doing that she didn’t notice someone approaching her from behind. As she spun around to kick a large hand grabbed her foot and twisted his wrist, sending her spiraling down to the ground. She shook her head and looked up at Vegeta.

"Sorry..." Vegeta just sighed. "Brat, why do you even try to train? You're getting no use out of it."

Pan scowled at Vegeta. "It relaxes me."

Vegeta cracked a smile, something that was rarely seen, and even made a sound that somewhat resembled a chuckle. "Spoken like a true Saiya-jin." Pan just sighed and turned to walk away. "Come on, brat. We will see what your weakling line has taught you."

She looked back at Vegeta and nodded, taking her stance. In an instant they were at each other’s throats. Even though she was younger, she was rather powerful for her size and age but she still did not match him or even come to close to it. She was agile and, from watching him and her grandfather fighting, she knew how to sometimes predict his movements. This match raged on for almost two hours.

Bulma walked out just as Pan flew into the ground from one of Vegeta’s attacks. "VEGETA!" she screamed, "Stop picking on Pan!" She shook her head and walked over to Pan as she slowly got up. Blood ran out of the corner of her mouth and she dawned many other cuts here and there. She got up like it was nothing, about to go back up when Bulma placed a hand on her shoulder. "Come on inside and relax a little."

Pan sighed but minded. She walked in and plopped down on the couch, sighing. The spar had been useful, she had forgot most of the events of the day and she had gotten a great work out. She glanced up as Vegeta came in, grumbling about how he was stopped in the middle of a descent fight. This brought a smirk to Pan’s face.

~~~ Next Day ~~~

Pan had to go home, she knew it. She had already spent three days with Bra and it was about time for her to go and see her parents. She hugged Bulma and Bra, smiling. "Thank you for having me over." Vegeta was no where in sight. She turned and walked out, passing him on the way. "Thanks, Vegeta, for the work out..." she chuckled and, with that, took off towards her parents home.

~~~ Son House ~~~

She landed and went inside. The house was quiet and she found a note on the counter...
    Pan,
    Went to town for a while your father needs some new cloths. Be back later.
    Love,
    Mom and Dad
She sighed and tossed her bag into her room, deciding she might as well go for a venture while waiting. She took off towards an area of woods that had a few good sized trees and a decent area in which to mock spar. She landed and, to her surprise, she found Trunks there. "Still not going back to work yet?" she muttered, walking over and sitting under a tree.

Trunks looked up with a start then at her, "No... I don’t have to go back for another four days."

Pan shrugged. "So what brings you out here? Why not go into a gravity chamber or spar with your dad?"

Trunks shrugged. "Well, because it was more peaceful here."

Pan gave a fake hurt look then got up. "Fine, if you don’t want me around just say so." She started walking past him but he reached out and gently grabbed her arm.

"Pan..." He couldn’t make any words come out no matter how hard he tried.

Pan looked over at him. He was looking at his hand and not up at her. She sighed, "Yes, what do you want?"

Trunks frowned at her tone of voice and let her go. "Nothing."

Pan looked at him. "No, something is wrong. What? Please tell me, you always did before."

Trunks sighed. "But it's not like it was before. You're not the same little girl I could talk to."

Pan sighed. "It's true, I’m not that little girl...but you can still talk to me, Trunks."

Trunks just sighed. "Sorry about the other day, I just got carried away."

Pan frowned at his words. "No problem. We're still best buds, right?"

Trunks perked up and reached over, tickling her. "Of course."

She chuckled and reached over. "Hey, I'll get you for that." She pounced on him, pinning him down and tickling him till he pleaded with her to stop. She sighed and stopped, looking at him and laughing. "You look like a child." His long lavender hair was in his face and on the ground. He had a very childish expression on his face.

She sighed, about to get up and let him up. But when she tried he grabbed onto her wrist again. She looked over at him as he leaned up softly, kissing her. Pan seemed to melt as their lips meet. The kiss was quickly broken by Trunks again trying to get away but this time Pan was on the upper half of this ordeal and she pinned him down. "No way, you're not leaving this time." She sat back on his stomach, sighing. "Start talking." she smiled at him.

Trunks sighed. "About what?" He had a the same stubborn tone in his voice that his father had.

"Oh, come on, Trunks... Why did you run away the other day and why did whatever just happened happen?" She frowned, old buried emotions were welling up inside her and she really hated it. She didn’t know what to do anymore but somehow she kept her usual cool aura.

Trunks sighed. "I don’t know!"

She put more weight onto his stomach as he struggled lightly. "Fine, I will sit here until you do." she said mockingly.

Trunks sighed. "I don’t know..." With that, he was done playing games. He tried to just lift her off of him but, to his amazement, she wouldn’t let him and forcefully batted his hands away.

"Trunks, please..."

Trunks growled, getting a cold look in his eye. "I don’t know, Pan... Shit happens. I just got carried away!"

Pan frowned, not really having wanted the answer she had just received. "Alright. I got my answer." She took off back towards her home. She had wasted enough time in her childhood crying over that-that Jerk! She wasn’t about to waste time now.

As she walked into her parent’s house she was warmly greeted by her mother. "How was your day, dear?"

She shook her head. "Fine. It was just peachy." She walked upstairs and lay down in her bed, falling into a fit filled slumber.

 

Chapter 3 | Go Back