Chapter Three

 

"WHAT? You WHAT? You brought WHO to my building? To live WHERE?" Dr. Briefs was a little more than ticked off. "He said he'd do WHAT if he got mad? Bulma, this is a little more than insane! You should have asked me first."

"You would have said no, Dad," Bulma told him.

"Yeeees, but still...I'm more than a little uneasy about having Goku's arch enemy living in the Capsule Corporation building. Goku told me what he did, and it's outrageous. Good God, who would have ever thought you would drag him home?" Dr. Briefs ranted.

"But Dad, he's planetless, kingdomless, friendless, and homeless, so the least you could do is show a little hospitality," Bulma scolded.

"Fine, he can stay in the building for a while, but if he even touches any of the valuble equipment or hurts any employee, he's out of here!" Dr. Briefs told Bulma.

"Fine, fine, I'll tell him to do no such thing. Let me go do that now," Bulma told her father, and she took off.

 

"When are you going to stop bothering me? Do you have a problem with privacy?" Vegeta snapped as Bulma walked outside to the yard he was exercising in.

"Stop yelling, shortie! Listen up. My dad said that if you bother any equipment in this building or hurt and/or threaten any resident or employee, you are permanently kicked out, got it small fry?" Bulma told him. She was a little scared of insulting him, but she had figured it was the only way to get his attention.

"Fine, but if anyone bothers me too much, this place is going sky high and there will be no one to kick me out, so there, you baka," he replied.

"Fine, but you won't get that chance because you're going to have so much solitude you won't even know you're here!" Bulma spat.

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

Bulma walked back inside and slammed the door. Egad, that jerk-off makes me so mad! If I could shoot beams, there would be one flying right through his head!

 

From then on, Vegeta could be seen walking around the Capsule Corp., raiding the refrigerator constantly, training in the gravity room, and sparring in the yards. He also had a room, but mostly slept in a tree outside.

Bulma didn't know why, but she seemed to be noticing him more and more often. It wasn't like he came around more often, but when he did, all of Bulma's attention was on him. On his body, his strut, his smirks, and the way he crossed his arms about a hundred times a day. Man, Bulma thought one day, I actually might be becoming attracted to that trash-talking, murdering freakazoid who doesn't even talk to himself, much less anyone else. Maybe I should tell Mom. She might know what to do...

 

"You're attracted to who, dear? That Saiya-Jin you invited to stay at the Capsule Corporation? Hmm...your father told me some pretty ugly stories about that man. You should be careful. But if you really, really like him, you're going to have to find an approach that will be subtle and not offending. Think of something that would attract his attention, whether it be smarts, looks, gifts, chatting, or anything else you could think of," Mrs. Briefs told her daughter.

"Well, conversation and gifts are way off whack, and he's not exactly the smartest cookie in jar. I'll have to find out if he finds me sexually attractive. Other than that, I can't think of a single thing that he would be drawn to. Hmmm..." Bulma considered any other options that might be remotely do-able.

"You know, Bulma, sometimes couples are brought together by the oddest of moments. Perhaps you should just wait for the right moment to make your move...or maybe the moment will make the move for you...hehehe!" Mrs. Briefs smiled her eternal smile and shooed her daughter away. "Off with you now, your father told me you have some business to attend to this afternoon."

"Bye, Mom!" Bulma yelled as she ran back into the CC building.

 

As Bulma was working on a circuit board later that week, Oolong came in the door. "Hey Bulma, what's up?" he said.

"The sky, you porky pervert. Go away," Bulma rolled her eyes at the shape shifter. Just then, Vegeta stepped out of the kitchen door with about twenty sandwiches in hand. He took a moment to look down at the pig in suspenders, then moved on.

"Wait, Vegeta, I have a little gift for you. I think you better show it to Bulma too. I hope you love my wonderful photography skills," Oolong said as he handed Vegeta a picture. Vegeta's mouth hung open and he went motionless. His hand loosened on the picture and it dropped to the floor as he continued to stare straight ahead.

Bulma snatched the photo and looked at it. Her cheeks went red as she saw what the picture was of: her and Vegeta making out at the site of the gathering with Dende. She yelped, then regained her senses and kicked Oolong fiercely.

"Oolong, you bastard! You are such an abomination! As soon as I get my hands on you you'll be frying in my breakfast skillet as the main course!" Bulma screeched as she chased him out the door. She then looked back at Vegeta, who was staring at her.

Maybe this is the moment Mom was talking about, Bulma thought. He's a little shocked though, more shocked then pleased I guess. Bulma then noticed Vegeta had not shaken his stare on her. She blushed again and gave a wavery smile. Then, Vegeta smirked at her. It was one of those smirks that you could pass off for a smile, but it didn't last. He slowly walked out the door with his stack of food, making sure to show Bulma his body and brush against her on the way out.

 

Chapter Four | Go Back