Chapter Two

"What is wrong with you, Vegeta?" Bulma asked the shocked Saiya-Jin.

"Err…nothing's wrong…everything's fine…" he replied quickly. He did not take his eyes off of Trunks. The teen had an uneasy look on his face.

"What's going on here?!" Goku yelled, confused by both Vegeta and Trunks's behavior, like there was something they weren't telling anybody. Goku decided it was time to leave.

"Come on, everyone, we need to think about battle. Let's all go home and rest and maybe we can think a little more clearly, hai?" he said. Everyone but Bulma, Vegeta and Trunks nodded.

"Umm, I think I'm going to stay here and ask just a couple more questions, guys," Bulma told them. "Oh, and also, why don't we have a little party or something at my place tonight to calm our nerves for tomorrow?"

"That sounds great, Bulma. See ya there, say 6:30?" Goku replied.

"Sure, bye!" Most of the group flew towards the Son house. Bulma turned to Vegeta, disgregarding Trunks.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Vegeta?" she asked him. He was still practically staring through Bulma in Trunks's direction, like he was obsessed or something. He grabbed the collar of Bulma's shirt gently and puller her ear to his mouth.

"Bulma…" he whispered. He took a moment to breath in and out, and then continued.

"Trunks…is my son."

Bulma gasped and pulled away. "WHAT?!" she screamed. "Yeah right! That's a little far fetched." She leaned closer to whiper in his ear. "Who's his mother?"

"You of course, baka. Who else?" Bulma yelped at the reply from Vegeta. She then sat down on his lap with a thoughtful look on her face.

"I suppose it's perfectly logical," Bulma said quietly to herself. "He did go Super Saiya-Jin, and Chichi cannot build time machines. Besides, that is my hair," she continued.

"What did I tell you?" the Prince said to her. She smiled at him.

"Let's not tell him we know, hai?" Bulma whispered.

"Baka, he already knows," Vegeta replied in a normal voice, and turned to the young man. The teen's face rapidly turned red.

"What's with the secrets?" Bulma asked him. Upon hearing no reply, she thought for a moment. "Ohhh, I see. You thought you might ruin our relationship and never be born! Good thinking, but we're smarter than the average Saiya-Jin." Vegeta snorted at the woman's comment, and then decided to take it as a compliment to himself and his future mate. Most Saiya-Jins WERE pretty stupid anyway, even Kakkarott.

Trunks smiled. "Just don't tell anyone else, hai? Yamcha would be heartbroken, and everyone else would probably be constantly staring at you, me and Tousa-…I mean, Vegeta-san."

"Don't worry, Trunks-kun. Veg doesn't mind if you call him Tousan when no one else is around, right, Vegeta?" Bulma said the last two words with her teeth gritted.

"Whatever," the former Ouji replied. Trunks smiled another sad smile.

"Gomen about what happened in your timeline, Trunks-kun," Bulma said quietly.

"I'm sorry too, Kasaan, but there's nothing anyone can do about it now except train harder and eventually destroy the Jinzouningen. Everyone in this timeline with have to train as well. Hard, so that you are prepared, unlike we were," Trunks replied. Bulma and Vegeta nodded.

"Of course you'll be staying at the Capsule Corporation, right Trunks-kun?" Bulma asked.

"Sure, I guess, if you're OK with it," the teen said. Bulma reassured him that it was fine.

"Let's go, Vegeta," Bulma said, wrapping her arms around Vegeta's neck. Trunks went into a ready-to-fly position. The family took off towards the Caspule Corp.

 

***

 

Bulma had given Trunks a room in the Capsule Corporaton, on the third floor with hers. He hadn't brought much with him, so it didn't take him very long to set up. Bulma had also shown him the gravity room, and told him he could use it whenever Vegeta was not. When the Saiya-Jin prince was using the training area, no one went in untill they had his permission.

Vegeta was actually secretly pleased that his son could go Super Saiya-Jin, even though he could not. Yet. He trained harder every day and came closer and closer to breaking the barrier; he reached it almost every time, but always it drove him back and exaughsted his body, making him have to rest for at least five minutes every time he tried and failed. This frustrated the Saiya-Jin prince greatly, and he often stormed out of the gravity room and did unknown things for about fifteen minutes at a time.

This day, however, Vegeta didn't try to break the barrier. He was thinking about too many other things. He flew over to the Son house with Trunks for a while, only to find that Goku and the others were just as stumped as he was when it came to battle tactics.

 

***

 

Vegeta walked into Bulma's room and found her on the couch eating Cheez-Its and reading some book about computer programming.

"Hi, Vegeta," she said without looking up.

"Kobanwa," he replied. "I just got back from Kakkarott's and they haven't figured anything out whatsoever. I'm sorry to say that I don't have any ideas, either."

"I've been thinking about it, also, even though I'm not a fighter. I can't think of a single good idea. Unless you can go Super Saiya-Jin before tomorrow morning, my mind is blank," Bulma told the upset prince.

"That's not too likely," he admitted. Bulma sighed.

"Sit down for a while, Vege-chan. Today has be really confusing."

"Same here," Vegeta said as he sat down next to Bulma. She relaxed on his shoulder. He pulled her closer and kissed his future mate, relaxing his tight nerves and calming his mind. It had the same affect on Bulma, as they fell into eachother's embraces.

As they were still embracing eachother, the clock struck 6:31 and Krillin, Yamcha, Goku, and Gohan walked in Bulma's unlocked door. Their eyes didn't move from the couch, where Vegeta and Bulma were still relaxing in eachother's arms. Bulma, who was facing the doorway, was speechless. So was the rest of the Z crew, who stared back at her. Vegeta turned around when he noticed that Bulma was looking at the door instead of him. His eyes popped open wide.

"Errrraaaa, he just got here early?…Heheh…" Bulma gave up and pretended to be fascinated by a small tear in her wallpaper. Vegeta did nothing but get a little pink around the cheek area and stare at the floor with an unreadable expression. Yamcha did a facevault. Krillin had one eyebrow hitched waaay up and his mouth hung wide open, Goku just looked confused in the typical Goku way; and Gohan's face turned red as he started to back out the door (only to be grabbed by Goku).

Tien and Chaou-tzu appeared behind the stunned crew in the doorway, and, not being able to see into the room very well, didn't know what was going on.

"Hey, what'd we miss, guys?" Tien asked. Goku shifted sideways a little to allow Tienshinhan to see in. All three eyes became very wide as he saw the Prince of Saiya-Jins and the Queen of Mean sitting on the couch together. Yamcha slowly and painfully got up from his facevault, hair disgruntled, eyes wide and mouth wavery.

"I-I-I think I'll be leaving now, byebye!" Yamcha said quickly, and darted out the door, too fast for anyone to restrain him. Frankly, everyone else felt both too awkward to stay and too awkward to leave. They just stood there staring. Goku finally broke the silence.

"Uhh, no party?" He said bluntly.

Vegeta glared up at his friendly nemisis and growled. "I marvel at your wonderful ability to state the painstakingly obvious!" The prince nearly yelled at his taller counterpart. Goku backed off immediately, as did everyone else: right out the door. They were all in such a hurry to get out of the embarrassing situation that they merely jumped over the railing and down to the main lobby three floors below, ignoring the stunned emplyees and darting swiftly out the door. Bulma was left alone with her not-so-secret lover.

"Ve…Vegeta, gomen nasai…I forgot about that…" She stuttered to the furiously embarrassed Vegeta who looked ready to punch a whole in the wall. Bulma had no doubt that if she said one wrong thing, the wall was history. She heard a low growl as Vegeta swiftly spun around, his piercing obsidian glare boring a mental hole in Bulma's head. She flinched heavily.

"You forgot, eh? Kusottare! There goes whatever semi-respectable reputation I was ABOUT to have! Gee, arigatou, I always wanted to be caught kissing the good guy's GIRLFRIEND!!" Vegeta sent Bulma one more look that could have set daisies on fire, then, throwing up the window so hard it fell off the wall, blasted out the open space into the evening in a blinding flash of raging blue energy.

Bulma sighed. At least it was the window and not the wall.

 

Chapter Three | Go Back