Words in asteriks are telepathically spoken **

 

Chapter One

 

Things had been going normally for a few days; everyone at the Capsule Corp. was busy with work, Veg and Bulma had had no more deadly serious fights, and Chichi continued yelling at Goku and educating Gohan to the best of her ability, but had still failed to remember to cut his hair.

The peace ended when Vegeta woke up next to Bulma one day and felt an odd presence with his sixth sense. It was so strong, that it was actually what had waken him up at 4:00 in the morning.

"Bulma, wake up, there's something wrong," he said to his sleeping mate. She rose groggily and looked at him.

"What's wrong, Vege-chan, it's four in the morning," she replied.

"There's something near Chikyuu…it's coming closer…and it had a phenominal ki reading…"

"WHAT?! Not again, no, I don't want fighting…" Bulma began to sob and put a pillow over her head. Vegeta felt sorry for her, and removed the pillow.

"I'm sure we'll find some way to deal with it, don't start wailing about it just yet," Vegeta said in his usually gruff way. Bulma whimpered.

"Let me go get Kakkarott, he's probably already felt it. The others will probably be there, too, although I don't know if they'll be any help to us," the Saiya-Jin prince told his mate, as he hopped out of bed and dressed in his blue sparring outfit. Bulma watched as he rocketed through the window and across the dark sky in a flash of bright blue light.

 

***

 

When Vegeta reached the Son house, he found Goku already standing outside, looking up to the sky to try and see what was approaching the planet so fast. Vegeta landed right next to him and began to search the sky also.

"What do think it is, Kakkarott?" the prince asked Goku.

"I have absolutely no idea, Vegeta, but let's hope they're not too strong for us," he replied. Vegeta nodded in agreement.

At about six o'clock, the two Saiya-Jins gave up and took off to get the other warriors and see what they could do about the new arrival. It was almost on Earth now, its presence was unnervingly close.

 

The two arrived at the Roshi house where Krillin was living, then, while Krillin and Vegeta stood around at the vast, rocky meeting space they had agreed on, Goku got Yamcha, Tien, Chao-tzu, Gohan and Piccolo. Once everyone was in the same location, they realized that the enemy was going to land practically right in front of them. There were a couple minutes untill the giant thing landed.

"Get ready, guys," Goku said to the gang. They nodded grimly.

Just then, Bulma arrived in an air car, jumped out, and ran towards the group.

"Woman, what are you doing here, making your death wish?" Vegeta yelled. She glared at him.

"I just want to be here to know if anything is going to happen to you guys or the Earth again, and if it is, I might as well face the truth. I've been in so many battles already, what could it hurt, really?" Bulma said. Everyone looked surprised, and only Bulma noticed that Vegeta was worried, but she ignored their reactions and went to stand with them to watch the sky.

A black dot appreared in the now light sky and quickly became larger. It rocketed towards the clearing and landed with a bang, throwing large dust clouds everywhere. When the dust cleared, Vegeta, Goku, Krillin, Piccolo, Gohan and Bulma gasped in fright as they recognized the ship style immediately.

It was identical to Freezer's.

Fears became reality as a very Freezer-looking form stepped out of the ship, followed by a much larger one and many, many soldiers. The soldiers could easily be defeated by Vegeta and Goku, but the ki readings coming from the initial two were completely out of control and nearly unbelieveable.

Cautiously, the group walked toward the mass of enemies, and faced them so that they could see every detail on the evil henchmen's expressions. Most of the soldiers were afraid of the one called Kakkarott and possibly the Saiya-Jin prince, but the two in charge looked freakishly relaxed.

"There is something not right here," Vegeta said quietly to Goku.

"I know, his ki feels different than before…and who's that other guy?" Goku whispered back. Vegeta could only shrug and shake his head.

"So, Kakkarott, Vegeta no Ouji, we meet again. Pity I have to kill you again, Ouji, this time I'll make it slower and more painful so that you won't even want to be ressurected. Hai?" the new Freezer said. Vegeta flinched, as did Goku. "My dear little Super Saiya-Jin, how have things been? I supposed you're pretty cocky now, but I'll give you a warning. I'm about twice as powerful as I was at my max back on Nameck, and now if I get mad, the planet I'll be blowing up is your precious Chikyuu, whaddaya say to that, monkey?" Goku flinched even more. The two Saiya-Jins knew their fate was closing in on them. They were shocked at Freezer's next statement.

"Look, father. Remember our little pet, the Chibi Ouji, Vegeta Jr? See, he's hardly changed. Still has that terrible hairstyle. And look, he's only about a foot taller now, about twenty some years later," Freezer said to the larger thing beside him, which strongly resembled Freezer himself in his first form, except quite a bit larger. This was obviously his father.

Vegeta had heard about him: King Kold. Freezer was now more powerful than him, but not by a whole lot. Vegeta still had painful memories of the Kold brothers and their father teasing and beating him, kicking him around for sport, making fun of the Saiya-Jin race with terrible jokes, accenting each word with a punch to the little prince's face.

"Damn your hide, monkey, but you were a barrel of laughs back then," King Kold said in a cruel voice. This time it was Vegeta's turn to flinch heavily. A small shadow of fear crept over a small corner of the Prince's mind, but he quickly shoved it away.

"You won't get away with this, Freezer. We'll find some way to kill you so that you'll never come back," Goku said in an unusually spiteful tone. Vegeta only crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes to thin, hateful slits.

"Is that so? The little Super Saiya-Jin? Oh no, I'm just shaking in my boots," Freezer said to Goku in a scornfully sarcastic voice. Vegeta and Goku growled.

"Shimatta, Kakkarott, what are we going to do?" Vegeta whispered to his Saiya-Jin fighting partner.

"I don't exactly know, Vegeta, but if we want to live for more than ten minutes I think we better come up with something fast," Goku replied. Vegeta sharply nodded and studied Freezer and King Kold carefully for any apparent weaknesses, but couldn't detect a single thing.

*We're going to have to hope for a miracle now,* Vegeta said telepathically to Goku. Goku sadly nodded.

At that moment, a figure dropped out of the sky and landed directly in front of the two Saiya-Jin warriors. The men gasped and stepped back. Freezer and Kold looked surprised.

"Do you have airborne backup, monkeys?" Kold asked. The two could only shake their heads. Kold looked surprised.

The figure was an older teenage boy with lavender hair, black sweatpants, and a jean jacket which said Capsule Corp. on it. Bulma gasped.

"How could he have a Capsule Corporation jacket if he doesn't work for me?" she said out loud. Yamcha could only shrug, as did Tien, Chaou-tzu and Krillin.

The boy looked at Freezer and Kold intently, as if he planned to fight them. Goku didn't want this surprise intruder to be hurt or killed, especially when he obviously didn't know the true power of this enemy.

*I think you should get out of here as quickly as possible,* Goku told the boy telepathically. The purple-headed teen jumped in shock and turned to face the two men. Goku nodded to show him that he had spoken.

*It's telepathy, an ability that my race, the Saiya-Jins, have,* Goku told him. *I can talk to you without anyone else hearing.* The teen's eyes opened wider, seeminly at the mentioning of Saiya-Jins.

"Are you…are you Son Goku?" the boy asked. Goku and Vegeta's eyes popped open. The boy seemed to not have really noticed Vegeta at all and did not turn to look at him. This time Goku was too startled to speak in telepathy.

"How do you know my name?" he asked the boy. The boy gave a small, relieved smile.

"You are exactly who I was looking for. Before I talk to you, however, I need to get rid of these two so there will be no distractions," the teen replied. Everyone gasped, including Freezer and Kold. The latter two, however, quickly recovered and chuckled at the boy's show of flawless confidence.

"You overestimate youself and underestimate us, runt," Freezer said, and laughed. The boy only frowned.

"We'll see," he said, and immediately turned Super Saiya-Jin. Vegeta and Goku's reaction was so startled it is virtually indescribable.

"HOW THE HELL?!?? BUT…BESIDES YOUR BRAT (spoken to Goku), WE'RE THE ONLY TWO SAIYA-JINS LEFT! HOW COULD HE POSSIBLY…" Vegeta ranted. Identical thoughts were running through everyone's heads, including Freezer and Kold. They all knew they could leave it to Vegeta to voice their opinions for them. The boy, however, seemed not to notice everyone's surprise.

"Get ready, Freezer," he said, and freaked everyone out again by recognizing even his opponent, when the opponent had never seen this boy in his life. The boy dissapeared in a blur of light and reappeared in the center of the large ring of henchmen. He annihliated all of them in only a few moves. He then turned to a shocked Freezer and Kold. Again, Freezer quickly redeemed himself, as did his father, and smirked at the confident, serious teen.

"We'll see how tough you are, runt," Freezer snarled, and dissapeared from sight. The boy tracked his ki and blocked the oncoming kick with some difficulty. He was obviously surprised by the enemy's strength. Freezer then did some general beating and bashing untill the boy lay on the ground, groaning in pain and wincing as he tried to move farther away from Freezer, so as to prolong his remaining life as much as possible. Goku darted up to the boy as quickly as he could, which was pretty quick, and used his Instantaneous Movement technique to quickly transport him over to where Krillin and Bulma were standing.

Vegeta and Goku gawked at Freezer's new power. Before, it was all he could do to ward of SSJ Goku, and now he was easily beating up on another, considerably powerful Super Saiya-Jin.

"Well, since you're all so weak and pitiful, and you only have one Super Saiya-Jin left, I think I'll just start picking off the little weak ones," Freezer said in a malicious voice. He grinned evilly and pointed his finger towards Bulma.

It was all Vegeta could do to keep himself from screaming in anger, but he kept a straight, yet anrgy, face. Yamcha was the one who did the screaming.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HER, YOU SLIMY BASTARD!!!" the man yelled at Freezer as a red dot appeared on his fingertip. Just as the shining missile left Freezer's finger, Yamcha shoved Bulma roughly out of the way and ducked the shot just as it whizzed over his head.

Bulma yelped as she was smacked out of the way and landed right on top of the strange teen, who was relaxing against a rock. He grunted lightly as Bulma landed on him with a thump.

As Bulma looked up into his eyes, she couldn't help but be a little startled when she saw the boy's face. It looked unnervingly like Vegeta's. Actually, if Bulma's senses were working correctly, with black, spiky Saiya-Jin hair and a few inches taken off his height, the teen would be identical to the Saiya-Jin prince.

 

***

 

Mirai Trunks couldn't help being almost on the verge of tears as he looked at his future mother's face, innocent and unknowing, waiting for the end of the Earth. He had yet to see his formerly dead father, or so he thought. He'd never seen him before in his life, except when he was very young; those memories were now long lost. His mother had no pictures of him, and seldom talked about her husband. It was too dark of a subject. Things were already too dark in his time, anyway.

He was extremely relieved about finally finding the great Super Saiya-Jin, Son Goku. After his future mother had gotten up off of him, he checked his pocket, just to make sure the pouch of medicine and his capsules were there. After his check was found affirmative, he relaxed against the rock again and watched the fight. It confused him; the Freezer in his time was much less powerful than this one; he had hardly caused a fight.

 

***

 

"How dare you shoot at me, you overgrown lizard baka! I oughta mmmphphff…" Yamcha quickly covered the squalling woman's mouth as Freezer glared at her in an annoyed fashion.

What a baka, Vegeta thought affectionately as he watched Bulma try to yell through Yamcha's hand. She shook her fist at the offending evil entity and furrowed her eyebrows.

"You are really starting to annoy me, weakling," Freezer said to Bulma, and she quickly shut up. Unfortunately, her caution was a little too late as Freezer fired another shot at her. It came so fast Yamcha could do nothing. The teen, however, could.

He suddenly jumped up and knocked the oncoming shot away from the green haired young lady, who could only stand there wide eyed and watch the blast fly away from her, causing a nearby mountain to explode in a purple dome of energy before dying down into a heap of smoldering ashes.

"Arrrgh, why are you all guarding her so intently?!" Freezer yelled at the group of Chikyuu warriors. They all frowned at him and remained silent. Bulma was special to everyone.

Vegeta was struggling to contain himself as Freezer aimed another shot at Bulma. The teen stepped in front of it again, a determined look on his face. Vegeta was puzzled at the boy's determination to guard Bulma, but decided that as long as someone was saving her besides him, he could figure everything out later.

If there was a later.

After three more shots aimed at Bulma, Krillin and Yamcha being knocked away by the teen, Freezer became frustrated.

"Ack, this is starting to wear on my sensitive nerves. If you ninnies are so pitiful, the least I can do is give you a night to figure out some kind of battle tactics for tomorrow. Mayhap you can preserve your precious Chikyuu a little while longer," the interplanetary lord told the Z Senshi, and retreated back into his ship. Relieved sighs could be heard all across the battlefield.

"That was too close for comfort," Goku said, voicing eveyone's thoughts. Many "Hai"s could be heard and everyone shook their heads.

"Come on, you guys, it might calm us down a little if we had a small party or something tonight at my house, say six o' clock?" Bulma suggested.

"That sounds great, Bulma! At least it will relieve some pressure," Goku replied. More "Hai"s sounded. Bulma sent an eye flash to Vegeta and his head moved up and down so slightly as to be barely noticeable. Bulma smiled in spite of herself.

Bulma then remembered the strange teen that had been hurt. He was still leaning against the rock, looking a little depressed.

"What's wrong?" Bulma asked him. He sighed and kept staring at the ground. Bulma felt a frown creeping across her face. "Who are you, anyway?"

"It's a long story," he replied. "And you need to hear it. I think everyone better sit down though, because it's quite a long tale to tell." After everyone was seated, the teen began his story.

"First of all, my name is Trunks. I am not from this timeframe, I am from your future." Everyone gasped, including Vegeta and Piccolo. "I have come to warn you of great dangers that lie ahead for your group of senshi. It is not Freezer; in my time, he was defeated easily. I thought I could come and stop him for you, but I suppose that just can't be done.

"Anyway, in my time, all the senshi have been killed by two artificial humans, Juuhachigou and Juunanagou; brother and sister. My mother, Son Chichi, and I are the only survivors of their rampage. Son Goku died before they even arrived of a terminal heart disease." Goku gasped. "Not to worry; I have come here to do justice to my family, the Son family, and everyone else who was killed. I have brought the cure to Son Goku's heart disease, and to tell everyone to train intensly for the next three years. Otherwise, everything is doomed in this timeframe as well. Not only your senshi were destroyed, masses of Japan were also being destroyed."

The Z Senshi stared at Trunks in disbelief. Some of them couldn't face the truth; some accepted that it was true, but were scared silly. Only one senshi's mind was elsewhere.

"That still doesn't explain why you were able to go Super Saiya-Jin. I could have sworn that Kakkarott and I were the only Saiya-Jins left in the universe, along with his brat. But you don't look a thing like him. Where did you come from, exactly?"

 

***

 

Trunks turned to look at the owner of the voice. It was a dark, short man, about a fourth of a foot shorter than Trunks, with wild black hair and a serious expression.

Trunks was shocked. He didn't look in mirrors much, but this guy was definitely an exact copy of Trunks with different hair. The similarities were astounding.

Trunks took out the group picture she had of before everyone had died. He examined the picture and matched faces with this crowd.

There's Krillin, and Son Goku, Yamcha, Tien, Chaou-tzu, Chibi-Gohan, even Piccolo. But Kasaan said that Tousan wasn't in it. Vegeta, I think his name was? The Saiya-Jin prince. That guy over there isn't in this picture either…

After a few more moments of remaining quiet after putting the picture away, Son Goku spoke.

 

***

 

"If he doesn't want to say anything, he doesn't have to," Goku told Vegeta, and looked at Trunks with a smile. Trunks gave a small one back, like he wasn't used to smiling; which was understandable. The short man hmphed.

"I really would like to know how you got here, though," said Goku.

"I used a time machine my mother built. She is very good with computers. The technology of the time machine is far to complicated for any of you here right now, probably. I don't even understand it." Trunks popped out a capsule. "Anyone for a drink?" He pressed the button on the capsule and a refridgerator popped out. Trunks took a soda from it. Krillin, Gohan, Yamcha and Bulma also took drinks. Bulma wondered who made that model of refridgerator; it wasn't even out yet! She then remembered that Trunks was from the future.

Vegeta didn't move from the rock he was sitting on; he was deep in thought. The prince stared at Trunks as the others asked him questions.

He says his mother built a time machine, that must be Bulma; but she couldn't have ever mated with Kakkarott, and this boy turns Super Saiya-Jin…that only means one thing……!

"HOLY SHIT!!!!" Vegeta yelled out loud, stopping himself a little to late. His shock got the best of him. The prince's eyes shot open and his mouth hung slightly. He almost fell off his rock and dug in deep with his fingers to keep from doing so, breaking off rock in the process.

Everyone turned to stare at him, especially Trunks, when, upon seeing the look on Vegeta's face, knew that the man had figured out exactly who he was.

His son.

 

Chapter Two | Go Back