Chapter 12

Vegeta had spent the evening in the forest, mostly crying and looking at the stars, searching out the spot where Vegeta-sei would have been, had it still existed. He found it: a small, dark spot; unlike all the other dark spots, it looked…totally void of anything, even space dust. It was like a black spot in the midnight blue sky. He stared there for a while, then sighed and leaned back against a tree. He wanted to go back to the warmth of the Capsule Corporation, the warmth of Bulma, and the feeling of other kind people around him.

What am I thinking? Why do I want to…be around living things so much? I used to be fine on my own, until this planet…this woman…did something to me…I still don't know quite what. Whatever it is, I feel like I should despise it, hate the thought that I'm getting softer and softer…but then again, look at Kakkarott. He's practically a bowl of oatmeal when he's not fighting, but he's better than even me in battle. And I thought I was getting soft…

Vegeta let a couple more tears fall of his face as he stood up and flew into the dark night sky, heading towards the Capsule Corporation.

 

Bulma sat on her bed, brushing her hair and sighing. She looked at the picture and the tears and thought immediately about Vegeta. What have I done? I used to think that he was a monster…I guess sometimes I'm not much better. He did tell me once that if I actually had a ki I would be a formidable warrior, but then again he was high on love at the time. Bulma sighed once more and sank onto the bed. Since there was no prying Vegeta to worry about, she had on her slinky translucent nighty, which, luckily, Vegeta had not yet seen. She sank under the covers and rolled around, and just as she was about to turn out the lights, she heard two taps.

There was Vegeta, perched like royalty on the wide sill of her bedroom window. He gazed shyly in at her, and then looked down, his face turning mildly pinkish around the cheeks. Bulma was so shocked, she didn't know what to do or say, so she just layed underneath her thick comforter, staring at the regal figure in the window.

Vegeta stared back this time, his rakishly handsome face holding a look of longing Bulma had never seen in a man before. Bulma decided to let him in that very minute. Without thinking, she whipped off her covers and stood up, her whole body in plain view of the window.

Vegeta promptly had a nosebleed.

Bulma suddenly remembered what she was wearing as she looked at Vegeta's face…and nose. His eyes looked like they were about to roll out of his head, his eyebrows were held way up high, and his jaw hung limply from his head. Bulma blushed and a little more blood trickled down Vegeta's face.

Saying nothing and blushing furiously, Bulma let Vegeta into her room. The Saiya-Jin just stared at her for about five minutes, as more blood rushed over his top lip.

"Umm…do you want a tissue for that?" Bulma asked him.

"Huh? Umm…uh huh," Vegeta mumbled. As Bulma made her way across the room, Vegeta's obsidian eyes watched her the whole way and back. He wiped his nose off with the Kleenex, not taking his sight from Bulma's body the whole time. He tossed the tissue to the floor, and after one more minute of staring, spoke.

"What the hell are you wearing?"

Bulma turned fire red, and tried to cover up as best she could. "I didn't think you would have liked it, because you never like my frilly things."

"Where's the frills? All I can see about this outfit is that you're wearing it."

"You think I look…nice?" Bulma was a little shocked. Vegeta never complimented her looks.

"You're the……nastiest……thing I've ever……seen…………" Vegeta breathed the words into the air. They floated over to Bulma and she felt her body inhale them. She knew these were Vegeta-esque words of affection.

"You're not exactly all that and a bag of chips, ya know…" Bulma said in her Vegeta-Roped-and-Tied voice. They drew closer, and Vegeta held Bulma in a way she couldn't explain…like he kept drawing her closer, but she was physically staying in the same place.

Then, he kissed her.

He kissed her for so long, she could have sworn hours had gone by. She could feel him pouring his whole spirit into this kiss, draining himself of all his emotion, giving himself to Bulma like a gift: generously and with real passion.

It only actually lasted seven minutes, but then again, not every kiss is seven minutes long. Vegeta slowed the kiss as he stopped heating his ki against Bulma's body, then gently pulled his mouth away. He was reeling with emotions of all kind, he couldn't explain himself. He coulnd't even begin to understand all of what he was feeling in the least. After the kiss, he was drained and felt he needed to lie down after the day's ordeals. Vegeta could hardly stand up from fatigue. He tried not to show it, but Bulma noticed him swaying on his feet, and he unconsciously tightened his grip on Bulma's shoulders as more support for his tired body.

"Vege-chan," Bulma said softly.

"Wha-what is it?"

"Vege-chan, I've never seen you so tired…what happened today?"

"Umm…nothing you need to worry about. Nothing at all……" With this, Vegeta dropped backwards, fortunately onto the bed. The prince had fainted from exhaustion.

"Vegeta? Vege-chan? Hey, Vegeta!" Bulma shook him again and again, but he wouldn't wake up. She checked his pulse, and after finding it normal, realized that Vegeta had, in fact, fainted.

Bulma wondered what could make him so tired. She knew it was something that happened while he was away, and it wasn't fighting. She pulled him up to one side of the bed and put the conforter over him. She then snuggled up against his body, which was warm and perfectly shaped for sleeping on, or anything else, at that. Since he was so incredibly small for a man his age, Bulma was able to curl around him instead of the usual vice versa.

Bulma thought to herself. Goku is cute and very handsome, is attractive to the normal flirting eye, and is also very polite and sweetly thick-headed. But Vegeta had a different air around him altogether. He is one thing Goku will never be: incredibly dashing. He has a sexy voice, a raw additude, and most of all, one fantastic body! He is also much more mysterious and intruiging than anyone I've ever known or heard about. Yes, Vegeta over Goku any day.

Bulma heard Vegeta groan in his sleep, and he made a little pleasure noise as Bulma hugged him tighter and nibbled his neck. She then turned out the lights and they both fell into a deep sleep.

 

Chapter Thirteen | Go Back