Chapter 13

Bulma groaned as she sat up in bed. She looked at her clock: 7:00 AM. She looked over to her tired prince, who had his back turned to her and was still fast asleep. Bulma was still wondering what had made Vegeta so drained the night before. Oh well, she thought. Someday I'll squeeze it out of him. Bulma was mildly surprised that he was still asleep at 7:00 AM, because he was usually in the gravity room and training by 5:30 in the morning. Bulma again gazed over at him.

She moved to the side of the mattress that Vegeta was facing, so that she could look at his lovely sleeping expression again. She didn't know why, but that look on his face when he was snoozing mesmerized her. She just wished she could tell everyone else...it was getting harder and harder to hide their relationship. With the big emotional things and loving eachother so much… Bulma was surprised they hadn't let anything slip…except to Chichi. Good thing she sort of halfway understood, thought Bulma.

 

Vegeta groaned and rolled over, still asleep. Bulma giggled as he rolled right onto her. Bulma had been amazed at one of Vegeta's physical qualities ever since he touched her without gloves on: despite his rock-hard muscles, he had extremely soft skin. Bulma had almost gasped out loud the first time she felt it.

Now, she ran her hand over his arms, and then his face. She pulled her fingers through his unruly hair and kissed him lightly on the lips. He groaned and mumbled something and then was out like a light once more. Bulma wrapped herself in Vegeta's arms and also fell asleep.

What really startled her was that when she woke up again at 10:00, Vegeta was still sleeping. She decided it was time to wake him up.

"Vege-chan! Hellooooo! Time to wake up!" Bulma said loudly into Vegeta's ear. He groaned and turned over. "Oh, come on, Vegeta. Wake up, already! Wanna spar with Goku?"

"Mmmmm…Kakkarott…whaddabaka…" Vegeta mumbled in his half-sleep.

"Vege-chan, why are you so tired? I've never seen you so knocked out in your life…except when you were dead."

"Don't feel like bein' awake…shuddup and lemme sleep, woman…" Vegeta mumbled and rolled over again. He was now facing Bulma.

"Well, if this won't wake you up, I sincerely don't know what will." Bulma put her lips on his and thrust as much passion into her kiss as she could muster. Vegeta groaned and resisted at first, but then relaxed and settled into Bulma's caress. Bulma then pulled her lips away and pulled Vegeta up to a sitting position in bed.

"Good morning, sleepyhead."

"Don't talk to me all mushy like that. It makes me feel like Kakkarott."

"Vege-chan, will you get up now?"

"Mmm…I suppose if I go back to sleep you'll just bug the hell out of me. Fine, I'll get up, but there better be alot of food in the kitchen."

"Yeah, by the time you're through with the kitchen, there's not going to e any more food left anywhere in the Capsule Corporation."

"Except those frozen vegetables."

"Oh yeah. Us humans can always live solely on frozen vegetables."

"Well…umm…I've got to go train some more. This time, don't get in too much of a murderous mood, woman, I was in a tad bit of pain the last time I used that machine with your supervision."

"Oh Kami, just shuddup and go train, you thick-headed baka." Bulma kissed him one more time, watched him get dressed, and waved goodbye as Vegeta strutted out the door in his usual fashion. She knew he would be gone for the rest of the day.

 

Bulma and Vegeta's lives went on like this for a while longer, but despite their constant togetherness, they didn't really have an extremely deep bond yet. Vegeta was constantly gone for days and sometimes weeks at a time, out training himself in the boonies somewhere, while Bulma concentrated on her machines and capsule production and worked with her father on some major projects. Vegeta and Bulma were always subconsciously thinking about eachother, but since things had settled down to a more normal pattern, they hadn't been as obsessed with eachother as they had been a few weeks before. What lied ahead was going to be a shock for Vegeta and Bulma, as well as all of the DBZ senshi.

 

Go Back