Chapter 4: Neo-Princess Star

Seifer disappeared and rematerialized in the heart of Tokyo. Midnight was approaching and the time needed to accomplish his task was fading. He quickly headed over to Capsule Corp.

Meanwhile Chib was in bed trying to sleep but all her efforts were in vain. She just couldn't shake the fear that something terrible was about to happen. All of a sudden the sword began glowing once again, as if telling her that evil was up and about in the Capsule Corp. It had done that in her dream just before Adel introduced herself and once again just before Adel made her first attack. The prophecy from her old favorite bedtime story came back to her.

An unlikely pure heart with unlikely power
Would wield the sword of the stars in the unholy hour
And destroy what should have been destroyed long ago
And save the universe from evils untold.

"Could this be what the prophecy was talking about? Am I the unlikely pure heart with unlikely power? Could Adel be what should have been destroyed long ago? Is she the evil untold? Is this the unholy hour? What's that energy. Evil. Something's up."

Without warning a yell erupted from Vegeta's room.

"VEGETA!!!"

Chib rushed to his room and found it empty. Adel appeared in the mirror that was in the hallway.

"HAHAHAHA!!! Looking for him?" Adel mocked pointing to one of those horrible energy domes. Vegeta was inside unconscious.

"What have you done to him?"

"Oh, he's fine. For now anyway."

"Let him go. I'm the one you want."

"Oh, I'll let him go alright.... the instant that you give me your sword."

"No. I'll never give you the sword."

"Then I guess he'll lose his life."

"No, I won't let you. Let him go right now."

"I'll make you a deal. I'll give 'til noon for you to decide or you come rescue him yourself. I must hear from you one way or the other by then or I won't wait for the dome to do it's job I'll just kill him myself."

Chib's eyes widened in fear just when Adel went off the air. Then, in the place of that look of fear, appeared a look of fury. The others ran up to her.

"Chib, what happened. Where's Vegeta?"

"He's been kidnapped by Adel and unless I give her the sword by midday she'll kill him."

"What are you going to do?"

"There's nothing else I can do. I must give her the sword."

"That is not your only choice." said a voice coming from the sword. An intense white light filled the room and suddenly we were not in our home, but in the midst of the universe.

"Where are we?" Serena asked (the scouts had spent the night)

"You are in the realm of the stars."

"Well, that's kind of obvious, but who are you and why have you brought us here?" Chibikan asked.

"I am Princess Star and the sword is the reason that I brought you here."

"You mean, you're the one from my favorite bedtime story that Mommy and Daddy used to tell me? And what does the sword have to do with us?"

"Simple. You, young lady, are one who is meant to save the universe from the evils of my time."

"What? Me? Why me?"

"You have a pure heart, which is rare among your race, and you should not doubt yourself for you have amazing hidden power. It is your destiny to brandish this sword."

"Please don't talk about it like it's been decided since my birth!"

"But it was decided long before that. You can't deny it. That power that entered you previously has always been there, it just needed to be revealed."

"But why put all this responsibility on me? What if I can't do it?"

"There's your problem. As long as you think that you won't be able to. But if you believe in yourself and your dreams you can achieve anything. You don't have to do this, just hand me the sword and you will be free to do whatever you wish with your life. But know that without this sword the universe will not last long, especially not against Adel."

Chibikan thought about that. After five seconds of consideration she knew what she had to do.

"I'll wield the sword. I cannot allow the universe to fall into Adel's hands of evil."

"Are you sure Chibikan? I mean, you can't possibly be able to handle that power." Ren said.

"She'll do fine." The Princess assured them. "Now Chibikan, there is something else you must have."

Princess waved her hand and a wand fell into Chib's hands.

"What's this?"

"Your transformation wand. You are Sailor Star. By accepting the sword and this wand you have now become the next Princess of the Stars. Yet still the protector of the Princess of the Moon, you are also a princess yourself. Know that there are still many more sailor scouts to find and once all scouts are found Serenity will once again reign over the universe, and Chib, you will also need this..."

A gem fell into Chib's palm.

"The Star Crystal. This will help you and the others in your quest to make your dream of peace a reality but it will only be so when you find the rest of the scouts. In this you must work together. Do not lose your faith in one another. Now you must go and rescue your friend. The great prince of the Saiyans needs your help."

The white radiance filled our vision and when the light faded they were back in the Capsule Corp.

"Whoa, too bizarre."

Chibikan didn't say anything, she just stared at the sword, gemstone, and wand. "I can't believe this. I'm the one who is supposed to save the universe? I'm Sailor Star? Me?"

"Chib, are you okay?"

"Yes. Just startled. Well, anyway, we need to rescue Vegeta. We've wasted too much time already."

"But we don't even know where to find him."

"I know a way we can find out. Hey brother, are you and King Kai still friends?"

"Yeah."

"Can you ask him where we can find Adel's tower?"

"Sure. Hey, King Kai, did you hear that?"

"Yes, Goku. You need me to find this she dog known as Adel."

"Yep."

Chapter 5 | Go Back