Chapter 5: Vegeta's Rescue

Five minutes passed once again. King Kai finally came back on gave the directions. With that, they began their journey traveling straight to the Starlight Tower.

"I feel dark vibes here." Ren said.

"Look like the sword is glowing again. It's a signal. This is where Adel has Vegeta caged up in one of those horrid domes." Chibikan informed.

On the top of the tower, Adel was watching once more through the mirror. Vegeta was trying to get out of the dome. Each time he touched the walls of the dome he was shocked with more voltage.

"Just a little bit longer and I'll have the sword. Told you I'd win."

"Don't be so sure, bitch. She won't give you the blade."

"Well, we'll find out soon won't we. And once I have that sword I'll destroy all of you."

Outside of the tower

"Well, let's go."

"Yeah. Moon Cosmic Power!"
"Mercury Star Power!"
"Mars Star Power!"
"Jupiter Star Power!"
"Venus Star Power!"
"...Transform!"

"Guess it's my turn... Heart Star Power!"

When Chib was done transforming she was wearing a fuku just like the other sailors, but hers was metallic silver and black with shoulder petals. On her head was a tiara with a star cradled by a heart made of one hundred per cent silver. Her lipstick was silver and so was her eye shadow. And her skin was glittery with silver skin shimmer.

"Wow Chib, looking good."

"Arigato Sephiroth, but can the pleasantries we've got a crisis on our hands. Let's go."

"Right."

We ran into the building and up the stairs.

"Man, think they have enough steps here."

"Stop complaining, Ren. Remember this is for Vegeta. I'll run around the world for Vegeta."

"You would."

"Oh go to hell."

Finally they reached the room where Adel was stationed. They burst in all together.

"Vegeta!" Chib yelled, running over to him. "Are you alright?"

"Yes. Don't worry about me just stop Adel."

"So girl, are you ready to admit defeat and hand over the sword or would you rather fight me?"

"I will not allow you access to the sword. I am here to rescue Vegeta. If you want this sword so badly you'll have to kill me first."

"That can be easily arranged."

"Keep in mind that I will not give up easily. I will fight you to the death."

"How else would we fight?"

"Chib, would you like some help?" Sailor Moon asked.

"No. This is something I've got to take care of on my own. You guys try to find a way to get Vegeta out of that thing."

The battle began abruptly with Chib landing a punch to Adel's face. That attack was quickly matched when Adel used her magic to attack.

"Adel, you will not win this."

"Oh yes I will."

Meanwhile the others were still trying to find a way to get Vegeta out of the dome.

"This is getting us nowhere."

"Wasn't it the star sword that released you guys last time?"

"Yes. But that can't be the only thing that can dissolve this thing."

"Oh, yes it can. I most certainly can."

Back at the battle, Adel was losing her strength and fast. Adel turned around and aimed an attack at Vegeta. Chib stopped right where she was. "What are you doing?"

"Girl, if you ever want your precious prince to make it out of here alive you'd better give me that sword now and stop your attack."

"Leave him alone. I beg of you. Leave him alone. I'll give you the sword."

"Good. Glad we see eye to eye."

"But first you must promise to let him go."

"You have my word."

Cross your heart and hope to die?"

"Yes."

"Stick a needle in your eye shake your bottom if you've got 'em?"

"Stick a needle in your bottom. Oh heck, with repeating it. I promise."

Chib placed the sword into Adel's hands with tears in her eyes. But, to her dismay, Adel turned back to attack Vegeta.

"Wait, you gave your word! You even crossed your heart."

"That doesn't count, I don't have a heart."

"You, you whore! Let him go as you promised!"

"Girl, you can't make me. I now have your only means of protection. Now I shall do what I should have done when I first kidnapped him." Adel shot a beam at Vegeta.

"VEGETA NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Chib yelled placing herself in the line of fire. Chib fell to the ground.

"Ha ha ha. I've won. Now none of you will make it out of here alive. Now I will rule the universe."

Just then the sword glowed and struck Adel's hand causing her to drop it to the ground right next to Chibikan. She reached out and took hold of the hilt.

"Adel, you thought you had won but it seems the sword will only obey the pure of heart. Now, once again, I call upon the power of the stars. Lend me your energy once more to overpower this monster who dares call herself human. Super Star Sword Heart Star Ball Merge!"

The attack hit Adel, who found herself greatly wounded. Chib stepped up to her.

"Please, please, don't kill me."

"Oh, don't worry, you're not worth my time. Just go away and leave us alone. Never show your face around here again."

Adel got up and turned to leave. "Oh, don't think you've seen the last of me. I will get that sword next time. You may have won the battle but you will not win the war. I wish you well until then. Bye."

She disappeared, leaving the others in fright. Chib could just gawk in surprise.

"Hey, Chib."

"Right. Stars please allow me access to your power this one last time for today. Convert to healing force and free Vegeta." Chib struck the dome and it dissipated as before, only this time it took a lot of Chib's energy. She didn't care, though. She fell to the ground unconscious.

"Chib! Is she going to be alright?" Sephiroth asked.

"Yeah, she's just a bit a weak." Vegeta stated. "Let's get home. I'm a bit tired myself. After all, I wasn't quite fond of being woken up in the middle of the night."

"You've got my vote."

"I'm all for that."

They all went back to Capsule Corp. By the time they got there Chib had come to.

"Hey guys. Vegeta, are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

"We...we won. Didn't we?"

"For now."

"She probably won't attack for a while, at least not until her lesions have been completely restored to health."

"But until then we have time for some fun."

"Serena, fun is the last thing we have time for. We must all train and be prepared for her next attack."

"Shut up, Luna."

"Luna's right, though. Meatball Head."

"You too, Rei."

"Make me."

"Come on you two, stop it. We might have a little time for some fun but first we have to make sure we're ready."

"Can we sleep first?" Sephiroth asked.

They all laughed and walked into the living room and piled onto the floor. They weren't about to give Adel the chance to kidnap one of them again, so they planned to sleep over at someone else's house, and in the same room, every night. They knew Adel would attack and they wanted to be doubly sure that they were prepared for that next time.

Go Back