Two thousand years ago in the far reaches of the universe stood the Star Tower where the Princess of the Stars watched over the entire universe. She had been orphaned since birth. All of the races respected her because she had always been fair and kind to everyone. She had never had any reason to form an army to protect the universe. Until now.

On the planet Earth the humans had unlocked a box that held everything that is now feared. The only thing left was a single glimmer of hope. That light entered the dust of a star that had exploded. The princess added to that mix some magic of her own and from that mix of stardust, magic and hope a sword appeared. But she would not be the one to wield the sword for just as she was about to grasp the handle a beam flew through her heart. As she died she said this...

An unlikely pure heart with unlikely power
Would wield the sword of the stars in the unholy hour
To destroy what should have been destroyed long ago
And save the universe from evils untold

The instant that those words left her mouth the powerful sword disappeared and the princess died.

Preamble
"And from that day forward no one knows where the great sword had vanished to. And no one knows who this savior will be. All anyone knows is that someone out there holds the key to saving the entire universe. Or will one day hold the key. And no one knows when the evil hour will come. It may be in the next ten minutes, or a hundred years from then, it could even happen in the next day. When will the foretold one brandish the phenomenal blade and save us all? Well, we'll find out then won't we? The end." A lady said, finishing up a bedtime story. "Now Chibikan, you get right to sleep. You have training in the morning."

"Goodnight Mama."

A man then walked into the room with a glass of water.

"You better get a good night's sleep tonight, munchkin. I do not want you falling asleep again during training. Did you say your prayers?"

"I was hoping you'd say them with me tonight, Papa."

"Oh alright. Ultima, we thank you for letting us have this day of peace. Please watch over everyone of the Saiyan race. Help us to make the right choices in life. Show us the right path in all our wanderings. Protect us and guide us through everyday of our lives. Amen."

"Amen."

The two grownups began to walk out of the room.

"Goodnight Mommy, Goodnight Daddy."

"Goodnight little one."

The child then went right to sleep.

Chapter 1 | Go Back