Chapter 1: Memories

Chibikan could remember that night flawlessly. Her parents had been very beloved to her. She could remember it as clearly as the sad night when she had been notified of her parent's demise as one of the many tragic results of a war. One of the last battles that she had fought in had brought back memories of that bedtime story.

As she thought while sitting in her bed she held her sword that was called the star sword. It looked just like the one from that legend and it's power was great. Sephiroth rolled over in the bed to face her.

"What's wrong? What's that in your hands?"

"A sword that I came across when I was little girl. It's power is colossal. It reminds me of a story my parents used to tell me just before I went to sleep."

"You miss your parents don't you? You know they're alive, though, in that other timeline you guys told me about."

"Yes, in that timeline. But in this one they're gone. I miss the way Daddy used to call me munchkin and the way Mommy mended my scraped knee when I got hurt in my first day of training. I had been howling like no tomorrow that the scrape hurt. She applied some stinging medicine to it but she made it so the stuff didn't hurt at all. I guess it was the love she put into it.

And I miss the way Daddy sometimes prayed with me at night and how Mommy always put my hair up in pretty braids. Ren always called me either Mommy's little baby or Daddy's little angel. She would always make fun of me but I always felt safe when I was with my parents.

When my family was sent to Earth, just seconds before Vegetasai was destroyed, I had wrapped up the blade and put it in a bag I always carried no matter where I went. I somehow managed to hide both things from that terrible woman that had kept me as a slave. I knew if she ever found them she'd take them and throw 'em away and then beat me. I still have the sack as well as this."

"Might I see?"

"Sure." Chibikan said, getting the bag out from the closet.

"What's within it?"

"These." Chibikan replied, taking out some artifacts she had had since she was a child. She laid them across the bedding. There was a music box, a dagger, a necklace, some hair pieces, and a book. "These all used to belong to my parents and they're all I have left of them.

The melody box was something my mom had had since she was a little girl, the dagger my dad had gotten from his father, the hair pieces my mom always used to plait my hair with, and the book is just a memory book that I kept even after all these years. The necklace also had belonged to mommy.

I miss them terribly. But that's not the only thing bothering me. As I held the sword in my hands tonight I began to feel an evil energy, as if something was out there ready to attack. Chikyuu's in danger I can feel it. Don't you feel like something's wrong?"

"You're probably just tired. Try going to sleep."

"Maybe you're right."

Chapter 2 | Go Back