CHAPTER THREE: Vegeta's Terror

Holy cow, he's training harder than me! Goku thought, amused by Vegeta's intense ambitions to defeat him in battle as he sensed his immense energy. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he was challenging me to come and spar with him right now. "OW!!!!!!!!!" Goku shrieked, as he felt Vegeta's despair. Wow, so eager to beat me, he's even using his emotions to do it!

Help me!

"OK, now I'm scared." he said aloud to himself. ChiChi had gone off shopping for 'school crap', as Goku called it, with Gohan.

ARE YOU BLOODY DEAF KAKAROTT!?!? HELP ME NOW-BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

What the fu-, Goku wondered. He had thought that Vegeta, for a second there, had been using telepathy, a skill Goku himself had always had a knack for, but Vegeta adamantly refused to believe in.

LIKE NOW WOULD BE GOOD, IDIOT!

"Er, maybe I should check this out..." Goku estimated stupidly and shrugged his shoulders with a sigh.

He put his fingers to his forehead,\ and transmitted himself to Vegeta.

MEANWHILE, IN PERU

"ABOUT FRIGGING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Vegeta boomed, flying down instantly to Kakarott's positioning above Bulma. "SENZU BEAN, NOW!"

"Well, I don't carry them round with me!" Goku said hastily.

"WELL, YOU BETTER GET US TO SOMEONE WHO DOES, OR BULMA IS GOING TO D-" he couldn't even bring himself to say it.

"FUCK!" Goku cried, staring at the lifeless form of Bulma, "What the hell happened?!"

"SCREW WHAT HAPPENED, YOU MORON! JUST GET US TO SOMEONE WHO HAS A SENZU BEAN NOW!" Vegeta screamed at him. WHAT A COMPLETE PRICK! Vegeta thought lividly. BULMA COULD LOSE HER LIFE, AND HE IS STANDING THERE ASKING POINTLESS QUESTIONS!

"Sorry!" Goku yelled, scared. "Grab on."

Vegeta did so, rapidly, and the three of them disappeared off to the floating palace.

WAY UP HIGH

"DENDE!" Goku bellowed as the little Namekian rushed out of his house followed by Mr.Popo.

"We sensed your arrival," Dende shouted, flying over to their position, pursued by his pure jet assistant.

"Jeez!" Dende cried, surveying Bulma's leg injury. "Really, I should not being healing mortals."

"HEAL HER OR WE'LL NEED A NEW GUARDIAN FOR THIS PATHETIC PLANET!" Vegeta roared at him as he recoiled in terror.

"OK, OK!" the Namekian cried, placing his hands over her and sending healing energy through them. "I was going to say that I shouldn't heal mortals but I will make an exception in this case because I can tell she means something special to you."

"Shut up and heal," Vegeta muttered snappishly, feeling his face grow warmer.

"I am," Dende replied, annoyed by Vegeta's attitude. God, he has more front than Goku has fighting talent, he thought angrily.

"Is she alright?" Goku mumbled worriedly, noticing Dende wasn't healing her very quickly, or at least nowhere as quick as he did him or Vegeta.

Not really, Dende answered telepathically, to which Goku's brow furrowed in angst. But she'll pull through, I think.

"Yeah! Why the wait?!" Vegeta demanded, staring at the miniature hospital seated next to him.

"It takes a bit longer healing for two," Dende replied simply, continuing his reiki-like healing.

"WHAT?!" Goku cried. "Now, I know I'm stupid, but either I'm delusional, or there's only one Bulma!"

Vegeta sighed at his stupidity. Well, even he would figure it out eventually, unless Bulma told him first. "She's, well..." Vegeta began awkwardly.

"What?!" Goku cut in, very interested.

"Pregnant," Vegeta answered, cringing at the thought of his reaction, which was bound to be hugely overexaggerated. And as he knew he wouldn't be, he wasn't disappointed in Goku's reaction.

Goku just stared at him stupidly for a couple of seconds to start with, then a big smile cracked across his face and he leaped over to Vegeta like a two-year-old with a sugar rush.

"WOW! I DIDN'T THINK YOU TWO WERE EVEN SERIOUS!" he yelled, laughing as he gave him a huge hug.

"GET THE HELL OFF ME!" Vegeta cried, the hug only serving to increase his doubts about Goku's heterosexuality. "You done yet, Namekian?"

"Not quite, SAIYAN," Dende said as mockingly as he dared to, which wasn't very.

Mr. Popo watched in amusement as Goku went tumbling over the side of the lookout, at the malice of Vegeta's impatient fist.

"Chill out, I'm just happy for you," Goku told him, flying back onto the lookout's platform. "Super Saiyan hurts when you aren't one!"

"Oh God," Vegeta muttered, embarassed, realising he hadn't powered down from the next level. He did so, hurriedly.

Er, Goku? Dende asked him in his head.

What? Goku enquired.

You know when I said Bulma would be alright?

Cold dread flooded into the stronger Saiyan's stomach. Yeah, what about it?

Well, I er, may have miscalculated a little...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN???!!! Goku demanded urgently, loitering on the point of distraction.

I mean that I don't think I can help her.

Chapter 4 | Go Back