Chapter Four

 

"Now I'll…
Tell you somethin'…
I think you'll understand…
When I…
Say that somethin'…
I wanna hold your hand…"

~Sailor Moon: Lunarock

 

Rei winced again as she walked back to the picnic site for lunch. She had not yet swallowed the Senzu, because she had almost completely forgotten about it, lying in her tightly-closed fist. The pain in her jaw was crazy, and she could feel that the bone was shattered and snapped in one or two places. And that had been from one light punch. She spat more blood.

"REI-CHAN! What happened to your FACE?!?!" Lita cried as she ran towards her friend.

"OHMYKAMI! Rei, honey, what happened? Oh no, don't tell me you tried to fight him…" Vegeta's wife said as she bolted to Rei's side. She looked at her jaw and winced. "That looks pretty bad! What did he do?"

"He punched me. Once." Rei looked to the ground. The green-haired woman lifted her chin.

"Rei, don't be dissapointed. I can't believe your skull isn't crushed from being punched by Vegeta. If he punched me in the jaw, my head would probably come flying off!" the kind young-looking lady said with a gentle smile. Rei smiled back. She had to admit that she was surprised herself.

"Thank you, Mrs. Vegeta. Oh, I forgot I had this," Rei looked at the small bean, and ate it with some difficulty. Her jaw returned to normal and she wiped the blood off of her face with her arm.

"Oh, hehe, please call me Bulma," the woman said. "I'm not used to being called Mrs. Vegeta, I've only heard that a couple times since we were married. And don't be embarrassed by last night, everyone took it very lightly. Well, except Vegeta, but he's more embarrassed than you are. I'll tell you, that man has a truckload of pride the size of Japan." Rei laughed loudly. Bulma smiled.

"Arigato, Bulma-san. I better be going now," Rei called over her shoulder as she jogged over to where her friends were flirting with boys over the hill. Lita showed her where they were.

 

***

 

"VEGETA!"

The prince shivered as he heard the piercing voice of his wife from behind him.

"What is it, woman?" he snapped, angry at being disturbed from eating.

"WHY did you punch Rei in the jaw so hard? I mean, I know you probably can't punch any lighter, but why did you hit her in the first place?"

"She asked for it." Bulma grunted heavily at this answer. "What kind of answer is that? Baka ne…"

"LITERALLY! She asked me to fight her! Obviously, she didn't land anything on me and I only hit her ONCE. Happy?" Bulma was actually satisfied by this, because she knew Rei had asked for the training herself, and she knew what to expect from Vegeta's temper and training techniques.

"Fine. Go back to eating, we'll be going in a few hours." Bulma walked away to go talk to ChiChi.

 

***

 

"Hey, guess what? We're all going to be meeting here all summer together almost every day, since this place is so insanely close to all of our houses," Goten said. Everyone cheered.

Lita, Mina, Rei, Serena, Chibi-Usa, Ami, Trunks, Goten, Gohan, Marron and Bra were all sitting together on the lakeshore. Ami and Gohan had swiftly paired up and were leaning against eachother, watching the sunset over the lake. None of the others had bonded so quickly. Their age was about ten years apart, but no one cared. Gohan's mother and father had quite an age gap, also. Ami didn't give it a second thought. No one else did, either.

Everyone watched the bright orange and red light quietly, gazing every now and then at Gohan kissing Ami or vice versa. This got Trunks in the mood.

"Umm…hey, Rei," he said quietly.

"Yeah?" Rei was excited. She really did like Trunks. Alot.

"Don't you just love the sun? It's so beautiful like this." Rei nodded in reply and leaned her head against Trunks's shoulder. Trunks didn't move away. If anything, he leaned into her.

"Are you a warrior, too, Trunks?" Rei asked the purple-haired teen.

"Yeah, Goten and I fight alot. We think it's really fun. I hear you do too," Trunks said.

"Yeah, I love to fight. I'm in to fire and psycic stuff. How about you? Do you use the ki techniques, too?" Rei asked.

"Yep. I was trained by Gohan and Tousan." Trunks stopped talking as his face came closer to Rei's. She brought hers up to meet his, and they met in a kiss.

Lita and Mina excitedly whispered to eachother, as did Serena and Chibi-Usa. Gohan and Ami just smiled and kissed again. After a minute or two, Trunks pulled away.

Rei was momentarily startled as she could have sworn Trunks looked exactly like Vegeta with purple, lank hair, but the image instantly left her and she disgregarded it untill Trunks's next comment.

"So, Kasaan told me you're being trained by my Tousan. How's it going? Is he too rough for you?" Rei froze.

"Your…your Tousan?" she managed to squeak out.

"Well, yeah…what's wrong? Still a little embarrassed about last night? Hehehehehe…the look on Tousan's face…phhhtHAHAHA! That was really priceless…you must be talented to squeeze a reaction like that out of my dad. It's nearly impossible! I've never seen Tousan that bright red…" Here Trunks laughed again. Rei had to join him as she recalled the look Vegeta had had on his face.

"Your dad is really handsome. Now I know where you get it. I swear, you look exactly like him." Trunks blushed and gave a surprised look.

"I know my dad's good looking, but no one ever told me that before except Kasaan. Good thing he doesn't know what you think."

"Oh, but he does. I called him sexy right in front of his face while he was training me." Trunks couldn't take that. He exploded with laughter and almost fell into the lake.

"OH DENDE, WHAT DID HE DO?" Trunks said between gasps and loud laughter. No one else seemed to notice as they were all having their own private discussions.

Now Rei was laughing just as loud. "HE…HE BLUSHED AND SAID…THANK YOU!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!" Trunks and Rei were both holding their sides and slapping eachother's shoulders as they laughed hysterically. Bra had heard everything and cracked up as well. She just couldn't see her Tousan thanking anyone for calling him sexy right in his face during a training session.

 

***

 

Mina and Goten were having their own flirting session, and it was going quite well. The two had become a fast couple after some heavy flirting, and they were now kissing by the lake as things quieted down after Trunks and Rei got over whatever had set them off. All three couples embraced eachother, kissed, and watched as the last few hours of daylight slid behind the horizon.

Bra, Lita, Serena, Marron, and Chibi-Usa all chatted about girl things together. Lita was completely fine with Mina getting Goten and was happy for both of them. Everyone was excited about the new couples, especially about Gohan and Ami, because Gohan was already in his twenties and still without a girlfriend or wife. Ami was only fourteen, but Gohan was OK with that. He was already thinking about marriage. He did not mention it to Ami, however, because he knew that would be greatly rushing it. He just relaxed into her arms and she into his.

After the sun had set, the young people heard everyone packing up at the campsite. They got up and started to walk over to their parents and friends.

"Hey, I have an idea," Chibi-Usa said. "Let's have a sleepover at our summer house! Everyone's invited who's not a grownup or over thirty years old!" Everyone else smiled and readily agreed. They ran towards the adults in charge. Vegeta, Bulma, ChiChi, Goku, Juuhachigou and Krillin came into sight.

"Tousan! Kasaan!"

"Yes, Trunks?"

"What is it, kid?"

Trunks ran towards his parents. "Can I go over to Rei's summer house and have a sleepover along with Bra, Goten and Gohan, and Marron? Please?" Vegeta lifted an eyebrow at the mentioning of his student's name. "Rei's other friends will be there too, so we'll have alot of company," Trunks added. Vegeta's brow went down slightly.

"Of course you can go, Trunks-kun. I'll give you your overnight stuff again," Bulma said, and handed him the neccesary items. Vegeta grunted in approval. Trunks whooped and ran over to Rei, who called out happily as well. Vegeta's eyebrow skyrocketed.

"Now Vege-chan, don't even say anything," Bulma told her husband. He kept quiet as he caught a glimpse of his student and his son kissing as they ran to tell the others.

 

***

 

Everyone's parents had agreed to the sleepover, and the young adults were all heading over to the beautiful summer house of Ami's.

"Gee, Ami, this place really is beautiful,"Gohan said as he gazed in wonder at the majestic, rather largish lodge. It was all pastel green with dark green frames and sills. It was in the forest, surrounded by trees, and dark ivy grew up the side and front and up over the balcony, wrapping around the rail.

"Wow…it is pretty…" Trunks was equally impressed. The long walk had made him a little tired, but he was eager to have some fun.

Once everyone was inside the house, Chibi-Usa, Bra, and Marron were eager to have some fun. After everyone set up thier sleeping bags and got dressed in thier night clothes, the three younger girls leaped over to the phone and dialed the pizza store.

"Hello, may I help you?" the voice on the phone said.

"Hold on a minute please," Marron covered the phone with her hand. "What does everyone want?"

"Pepperoni!"

"Extra cheese!"

"Sausage!"

"Bacon!"

"Stuffed crust!"

"Veggie!" Trunks burst out laughing as he thought of his Tousan's pet name.

"Pineapple!"

"Alright, alright, we'll get three of each," Marron told everyone. The Sailor Senshi girls gasped. They were used to odering a little more for Serena, but this was outrageous. Bra explained Goten, Gohan, and Trunks, and all the girls understood. The food was ordered.

When it arrived, the girls were glad they had ordered the amount that they did, because in no time at all the two boys and Serena had wolfed down four of the pizzas.

After twelve of the pizzas were devoured, the kids settled down and started playing games, watching movies, and telling jokes. Laughter could be heard from outside the house. Darien came down from his room and joined the fun. After everyone was tired, they began to play a game of Truth or Dare.

"Alright! Whoever I spin around and point to goes first. They pick truth or dare and I ask them a question!" Bra closed her eyes and started spinning around. Her finger landed on Rei.

"Alright, Rei! Truth or dare!" Bra said.

"Umm…truth!" Rei replied. She regretted it the minute she heard the question.

"Who was your first real kiss?" Rei turned bright red. No one had kissed her before last night.

"Err…umm…well…do I have to tell the truth?" Rei asked.

"Of course, silly. What's wrong? Who was it?" Lita was dying to know.

"It was…it was Vegeta-san!" There. She had said it. Everyone stared.

"Tou…Tousan? But…" Trunks coulnd't believe it. His DAD had been his girlfriend's first kiss! That was a little odd.

"You mean, no one's kissed you before that thing last night with Tousan? Are you sure?" Trunks asked.

"Yes, Trunks. You were my second. I've gotta give Vegeta-san some credit, though, he's really good. Too bad he's always so disagreeable all the time, he could be a really sweet guy." Rei blushed. "Just don't tell him that. He'd probably mutilate me in two seconds flat…or less." Everyone laughed. Rei was glad they all took it so lightly. Trunks was even laughing. He kissed her again.

"Alright! Now I get to pick," said Rei. She stood up and started spinning. Her finger landed on Gohan.

"Truth or dare?" Rei asked him.

"After your question, I'm going for dare," he replied.

"Alright…now what's the trickiest thing to do…" Rei tapped her foot as she thought. "Ooo, I have an idea. We have to sneak into a house and do something to somebody that we could possibly get killed for…and I mean for something like this, we have to do it as a group to get some real kicks."

"Well, the easiest to really tick off is, of course, Tousan, and Kasaan isn't too hot on pranks, either," mused Trunks.

"You're right. We could easily think of something veeery mischevious to do to that hot-headed couple," Marron added. "I say we pick them. Plus, the Capsule Corporation is the closest building to here."

"I say we find little annoying ways to keep them up ALL night! Sleepless in the Capsule Corporation!" Bra exclaimed. Everyone giggled and began plans.

"Now, we have to keep our ki ALL the way down, because Tousan is like, ultra sensitive to familiar ki signatures. We have to keep out of sight. And most of all, we can not make a single noise that alerts them to our presence besides the annoying, purposeful ones. Got it?" Trunks said. Everyone nodded.

After about fifteen minutes, the plan was devised. They set off at a slow, minimal flying ki.

 

***

 

"Get into bed, Vege-chan," Bulma said to her husband, who was meditating on the floor. There was no reply.

"Oh, come on. Break that spell you're in and come to bed!" Bulma nagged at him. He just growled softly. Bulma frowned.

"You've been staying up so late these days. Why do you meditate so often all the sudden?" Another growl. Vegeta's tail lashed in annoyance.

"You are such a baby," Bulma grumbled, and kept reading her book.

"Why do you need me to go to sleep anyway, woman?" Vegeta mumbled.

"You know that I always need my strong, handsome Vegetable Head to get to sleep, don't you?" The prince groaned and opened his eyes to shining slits.

"Fine, just don't keep bugging me the next time I'm trying to concentrate," he snapped. Bulma just grinned in victory and snuggled up to Vegeta as he got into bed. Despite himself, the prideful Saiya-Jin grinned.

 

***

 

"We're here. Boy, that took longer than I thought. Look, their room's light isn't off yet. Wait, now it is. Let's go," Trunks told his friends. They nodded and went to assume their posititons.

Trunks was the lookout, who got to observe all the action. He levitated up to his parents' room and made sure they were trying to sleep. The teenager smiled as he looked upon the almost sleeping couple. Besides Vegeta rolling over to face Bulma and Bulma groaning, they were motionless. Trunks held up his thumb to Goten as the positive signal. Goten grinned and ran off.

Rei opened a door soundlessly, and she, Goten, Bra, Marron, Gohan and Ami stepped quietly onto the floormat. Rei crept to the kitchen faucet, made sure that the cupboard underneath was big and empty as Trunks had said, and stood next to her station, waiting for commands.

Bra slinked up the stairs. She stepped extremely carefully onto the creaky wooden hallway without making a noise. She stepped inside the doorframe of her own room and sat silently.

Ami took her position by the radio, Marron sat silently on the springy couch, Goten went back outside and levitated up to a window right next to Trunks, and Gohan also slunk upstairs. His job was the hardest.

As he reached the wooden hallway, he knew that he was too heavy to cross it without making loud creaks. Gohan levitated a couple inches over the floor and floated slowly over to the dozing couple's doorway. Fortunately, to door was open, and Gohan saw Trunks gazing through the window. Trunks nodded, and Gohan carefully touched his feet to the floor and let his weight rest on the ground. Trunks had told him that even the slightest use of ki would set his father running. Gohan cringed at the thought of the Saiya-Jin prince beating him to a pulp on the carpet. Even though Gohan knew that Bulma would always successfully restrain her husband, he knew that Vegeta had the nerve and the strength to do whatever he wanted to whoever he wanted with the one exception of Gohan's tousan. The young man closed the door behind him.

Gohan nervously eyed Vegeta and Bulma, who were curled together and not moving or making noise, then ever so slowly tiptoed across the carpet to the bathroom that was connected to the master bedroom. When Gohan's feet finally touched the cold tile, all he could do was sink onto the noiseless ceramic floor and breath in and out slowly.

Trunks grinned. He went to Bra's bedroom window and gave her a peace sign with his fingers. She smiled mischeviously and rose from her sitting position. Trunks watched as his little sister tiptoed out the door.

Inside, Bra was about to begin the plan. She looked into her parents' room to make sure they were at least almost asleep, and then started bouncing around on the creaky wood. Insanely loud noises came each time Bra's feet touched the floor. She grinned widely.

 

***

 

Vegeta's eyes cracked open. He sat up in bed and furrowed his eyebrows, A huge creaking racket was coming from the hallway. He shook his sleeping wife. She woke up as well and drowzily looked at the spiky-haired man sitting next to her.

"Bulma, you hear that, right? It's not just me?" Vegeta said, in a little bit of a confused voice.

"Yeah, what's going on out there? There's no one home but us, right?" Bulma replied. Vegeta nodded. "Go see what it is then, Vege-chan, please?" The Saiya-Jin nodded again and got out of bed.

The moment he opened the door to the large hallway, the creaking ceased. His eyebrow shot up and the right side of his lip curled down as he examined every square inch of the place in question. On finding nothing, Vegeta returned to his room, but turned their lights on and kept the bedroom door open.

"Nothing out there," he told Bulma, who's eyes widened in disbelief. "It is a little confusing."

"No kidding. I wonder what in the hell could have been making that terrible racket," the green-haired woman replied, sinking back into their pillow. She turned the lights back out, and the couple sank back into bed.

 

***

 

Goten floated over to the window next to Trunks's. He grinned again at his friend and set to his task. He began rapping loudly on Vegeta and Bulma's window, and nearly giggled at the great results.

 

***

 

"Ack, now what is it?" Vegeta growled as he turned on the lights and sat back up. A loud rapping noise was coming from behind the shaded window.

"Egad, another weird noise?" Bulma replied groggily as she sat back up in bed and looked at her plainly pissed husband, who jumped out of bed and stomped over to the window.

Vegeta whipped up the Venetian blinds, only to find that the noise immediately stopped and there was nothing outside the window. He growled loudly, threw the blinds down over the window, and thundered back to bed with his arms crossed.

"Shimatta, I'll be glad if we get two hours of sleep tonight," Vegeta mumbled as he turned the lights back off and he and Bulma tried to go to sleep again.

 

***

 

Trunks almost laughed out loud. Goten had done his job perfectly. Now it was Rei's turn.

Trunks levitated down to a kitchen window, and signaled to Rei to begin her job. She smiled and nodded, reaching down to the faucet, and turning it on full blast.

 

***

 

"THE HELL?!?!" Vegeta yelled as he and Bulma bolted up in bed once more. "This house is screwed!"

"Calm down, Vegeta. Go find out what the hell that is before we both go insane," Bulma told him.

Vegeta stormed down the stairs, mumbling Saiya-Jin curses. It sounded like the kitchen faucet, but how on Chikyuu a faucet could turn itself on was beyond Vegeta.

His suspicions were confirmed as he reached the kitchen and saw the sink running full blast. He turned it off, cursed, and went back upstairs to try and sleep again.

 

***

 

Rei stepped out of the cupboard she had hidden in. She didn't know what Vegeta would do if he found out that she was part of this scam. He would probably treat her like one of those mountains and disintegrate her in one huge blow. She actually laughed at the thought.

Trunks signaled Ami to begin her act. Ami turned to the radio, switched it on, and blasted the hard rock station to max volume.

 

***

 

"WHAT IN KAMI'S KINGDOM IS GOING ON HERE!?!?!?" Vegeta screeched as he turned on the light again and threw off the covers violently. Bulma growled angrily and slammed her fist onto the table.

"Kuso! I'd like to know the same thing! This sucks, it's like two o'clock in the morning!" she yelled. Vegeta just furrowed his brows again and marched down the stairs.

He winced and covered his sensitive ears as he approached the blaring radio. The prince mumbled something about stupid human technology and permanently switched off that particular radio by slamming it to bits. Vegeta went back upstairs and attempted rest once again, mumbling along with his wife all the way.

 

***

 

Trunks and Ami tried hard not to laugh hysterically as they examined the wrecked remains of the silver radio. Ami told Marron to begin her operation. There was only two more people left before the couple could finally be left in miserable peace.

 

***

 

"Oh. My. Dende. What on Chikyuu is going on down there now?" Bulma cried. "I'm so tired. When will these weird, stupid noises stop happening? They only stop when you go down to check on them or when you do something about it. Go make it stop, Vegeta."

"Kuso. I hate this," he grumbled as he dragged himself ouf of bed once more.

The racket this time sounded exactly like the springs on the couch in the living room. Like someone was bouncing up and down on it, but there was no one else in the house (Vegeta thought). He stomped down the stairs and examined the couch, now silent and empty. Vegeta cocked his eyebrow in annoyance and went back upstairs to try another futile time and go to sleep.

 

***

 

Now it was Gohan's turn. He got a little scared when he saw Vegeta storm into the room, but he got over it and soon was psyched to make the couple steamed even more than they already were. If that was possible.

Gohan watched as Vegeta literally threw himself into bed and jerked the covers over his head. Bulma sighed and turned over. Gohan nearly giggled, but held it back as he stood up and reached for the faucet.

 

***

 

"KUSO! SHIMATTA, THIS DAMN HOUSE IS POSSESSED OR SOMETHING! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON NOW?!?!?!" Vegeta screamed as he ripped off the comforter and pulled the light cord down so hard that after turning the light on, snapped right off.

"This totally bites," Bulma whined as she watched her husband tear across the room towards the faucet in their bathroom, which was running extremely loudly. Bulma didn't know what was going on.

 

***

 

Gohan shoved the window up and darted out, closing it behind him and leaving no trace of his presence.

"Phew, your tousan is MAJORLY pissed off, Trunks. That was beautiful!" Gohan said to his friend once he had cleared the building.

"No kidding. Tousan is so funny when he's mad. Except when he's mad at you…that's a whole different story," Trunks replied. Gohan could only nodd.

 

***

 

Vegeta turned off the faucet, twisting the knob off in the process, then tore back to his bed, whipped Bulma out of it, and took her downstairs, where they both fell asleep, Vegeta curled around Bulma and Bulma holding his tail. Both were out before they hit the cushion.

 

Chapter Five | Go Back