Chapter 2

Goten and Trunks were excited about getting to fly with the beautiful girls they saw Trunk's father fighting with. They couldn't figure out why Vegeta would want to blow up a harmless group of pretty girls, a handsom young man, and a black cat, but then again, only Dende knew why certain things just blew the Saiya-Jin prince's fuse to high Heaven. Goten would certainly never consider passing up this lovely bunch. He approached the lovely blonde.

"Ehem, hi! My name is Son Goten, heh, what's yours?" He asked her.

"My name is Mina," she replied.

"Well, heh heh, would you like me to fly you over?" Goten smiled a silly, lovesick smile at the pretty girl.

"Sure, Goten, that would be great!" Mina told him. Goten scooped her up and blasted across the lake after his friend's father.

Gohan noticed a very pretty blue-haired girl shyly standing near the shore. She smiled at him, and he smiled back. Gohan straightened his gi and walked over to her. They introduced themselves, then flew off, Gohan carrying the girl in his arms.

Trunks did not have as much good fortune with his would-be girlfriend. He introduced himself, but the black haired young woman who had been screaming at his father just backed away and looked at him oddly. He shrugged and picked up a girl with dark brown hair, who giggled and relaxed into his arms.

Goku went up to a pigtailed blonde and a pink haired younger teen, smiled at them in a goofy Goku-like way, and wrapped one arm around each. He took off as well. The young man took the cat and decided to get some more excersize by walking around the lake to the other side.

 

***

 

This left Rei all alone. She sulked for a minute and wondered who was going to be picking her up. She gasped then growled in frustration as she realized who her ride was going to be.

…and take whoever's left with you on your second trip…

That short, spiky headed punk was the one she was going to have to cling onto…touch…on her way to the other side of the lake. She briefly considered walking with Darien and Luna, but her thoughts were interrupted as a dark character landed lightly in front of her.

She had to admit that, aside from his unusual size, he was a very regal figure. She hmphed at him and glared.

"Come on, girly, I don't have all afternoon," he mumbled.

Rei slowly walked over to him. She didn't know what to do: she was embarrassed out of her wits to actaully…touch him; it just seemed too out of place. Her eyes darted around nervously, trying to figure out what to do.

"Just hold on to my shoulders or my arms or my neck, or SOMETHING! Come on!" She could see that the little man was getting impatient. Rei quickly wrapped her arms around his neck and clasped her hands over his collarbone.

The girl marveled at his sleek, built body. She could…feel the power rippling through his muscles…it was phenominal to her. Rei could hardly resist seeing what his chest felt like, so she tightened her hands more. His wild hair brushed her face, and she noticed that its texture was out of the ordinary: harsh and soft at the same time.

She yelped as he suddenly crouched and then launched into midair at a startling speed. She kept herself from squealing in delight as the wind whipped over her face. She did squeal when she slipped halfway off the man's small frame, but his hard, soft-skinned hands shoved her back to a safe postition. Rei decided she wanted to learn how to fly.

 

***

 

Vegeta landed on the picnic site and promtly let the girl on his back thunk to the ground. She grunted at him, and he smirked back.

"Thank you, dear," his wife called from the grill.

"Yeah, yeah," he mumbled and went to find Kakkarott.

"Hey, wanna spar again?" Vegeta's thick-headed companion yelled from over a hill, were he was playing something with Trunks, his younger brat, and the brat's new girlfriend.

"Yes, Kakkarott, get over here or I'll have to use that Namek-jin instead," the prince yelled back. The taller man was next to him in seconds, then they both flew off to the lakeshore where they had previously fought.

Again, Piccolo was present, but this time, so was the black-haired girl from the other side of the lake. She seemed very interested in a sparring match, while her friends just wanted to play. Vegeta was a little surprised and a tiny bit pleased, but shoved these thoughts to the corner of his mind as he psyched himself up for another spar.

Piccolo was also interested in the girl, and studied her from his midair meditation. He then turned his gaze towards the pair of warriors as they started their match.

 

***

 

Rei watched in amazement and awe as the two men duked it out. She was blown away by their amazing strength and accuracy, and also seriousness, as they ruthlessly pelted eachother with lightning-like attacks, kicks, and punches.

The taller man yelled something like Kamehameha and let fly a blast which slammed her unpleasant attacker into a tree and then a mountain, but to Rei's surprise, he shot out, barely scratched. Then, to the girl's complete shock and amazement, he…bursted…with yellow fire and his hair and eyebrows turned golden, as his eyes switched to a turqouise green. She yelped as the other man did the same. The green guy had to literally throw Rei out of the way as the short guy used the vicious Renzoku Energy Dan.

It went on like this for about ten minutes, and when both men were equally ripped apart, they collapsed to the ground, breathing heavily, both of the hairstyles returning to black and their eyes sinking back into a dark black.

 

***

 

Piccolo had always secretly admired Vegeta's style. He was ruthless and unforgiving, unlike his Saiya-Jin partner. Piccolo had had quite a few frustrating fighting experiences with Goku being sentimental and feeling sorry for his enemy, taking the time to try and see any good in his opponent. However, Vegeta never gave it a second thought and pounded Goku into the ground in their first match. Yes, Vegeta had soundly defeated Goku in that bout, but hadn't defeated Earth.

The shorter man had always been a good deal smarter, craftier, faster, and more unpredictable than his Saiya-Jin 3rd class counterpart. Piccolo admired talents like these, instead of sentiment and raw power. He also saw that this new girl apparently thought the same thing, as she wouldn't take her eyes off the shorter man.

 

***

 

Rei had come to the conclusion that since she was going to be living here with Ami and the rest of her friends all summer, that she just had to ask the small man to be her sensei. Rei wanted that speed, that drive, that intelligence on the battlefield. And oh, how she wanted to fly. She nervously started to approach the tiny guy (keep in mind, she hasn't even seen Krillin yet, Hehehe).

"Umm…I was watching you fight," Rei nervously said when she had approached the dark figure.

"OK………" He prompted her impatiently to say something else.

"I really like your style. I…know I'm not that powerful right now…from watching you just playing around…" Rei noted the smoke that was rising off of the guy from being singed by his own power flame.

"I know I'm good, but what's your point?"

"Willyoubemysenseiforthesummerpleaseyou'resogoodit'sfantasticIwanna

learnhowtoflyandstuffplease?" Rei said, all in one gigantic breath. The guy looked at her really wierd for a few seconds, then cocked his eyebrow in surprise.

"Me? A sensei? I've never tried that before, especially with a weak girl brat like you (a hmph from Rei). Well, I'll see what we can do about you. You look pretty hopeless, but at least you've got a warrior's spirit. Of course, with me as your sensei, putting up with ME alone will be your ultimate challenge. If you can put up with me without flinching for a whole intense training period while I pile you mile high with insults and broken bones, you'll be ready for the battle grounds." Rei looked at him with surprised as he smirked rather gently. "Come on, I know a place," he said, and Rei wandered off behind him.

 

***

 

Vegeta had never encountered this sort of thing before. He came to the conclusion that teaching would be just like training, only he would be training someone other than himself. He would soon find that this idea would be out of the question for this girl.

"Alright, kid, power up," Vegeta ordered. She stared at him blankly. "Well, what are you waiting for? Power up!!" She gave him more confused and rather embarrassed looks.

"Umm…you mean, use my Mars Power Pen?" she asked.

"Damn no! If you're going to be a fighter, you're going to fight without that silly costume. Once you learn to be an expert fighter without transforming, you'll be nearly five times as powerful when you use your pretty-girl pen," Vegeta explained. Rei nodded, a determined look on her face. It soon dissapeared as she kept trying to understand the meaning of 'power up.'

"OK, girl, let me put this in a simpler way: show me your strongest visible, physical ki you can muster."

"Ki? What's ki?" the girl asked. The bridge of Vegeta's nose turned blue and he got a regretful look on his face. He gave a wavery half-smile.

"You…you don't know what ki is?" he asked patiently.

"No…is that a problem?"

"((sigh)) Alright then, listen up. Your ki is the physical manifestation of your fighting spirit. You use it to boost your power level to amazing heighths, as you saw Kakkarott and me doing back there in our spar. Concentrate on your soel, your fighting soel, if you will, and…pull it outside of you. Focus it around your body, make it tangible." Vegeta was surprised at his own words, as they thoughtlessly came out of his mouth. He just assumed that he was a better sensei than he thought.

An aura slowly surrounded his student. She was faintly glowing red. "More. Put more into it. The more, the merrier. I am going to show you what a full powerup really is like. Hang onto a tree or something." Vegeta smirked as he saw the surprised and a little scared look on the girl's face.

"You have alot of sense to be feeling scared, because I happen to be very scary. Hang on tight." Vegeta got himself in the crouching powerup position. He growled as a huge layer of steel blue ki flames enveloped his body. The girl yelped.

The prince waited a minute, then screamed as he threw out his arms and energy blasted from his body. Lighting bolts sparked over his arms and legs. He got that insanely prickly feeling he felt whenever he did a huge powerup. Often, at his maximum, he even felt searing pain.

He screamed again as his power became so huge that Vegeta had to levitate into the air to keep from destroying the earth below him. He was now actually positioned inside a glowing, purple translucent sphere of energy, which crakled with ki lightning. His flames went from blue to purple. He could now see that Namekian staring at him, standing next to the girl, who looked like a semi truck was hurtling towards her and she was superglued to the pavement.

"IMPRESSIVE? I'M NOT HALF DONE!!!! YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" A column of golden energy spiraled around the Saiya-Jin. He erupted in humongeous flames as his hair turned golden and his eyes shifted from obsidian to turquoise. Several trees caught on fire, as well as the Namek's cape and the girl's shirt.

"WAAAAHHHHHH! STOPSTOPSTOPSTOP!!!!" the girl screamed at him. Vegeta decided to quit powering up now. That was one of the biggest ones he'd done in a while, and it did make him burn painfully all over. He didn't show it though, as the flames ceased and a golden-haired Vegeta returned to normal.

 

***

 

Rei had never seen anything like it. She slapped at her shoulder as the flame extinguished. That guy had phenominal powers, unlike any she'd ever seen before in her life.

"So, what did you think?" he asked.

"I…I………………indescribable," Rei finally said, agreeing with herself that this was the appropriate answer. "By…by the way, what is your name? I didn't catch it."

"Why do you want to know?" he asked again. Rei snorted.

"For social purposes. I mean, come on, you're my gosh darn sensei, I have to know your name so I know who I was trained by and I can tell people. Someone's gotta know who you are," she told him. This time, he snorted.

"Fine…my name's Vegeta…" he grumbled. Rei was puzzled. What sort of name was that, anyway?

"Vegeta? Well, OK, Vegeta-san. Are you going to teach me something now?" Rei asked.

"Yeah, I guess…the first thing you have to do is learn how to levitate and concentrate. This envolves manipulating your ki and keeping it manipulated while trying to concentrate on other things," Vegeta told her. "The first thing to do is to bring out your ki in spiritual form this time. Don't try to make it come out of your body physically, just feel its force inside of you. Now you can control your ki with your mind."

Rei listened carefully to Vegeta's instructions. She managed to feel the energy, now she just had to get it to do what she wanted…

"Make your ki lift you into the air. Just…I don't know how to explain this…just make it do what you want. It's not that hard." Vegeta smirked triumphantly as Rei floated into the air.

She was surprised at how easy this ki technique was. Rei felt a bit strange as she hung in midair.

"Great. Now, cross your legs and clear your mind. Time for some real training. You have to concentrate on your levitation, don't let the ki control slip from your mind. If you do let it go, you'll fall to the ground. The only catch is that I am going to be doing something in this, too. I'll run around, throw fake punches and basically be…annoying. Got it? Good. I'm going to start now. Keep concentrated! If you fall more than five times, you're going to be having your first sparring match with your very own sensei." Gee, he knows how to motivate, thought Rei. She relaxed and concentrated on her ki. She watched Vegeta stretch and run around for a few minutes. She almost fell when he was suddenly right in her face and threw a punch which burned her ear just from the force. His hand didn't touch her body.

"Good, you're not as wimpy as I thought." Rei smiled at the compliment, but knew that the kindness was not going to last long. Her suspicions were confirmed as Vegeta got behind her and pinched the nape of her neck pretty hard. Rei yelped and whimpered, but stayed in the air. Vegeta still held her neck when he spoke.

"Oooh, not bad at all." He darted off again. Rei rubbed her neck. He appeared all around, thowing amazingly fast punches and kicks, many making her skin burn as his hands and feet zipped centimeters over her body. After eight minutes of this and Rei not falling down, Vegeta grunted and scowled.

"You're no fun," he told her. Just then, Rei became nervous as her sensei developed that weirdly mischevious smirk again. He gave a couple laughs in his own private amusement. Rei wondered what the heck he was doing when all the sudden…

"YAAAIII!" Rei fell to the ground instantly, he eyes fixed on something that had suddenly dropped down from behind Vegeta's shirt, and was now twitching lazily from side to side.

"NA…NA…NANI? WHAT THE…" Rei could think of nothing else to say. The man had apparently…just grown a tail. He gazed down at it adoringly for a moment, then his eyes snapped back to Rei.

"Like it? It's quite the fashion statement," he told her sarcastically. Rei then realized that Vegeta had had his tail the whole time. He had been hiding it somehow underneath his untucked shirttail. She found out how as the man casually lifted up his tail and wrapped it around his slim waist. It looked rather like a brown, furry belt.

"How…did you get it?" Rei asked.

"It's a long story. Obviously, though, I'm no human. I'm a Saiya-Jin; the Saiya-Jin no Ouji Vegeta-Sama, actually. Heh." Rei gawked. The prince of his whole race? Wow…

"So, why aren't you on your planet?" she inquired. Vegeta scowled, spat on the ground, and turned back to his student.

"It's a long story. Someone will tell you sooner or later, but it will have to be a little later right now, because I don't have time for all this chitchat and neither do you. Get back into the air! Pity that such a small thing as a tail could shock you so." The tail dropped down and waved left and right. Rei almost couldn't take her eyes away, but she managed, as the prince (or so he said) began darting around again, but this time with his tail showing. It had a negavtive effect on Rei's concentration, as she fell down two more times, but she got used to it and concentrated on her sensei's being instead of his tail's.

 

***

 

Vegeta had to admit that the girl had immense promise. Not everyone learns how to levitate and manipulate ki like that in the course of only two hours. He had been secretly shocked at himself for flaunting his furry appendage like that; Bulma had warned him never to scare humans with it and to try not to keep it out too often. Vegeta was fine with this, since his tail was his private possesion, but he had felt halfway obligated to show his student what he really was; after all, she did have a right to know.

Vegeta mused on as he walked out of the forest with his new student. She looked very tired, but at the same time very awake, with the knowledge of her accomplishments. She was the only one of her little magic friends who could use ki.

"Oh, by the way, Vegeta-san, my name is Rei, just in case you were wondering," she told him. Vegeta grunted in response, then sprinted off towards the food tables.

 

***

 

Rei sat down with her six friends and Luna. They looked at her strangely, like she was glowing green or something. Rei knew it was because they had seen her talking to and walking with the short, vicious man they had encountered earlier.

"You guys, I have something amazing to tell you," she said.

"I bet you do," Lita replied. All leaned forward, waiting for the news.

"The man's name is Vegeta-san, and he's a true first class warrior: thousands of times more powerful than any of us here." Her friends gasped. "I was watching him spar with the taller guy earlier, and I was really enchanted by his techniques. So…I asked him to be my sensei for the summer, and to teach me his own fighting style. It's called 'ki manipulation,' and it uses the energy from your own body and spirit to do all sorts of things. He's got ki power by the truckload; it's amazing! He powered up for me. You…you truely should have seen it. It was absolutely phenominal." Rei's friends noticed that she got a distant look in her eyes like she was dreaming of something wonderful.

"So…I'm guessing he agreed," Serena said. Rei nodded.

"And he's going to teach me to fly, too! Oh, and you'll never believe me…Vegeta-san isn't human!" The Sailor Senshi and Darien gasped. "And he has a tail! He showed it to me. He is the royal prince of his race, the Saiya-Jins. Something happened to his planet and the rest of his people, but he wouldn't tell me what it was. I don't think he was immensly pleased by the event, either."

"Wow, Rei, being trained by a super-powerful extra-terrestrial! Sounds interesting. You could get alot out of this," Ami said. Everyone but Rei stared at her like she was an alien.

"Are you kidding, Ami? This could be dangerous," Serena said. Ami and Rei both cocked an eyebrow. Too bad no one had a camera, because you don't see Ami cock her eyebrow every day.

The girls came out of their huddle and looked startled as the young-looking man who had been hurt by Vegeta earlier plopped down next to them on the bench.

"Hi! My name's Goku, I'm really sorry for ruining your picnic earlier," Goku told them.

"Absolutely no problem," Rei replied. "I got an excellent bonus out of it. I asked Vegeta-san to be my summer fighting sensei, and he agreed. I've already learned how to use my ki to levitate!" Her friends and Goku stared at her again. She hadn't told them she could levitate.

"NANI? Vegeta? A sensei? Oh man, this is not something you see every day…" Goku trailed off, leaving a simply astonished look on his face. The Sailor Senshi had similar expressions.

"Ya see…well…Vegeta isn't always the kind of guy you hang around with alot. He's real solitary. I'm amazed he agreed. I knew I sensed a humongeous power up somewhere. Demonstration? Hm, I thought so. I guess he told you he's a Saiya-Jin, too," Goku said.

"How did you know he was? I guess you…know he has a tail, too…" Rei asked the man. He nodded.

"I'm really surprised he showed his tail to you. I used to have one, also, but I had it removed since I was raised on Earth." The girls and Darien gawked.

"You mean…you're a Saiya-Jin, too? But…no way! You're so tall! Vegeta-san's like two feet shorter than you!" Rei exclaimed. Goku laughed.

"I truely know for a flat out, non-fictional fact that Vegeta was indeed the absolute shortest full grown Saiya-Jin on the entire planet, despite being the High Prince. Most Saiya-Jins are humongeous, I'm even a little small for what I should be. You should have seen Vegeta when he came to Earth with his evil buddy Nappa. He was totally dwarfed by the humongeous guy, but he was still more than four times as powerful. He beat me in battle the first time around," Goku told the group.

"You mean…he used to be evil? So he went through some kind of…catharsis, you mean? He's on the good side now?" Ami asked.

"Cathar-what? Um, heh, English please," Goku pleaded.

"Yeah, really Ami," Serena added. Ami developed a trademark sweatdrop, as did Luna and Darien.

"Never mind. Forget it," Ami told the confused pair. Goku smiled and said goodbye, then ran off somewhere.

 

***

 

Vegeta saw Kakkarott running up the hill with his exceptionally large retarded grin. The prince rolled his eyes.

"VEGETA! You are a SENSEI? Hah! I never dreamed!" Vegeta's eyes popped open as he wondered how the hell he had discovered his secret.

"I had a talk with your new student…" Here Goku giggled. Vegeta glared, and Goku resumed talking. "It seems you've been able to teach her how to use ki and levitate in only about two hours. How talented! But…why did you show her your tail? You usually don't do that." Vegeta scowled.

"Kakkarott, get your dumb nose out of my private business!" the small man growled. Goku gave a halfhearted, wavery grin and reflexively stuck his hand behind his head.

"Sorry, Vegeta, didn't know it was that confidential. I told Bulma, too."

"NANI!?! SHIMATTA! KAKKAROTTO BAKA NE!!" Vegeta screamed at his taller counterpart. Goku nervously backed away.

"…and she told Trunks and he told Goten, and Goten told Gohan who told Bra who told Marron who told Krillin who told Juuhachi, who was smart enough not to tell anyone else because obviously she values her life more than that," Goku said all in one breath. Now Vegeta looked truely murderous.

"KUSO! IS THERE ANYONE ELSE TO TELL IN THIS DENDE-FORESAKEN GATHERING?" Vegeta ranted.

"ChiChi doesn't know…I don't think…oh wait, I told her," Goku slowly explained. Little Vegeta veins started popping on either side of an unusually large window's peak. Goku wimpered as Vegeta growled and went stomping off to his green haired wife.

 

***

 

"BULMA! What did that half-baked birdbrain baka tell you about me?"

"Well, Vege-chan, he just told me the wonderful news! I thought everyone had a right to know, so I told Trunks who I knew would tell Goten who would of course tell Gohan who would probably tell Bra who then told Marron and she told her father who told Juuhachi, who obviously values her life more than that and didn't tell anyone else." Vegeta groaned and sat down on the folding beach recliner chair next to his mate.

"Eww, yuck, Vegeta! What's wrong with your arm?" Bulma grimaced as she stared at the red-pink rips and sears from Vegeta's right elbow down to below his wrist.

"Sparring," he replied. Bulma sat up and wrapped her arms around Vegeta's neck. She layed her head on his shoulder. He didn't move as his son and that brat ran past the couple and almost stared, and even as Juuhachi strolled by with Krillin: Vegeta's #1 Most Despised Couple. It was a bad break that the two people he found to be most irritating out of the group had gotten together and were endlessly everywhere together. When Vegeta put up with one, he put up with the other. Even though he could now defeat Juuhachigou without much difficulty, it was still minorly tiring, since he couldn't blow her up in one hit because it was only sparring, and because she almost never ran out of energy. Vegeta concluded that she made a great neverending punching bag.

Vegeta and Bulma's tender moment was shattered as Goten and Trunks, the riley teens, ran across the picnic site yelling, "We're having an overnight campout!"

Vegeta shuddered.

 

Chapter Three | Go Back