Chapter Four

"Hey, I know where you're from,
It make it that much better to meet you
Hey, I know what you've done,
It makes it that much better to defeat you."

Smash Mouth, "Defeat You"

 

The backwash of energy was amazing. A white dome of crackling power exploded across the land, traveling at amazing speeds, heading straight towards the warriors.

"WE'VE GOTTA STOP! WE'LL ALL BE KILLED!" Eternal Sailor Moon screamed, barely keeping up her attack.

"BAKA, HE'S NOT DEAD YET! WE HAVE TO KEEP FIRING!" Jupiter screamed back, not really knowing who screamed in the first place, and not really caring.

The senshis stood firm as the gargatuous wave of white kept coming towards them. As it was almost at their feet, Vegeta yelled something out which could barely be heared over the roar of the energy explosion.

"EVERYONE GET AROUND ME AND KAKKAROTT!!! NOW, I MEAN NOW, DO YOU WANNA DIE? LET OFF YOUR ATTACKS!!!!"

The senshis let go of their energy beams, which only made the explosion bigger. In an instant, the whole group was around the two powerful warriors. The energy nearly burned Serena's toes as Vegeta threw out his arms and let out a yell, forming a half-sphere of swirling purple energy over all the senshi's heads, a protective wall. Vegeta groaned at the effort.

"Wow, a ki sheild! Yosh'! I've never seen this kind of shield before, Vegeta," Goku said happily. Vegeta growled at him, frowning.

"It's not going to last long. Everyone put their hands on me, now!!" The senshis obeyed. They could see the ki sheild thinning out, worn from the huge wave of still rushing energy which was blasting right over their heads.

As Goku placed his hand on Vegeta's shoulder, he almost fell over at what his sparring partner did next. Vegeta's middle and index fingers came together and flew to his forehead.

"NANI?!?! VEGETA, YOU CAN'T---"

The whole group dissapeared in a blur.

 

***

 

"T--teleport?!" Goku said, stunned. Darien almost fell over as the whole group of senshis landed almost on top of him. He looked at them all and was stunned at the power radiating off all of the still powered-up warriors, especially the Saiya-Jins.

Goku looked around. They were in Bulma's front yard, where Darien had been waiting for everyone to come back. Goku looked at the Saiya-Jin prince.

"VEGETA! YOU DID INSTANTANEOUS MOVEMENT!! YOSH' YOSH' YOSH'!!!!!" Goku exclaimed. All Vegeta could do was laugh.

"I did, didn't I? You know how long I've wanted to do that? Man…" The prince became speechless, astounded by his own power.

"Vegeta! Hey, Super Saiya-Jin Five! That is too awesome!" Goku just couldn't get over being happy for his fellow Saiya-Jin.

"Hey, wait a minute. If Freezer is dead, why can't I feel ki now?" Goten asked. Goku thought for a moment, then burst out laughing.

"Ve--it's--It's Vegeta's---ahahaahaha!!!!" Goku could hardly talk, he was laughing so loud. "Cool down, Vegeta, I'm feeling a little numb myself!"

Vegeta sank back to his normal form. "Well, that was exhilerating," he stated. Vegeta looked up just in time to see Rei barreling into him.

"ONIICHAN!!! YOU WERE THE BEST! YOU WERE SO AWESOME!!! WE WHOOPED HIS ASS GOOD!!!" She squealed. Vegeta could only smile. Seeing Rei reminded him of something else he had thought about before. As he was about to go to it, his idea presented itself without warning.

Lita bounced up to Vegeta, got on her knees, and looked up at him with admiration.

"Vegeta-san! Vegeta-san, train me pleasepleaseplease!!!! I promise I'll be tough and learn everything really fast and I'll be good and strong I promise!!!" the brown haired girl said in one breath. Vegeta laughed and looked at her.

"Sure, I was thinking the same thing myself. Rei, you've got yourself a sparring partner," the Prince said. Both Rei and Lita squealed with delight and hugged thier sensei. Veggie turned a little pink.

"Well, I guess you better go catch up with your classes, Vege-chan," Bulma said with a smile, and moved to Vegeta's side. He turned and kissed her, then turned to his two students.

"Well, Rei, I guess you better explain the rules to my new student," he said. Rei smiled and nodded.

"OK, Lita. Number One: No making fun of Vegetable's name during training, it's not respectful." Vegeta snorted and Rei and Lita laughed. "Number Two: If you want something and Veggie doesn't give it to you, just scream and yell about it and attempt to hurt him and maybe he'll give it to you. If he doesn't want to, he'll beat you up. Number Three: Veg only gives you a senzu when he thinks you need one. Number Four: Don't steal senzu: you'll only end up needing one worse than ever. Number Five: Always be tough, never give up, and try not to care if you get whooped too much. And Number Six: KEEP CONTROL. You may scream when nessesary. Don't get blinded with temporary rage at Asparagus Head when he pounds you into the ground, you'll only get pounded worse. Got it?"

"Hai!!! Sounds like a blast, let's go!" Lita immediately burst into green flames, shocking both Rei and Vegeta.

"Where--where did you learn how to do that?" Vegeta asked.

"Oh, I just sort of figured it out. I've been working really hard, I'm probably almost at Rei's level now," Lita said. Vegeta and Rei gawked for a moment, then collected themselves.

"Well then, let's go!" Rei exclaimed. All three took off into the air in flashes of blue, red and green. The other senshis went into the house to rest, as the remainder of the Sailor Senshis detransformed and the Saiya-Jins relaxed back into their original forms.

 

***

 

After many long hours of training, the two girls were spent. They didn't say that to Vegeta, of course, but he saw their signs of tiring and let them rest so that they could fight at their full potential when training resumed. The girls thanked their sensei and sat down, relieved at being able to rest. They reached for their drinks which they had run, or rather flew, back to the house to get. They were now relaxing underneath a tree. Vegeta was sitting at the base of a tree with his legs crossed, trying to feel out something.

"Hey Vegeta-san, what's up? Something coming to Earth again?" Lita asked. Rei also had an inquisitive look on her face.

"Well…it sort of feels that way…but it's different, it's not huge or evil…I can't tell if there's a ki or not…" Vegeta resumed thinking and became quiet.

At that moment, Rei and Lita looked up and saw a point of light twinkle in the sky. It was broad daylight; it couldn't be a star. "Vegeta-san, look up there, there's something in the sky. Is that what you're feeling?" Rei asked her sensei. Vegeta looked up and saw the flying object.

It was heading straight towards them.

In a matter of seconds it landed: some sort of craft with Capsule Corporation written across the side in huge red letters. Vegeta recognized the apparatus immediately.

"Oh Dende, why's he here again? I hope it's not another invasion or something," the Prince mumbled. Rei and Lita looke at him oddly. They turned to the craft, however, as the door came open and out stepped…

Trunks.

"Trunks-chan? What are you doing in that thing? And…Oh Kami, what happened to your hair? And your clothes? I thought you had better fashion sense…no offense, you know…" Rei babbled, confused. Vegeta slapped his forehead.

"Rei, that's not--"

"Tousan? Is that you?" Mirai Trunks came around the other side of his time machine.

"What do you mean, is it him, Trunks-chan? Don't you recognize your own father?" Lita asked.

"YOU TWO BE QUIET!" Vegeta roared, annoyed by the girls' obvious lack of logic and not realizing that this was not the same person. "So, what's up this time?" Vegeta asked his future son.

"Well, nothing's wrong back home, it's just that I felt this huge explosion of ki--"

"ALL THE WAY IN YOUR TIMELINE? IT WAS CROSS DIMENSIONAL!?????!!!" Vegeta yelled out of disbelief.

"Yeah, that's why I got so worried. I thought I could come and help out if you needed it. Kasaan still had this old thing, so I reasoned, why not use it again? You seem pretty peaceful now, though, what happened?" Mirai Trunks asked. "And who are these people?"

"What do you mean, whompmmpphh--!?" Lita clapped her hand over Rei's mouth. She, for one, did not want her sensei mad again.

"It's a long story, let's go back to the Capsule Corporation," Vegeta said. The two girls, father and future son took off.

 

***

 

"MIRAI TRUNKS!???!"

Goku couldn't believe his eyes. He thought he'd never see Vegeta's future son again. This time he came, however, his eyes didn't look as sad and serious as they did before. Goku smiled at him.

"So, Trunks, how are things doing over there?" Bulma asked.

"Well, reconstruction is going really slow, not very much of the earth's population has been restored, but we're working on it. As for Kasaan, everyone is so greatful to her now. She's working the whole city and trying to get everything back into order. Lots of buildings have gone back up, but everything's just moving too slow. And I think Kasaan is even more lonely now, despite all the life returning to earth," Mirai Trunks explained.

"Well, the reconstruction part sounds great, but I'm sorry about your mom. Maybe there's something we can do," Bulma said. Mirai Trunks shook his head.

"Not unless you come to the future with me," Trunks replied. Goku looked at him.

"Hey, that's a great idea!" The black-haired Saiya-Jin exclaimed. Vegeta smacked his forehead.

"Egads, here we go again."

 

*

 

I'm finished with this one too! Again, don't worry! The Lost Saiya-Jins, the longer sequel, is my next fic, and I'm going to be hard at work on it. Thanks so much for reading! I love you fans and please send me your questions, comments and scorn at sunnybunny86@yahoo.com. I'd love to hear from you. Arigatou, and ja ne untill next time, where Sailor Chikyuu reaches a new stage, a couple not-so-new Saiya-Jins are discovered, the senshis travel in time and meet an enemy who…eats your soul? Yikes! Don't miss it!

Go Back