Disclaimer: see chapter one

Author's Note: I won't chitchat for very long today 'cause I'm extremely busy with work, school, and everything else in life. Enjoy chapter six! It's the one of the ones we've been waiting for!!

The Forgotten Princess

Chapter Six: Lost Memories of Happiness

Jadeite and the rest of the gang simply stared in shock as Sailor Earth's real identity turned out to be their newest friend Addy. They mentally cursed themselves for not noticing how similar the two women looked and acted in both forms.

Suddenly, Sailor Moon got her wits back and realized that Addy was laying there on the ground unconscious and they weren't doing anything to help her, "Oh, my gosh! We need to get Addy or Sailor Earth or whatever somewhere to heal fast!" The rest of the group snapped out of their stupors and agreed with her.

"How about the Outers apartment? They're the closest and Hotaru can heal her when they get there," Sailor Mercury quickly offered to the relief of Jadeite who was holding Addy with a gentleness he hadn't felt in centuries. Hurriedly everyone detransformed and climbed into cars and headed for the Outer's home.

They arrived there in about five minutes flat and were let in immediately when Haruka saw the horrible state Addy was in. Jed lay the unconscious girl on the couch while little Hotaru calmly placed her hands over her. A brilliant violet glow spread throughout Addy's body and soon she started to stir from her unconscious state.

Addy felt herself emerge from a foggy atmosphere and felt the softness of a couch under her body. Oh, great! I fell asleep on the couch again. I'm in for a lecture from Apolla today for sure, she thought as she rubbed the blur from her green eyes. Suddenly noticing where she was and who was with her, Addy sat up sharply to the surprise of everyone around her.

"Addy! Slow down or you'll hurt yourself!" she heard Cassie's concerned voice echo through the room.

Lita quickly responded, "Yeah, Addy. You took quite a blow from that electric-crazed Nega-general," Addy grimaced as the memories of the fight came flowing back into her mind. Well, she was planning on telling everybody about her identity anyway so this was just another bump in the road.

"I'm fine, Lita! I promise I've taken worse than that and Hotaru has never failed to complete heal me. Right, little sovereign?" Addy winked at the little girl who giggled happily while hugging her around the waist.

"Hotaru, Haruka, Michiru? You knew that Addy was Sailor Earth all along?" Raye exclaimed accusingly at the trio.

Michiru laughed out loud, "Of course we did. Addy was our inside help in the fight against the Death Busters. She used her battle knowledge to help us fight them. She also helped care for Hotaru after she was turned into a baby though in secret."

"So, you trust her?"

"Why shouldn't we?"

"Because Cassie, Darien, and I have been having strange visions of her destroying things in the Silver Millennium. And she claims to be Serenity's sworn protector which can't be true."

Addy sighed as a glimpse of guilt was seen in her eyes, "Raye, I told you all that I would explain things to you when the time was right, remember? Well, I'd guess the time couldn't be any better than this so gather around and I will explain everything." Then there came a scratching at the apartment door and a pitiful meow sounding outside.

Haruka opened the door and a lovely black and white cat wandered inside the apartment before running to Addy and shrieking, "Princess! Oh, I was so worried about you when I felt your energy go down so drastically. Thankfully, Michiru thought enough about my old nerves to call me and inform me of where you were. Don't you ever make me so worried again, young lady! Do you understand me?"

"Je suis desolee, Apolla! I just didn't think about calling you at this precise moment. As you can plainly see, ma chat, I was just about to explain to my 'loving fans' the wonderful story of my life and why they don't remember me from the Silver Millennium," Addy laughed as Apolla curled in her lap and contentedly purred like an engine. The raven-haired girl shook her head at the guardian cat who could change moods faster than any human or animal she had ever seen. Then her elegant face suddenly reddened as she caught Darien staring at her.

"Well, I guess that's my signal to begin my story. Um...Apolla? How exactly should we go about doing this so that they'll know everything I say is true?" Addy asked the contented cat who looked appalled at her master.

"Princess Adelaide! You mean, to tell me that you were going to tell them your identity without any plan whatsoever? How many times do I have to tell you that things will be much easier if you would just plan things out instead of running into them head on?" Apolla's piercing hazel eyes glared at Addy who merely rolled her eyes in response.

Apolla lectured her princess for about five more minutes while the rest of the court simply watched on in surprise until Addy raised her hand in front of the old cat's face, "Okay, okay! I understand Apolla, you don't need to go boring everyone else with your stupid lectures on how I fight! Why don't you just answer my question from before anyway?"

"Perhaps I can help with that, Adelaide," a calm, mysterious voice sounded out from the other side of the room. In a blink of light, there stood Sailor Pluto, her husband Lord Hades, and Rini.

"About time, Setsuna," Addy smiled at her close friend as Rini wrapped her small arms around her, "And remember don't call me Adelaide right now. It just sounds so...formal for a plain nineteen year old girl, kay?"

Pluto shook her head at that explanation before continuing, "Fine. Now, scouts and guardians and knight protectors and whoever else is here, I'm going to use my powers over time and combine them with Cassie's powers over memory to help show you why Addy is not remembered by anybody. Cassie, please stand over here in front of me and hold out your right hand."

The former Athenian princess raised an eyebrow as she followed Pluto's instructions. Suddenly, a swirl of dark red, black, burgundy, and silver power surrounded Cassie and Pluto and then the power mass covered the rest of the group and plunged their minds into a spinning tunnel.

Serena opened her blue eyes after her mind stopped spinning and almost fell back at the scene in front of her. They, or at least their minds, were on the grounds of the Earth palace during the Silver Millennium. The sky was a brilliant cerulean blue that was accented by the golden sunshine and scattered puffy clouds. There was a slight breeze that blew the lush green leaves around the grass.

Pluto's voice then rang out from somewhere in the air, "Now, we are seeing the palace on Earth where Prince Endymion and his family lived. We are not really here, but I'm using Cassie's memories to propel all our mental selves into them. Before we begin to see some repressed memories, I would like to ask if any of you have noticed something familiar about Addy or Sailor Earth's looks?"

Silence fell amongst the group until Nate's confident voice spoke up, "Well, I've noticed that she looks amazingly similar to Darien except with green eyes instead of blue."

"Perfect," Pluto continued on, ignoring the gasps of surprise that would happen periodically, "The reason for this is that Darien and Addy are brother and sister in this world just as they were during the Silver Millennium. You see, King Endymion and Queen Andromeda had a daughter soon after Prince Endymion was born. She was named Princess Adelaide and is the past life of Adele or Addy of today."

"Now, Adelaide and Endymion fought like most siblings did, but had a strange connection between each other that made them especially close. They were always doing things together no matter what the occasion. This meant that Adelaide became extremely close to Endymion's Royal Guard. As a matter of fact, she became great friends with Zoisite soon after meeting her. Now, what we are about to see first is the meeting of Endymion's guard and Cassandra. I understand that you have seen this scene before, but you will notice a few key differences. Watch carefully."

Pluto's voice faded off as the scene zoomed in on two figures standing near a lake. They were easily recognized as younger versions of Prince Endymion and Lady Zoisite. Endymion stopped walking for a minute and snapped at Zoisite that she didn't have to follow so closely behind him.

"Oh, Endy! Give Zoisite a break, would ya? She's just doing her job which in case your pebble-sized brain doesn't remember is to protect you at all costs," a twelve year old girl in a black workout tunic and tights snapped at her older brother. Her long hair was pulled into it's classic French braid that hung down her back and her sharp green eyes glared into Endymion's blue ones.

Zoisite looked at the girl in surprise before remember her manners and bowing respectfully, "Good day to you, Princess Adelaide. I trust you are well?"

"Oh, don't bother with such formalities, Zoisite! Just call me Addy or you make me feel like I'm someone important like Princess of the Earth!" Adelaide announced with a flip of the hand. Her sarcastic comment caught Zoisite by surprise and caused her to giggle intensely. The lady guardian decided that she truly liked this princess who it seemed was genuinely a real caring person not to mention quite a clever girl.

"Oh, be quiet and mind your own business, Addy," Endymion mumbled towards his little sister as he stalked off and Zoisite hurried after him, glancing back at the young princess.

Then, younger versions of Jadeite, Nephrite, and Malachite hurried out of the bushes while carrying a dark bundle over their backs. Endymion stopped to talk with them and bent over to peer at the bundle.

Addy was watching when the bundle, which was a girl, sharply punched Jadeite in the face causing his nose to bleed. She wandered over so that she could watch how Endymion dealt with this predicament. That was when she got a good look at the girl on the ground. She had dark chocolate-colored hair and stormy gray eyes that glared intensely at Endymion. Thinking hard, Addy tried to decide why she felt that she had seen that face somewhere before. Then she remembered! It was in the portrait of the royal family of Athena that was in the Great Hall. This was Princess Cassandra.

"Uh, Endy. I think there's something you should know about that girl," Addy tried to warn her older brother before he shushed with a wave of the hand. Then, the scene began to fade out as Pluto's voice sounded out, "You know what happens next in this scene so it's time to move on to the next one."

About a minute later, another scene unfolded in front of the court's eyes. This time they were watching a ball on the Moon which was celebrating the engagement of Princess Serenity and Prince Endymion. Everyone stared in amazement as they watched their past selves dance around the room while a beaming Endymion and Serenity were looking lovingly into each other's eyes.

Then, Amy noticed something strange about this scene. She was surprised to see a young adult version of Princess Adelaide dancing around the room in a silvery lavender dress with her long hair hanging down in loose waves. But, the most surprising thing was that Adelaide was dancing with the Silver Millennium version of Jadeite. His blond hair fell into his sapphire eyes as he smiled at Adelaide.

The dance lasted about five minutes and everyone, especially Jed, were watching Adelaide and Jadeite gracefully move together around the room. When the music stopped, Queen Serenity stood up from her glittering throne as her long white gown flowed around her. She smiled happily as she glanced at the royal couples on the ballroom floor.

"I would like to thank all of you for coming to this ball celebrating my daughter's engagement to Prince Endymion of Earth. Now, as is tradition at engagement celebrations, I would like to invite all the engaged couples to come out on the floor in front of me," Queen Serenity's voice sounded through the marble room as about fifteen young couples in a variety of colored outfits assembled in front of the throne, "Very good, now is the time that we acknowledge each engagement one at a time with a single kiss amongst them."

The queen signaled to a servant behind her who began to read out the names of the engaged, "Princess Miriami d'Maia and MacGregor of the clan MacGregor. Princess Aramina d'Aproda and Christaphin d'Athenae. Lady Zoisite and Lord Malachite. Lady Melinda and Lord Nephrite. Princess Adelaide d'Earthe and Lord Jadeite. Prince Endymion d'Earthe and Princess Serenity. Princess Reika saPiros and Thaddeus Setus-Ra. Princess Cassandra d'Athenae and Antony Marcones. Princess Carlita d'Oakse and Tomacite Willietson." The red-clad person continued to read off the names of couples and as each name was called that couple kissed each other to great applause.

Once again the scene faded out as Pluto's voice rang out, "I'm sure most of you remember this ceremony, but of course there was that little detail about Adelaide and Jadeite. And to answer your questions, yes Adelaide and Jadeite were engaged during the Silver Millennium and that is why they are so connected in this time."

Addy already knew this information, but was surprised as she felt Jed's strong hand squeeze hers in a comforting way like he used to when they were together. How deeply she had missed him with that jokester face he showed everyone else and that peaceful gentle lover that only she ever knew existed. She desperately hoped that maybe in this time and place Jed and her could have another chance at their love. But, in the back of her mind, she wondered if he would feel the same about her once he found out what she had done to cause them to forget her.

Preview of Chapter Seven: Battle of Guilt

Sailor Pluto continues the story of Sailor Earth's existence. Now, it's time to learn why everyone forgot about Adelaide when it seemed she was so important in their lives.

Go Back