Disclaimer: see chapter one

Author's Note: This chapter contains some dream sequences and they will be indicated with italic type. I am guessing that Jadeite's present name is Jed, but if it's not, Shawn, will you tell me what you are going to make it so that I can change this? Also, I am using the Japanese names for the Outer Scouts, kay? Thanks and enjoy the third chapter. This is where things get really interesting.

The Forgotten Princess

Chapter Three: Discussions and Plans

Darien strolled into his spacious apartment after the last monster battle. His mind was occupied with that new sailor scout, Sailor Earth, who had introduced herself as Serenity's sworn protector. Athena seemed suspicious of her, but Darien couldn't help feeling something familiar about that girl. There was something in the back of his mind that he couldn't quite get out.

He decided to sleep on it and maybe whatever it was would come to him in the morning. He quickly dressed in a pair of boxers and a white muscle shirt before slipping into his bed and falling asleep almost instantly.

He looked to onto the gardens of the palace he used to call home during the Silver Millennium. He felt the light breeze blow through his black hair like it did the grass he stood on. The sky was a bright turquoise blue and filled with white puffy clouds. The sun shone brightly onto the gleaming palace behind him.

"Endy! Wait for me!" he heard a little girl's voice coming up behind him.

He turned slightly and saw a young child of about seven running up beside him, "You should learn to run faster, Add. How are you ever going to be a good sailor scout if you can't even keep up with me?"

She stopped next to him and stuck out her tongue, "You know that I can't run very fast in this stupid dress." The girl indicated the violet ankle-length dress that she was instructed to wear by her parent's grand council. She frustratedly yanked the full skirt from a weed at her feet.

Eight-year-old Endymion just laughed at the girl's predicament while she stalked off towards the palace with her long black hair streaming behind her, "I'm getting out of this darn outfit." Endymion stared after the girl, still chuckling. The last thing he was the girl's dark green eyes that were glaring at him before the gardens started to fade away.

Suddenly, he was inside a fancy ballroom with the ancient yet elegant look of the Athenian ballroom. He was dressed in a black tuxedo and cape while dancing with his beloved Serenity.

As he glided across the marble floor, twenty two-year-old Endymion caught glances of his other friends from the Silver Millennium. He spotted his cousin, Cassie, dancing with her blond fiancee, Antony. He also saw Ami and Mac, Mina and Chris, Rei and Thad, and Lita and Tom. He also spotted Michiru of Neptune happily in the arms of Haruka of Uranus while Hotaru of Saturn spun around them. Even Setsuna and Charleston had made it to the masked ball celebrating the two hundredth reign of the royal family of Athena.

He had also seen his own personal guard. Malachite and Zoisite seemed perfectly content as they spun gracefully around the spacious room. Nephrite and Melinda, Serenity's major domo, had also made an appearance.

Then he saw Jadeite spinning across the floor with a beaming smile on his handsome face. He peered forward to try and get a look at the woman he was dancing with for he remember from Cass's visions that Jadeite never wanted to get set up with anyone. Yet here he was dancing as if he were in paradise.

Endymion gasped in surprise as he saw the partner Jadeite had chosen. She was of average height with a soft, womanly body which Jadeite hugged lovingly. The mysterious woman also had thigh-length ebony hair that hung in loose curls down her back. As the couple turned, he caught a glimpse of her face. It was an elegant face with it's high cheekbones, oval-shaped face, and smooth skin. He couldn't see much else behind that black mask she wore, but he did spot the same large emerald-like eyes he had seen on the little girl shimmering with joy before the scene began to fade like before.

He grimaced internally as the next scene unfolded before him. He was on the moon and Queen Beryl's armies were swarming around the palace. He felt Serenity's grasp tighten around him as they watched his former guard leading the charge. He wasted no time and duck into the closest covered passage so that he could get his love to safety.

He heard the pain-filled screams coming from the battlefield below. Serenity had begun to cry as she heard the hollers of agony that belonged to her best friends. He turned away from watching and the couple hurried once again down the corridors.

Suddenly, he heard an evil laugh behind him. He swiveled around and peered towards the sound of the laugh. When they got a good look at that person, Endy felt his fiancee fall to her knees, sobbing uncontrollably. Standing there on ledge overlooking the Moon Palace was Queen Beryl, her long red hair blowing about her body. But, that wasn't what caused Serenity to collapse. It was the person standing next to that traitor Beryl.

He saw the familiar black French braid blowing in the powerful wind along with the purple skirt and green collars. It was Sailor Earth and she was chatting with Beryl like they were old time buddies. He then saw her point that huge staff in her hand at an approaching craft. His heart sank as he recognized it as Sailor Uranus's trusty ship. Before he could even breathe, he saw a huge purple blast shoot from Sailor Earth's staff and blow up the Outer Scouts transport. The scene then finally began to fade, but not before Endymion got a good final look at Sailor Earth's penetrating green eyes flashing menacingly.

Darien awoke from that series of dreams with a start. He was drenched in sweat while clutching the ends of his comforter. He sat up in bed and peered at his bedside clock. It read 10: 30. He remembered that Luna had said that they would have a meeting that morning at about eleven o'clock.

The black-haired boy hurriedly got out of bed and had showered and gotten dressed by quarter till eleven. He then rushed out the door of his apartment and towards his red car.

While driving towards the temple, Darien thought about those startling dreams. They seemed so realistic and familiar like they were long-forgotten memories. He shivered as he remembered how carelessly Sailor Earth had just blown up the Outer Scouts's ship. He also remembered those green eyes and the way they flashed toward him. He also couldn't shake off the feeling that he had seen those eyes on someone else besides Sailor Earth.

In about ten minutes, he had arrived at the temple and parked alongside Haruka, Michiru, and Hotaru who had also just arrived. Hotaru bound towards Darien with a happy smile on her young face as she grabbed him around the middle in a bear hug. Haruka and Michiru watched on as they headed up the steps towards the temple.

The meeting started about on time and the group of about 25 people and 3 cats began by diving into the boxes of doughnuts that lay on the table. After about five minutes of pigging out, the real business began.

Luna began the meeting, "Well, it seems that we have quite a few things to discuss today. First and foremost, during the monster fight yesterday, we met a new sailor scout." The people who hadn't been to the fight looked on surprised at Luna's statement as she continued, "This girl claims she is Sailor Earth, soldier of life and disaster, and also the sworn protector of Princess Serenity."

"But, aren't the Inner Guard supposed to be the protectors of Serenity?" Michiru asked calmly.

"Well, they are, but the Inner Guard's main mission, like the Outer Guard, is to protect the solar system from enemies," Artemis answered Michiru's question as he scratched behind his left ear.

Mike then asked, "So, is it possible that this girl could be Serenity's main protector?"

"If you put it that way, yes, she could be who she says she is, but I have my doubts," Perseus stared into Mike's eyes.

"As do I," Cassie replied as she pulled a notepad out of her backpack, "I have no memory whatsoever of this Sailor Earth. She has never come up in any of my flashes. And Athena power, as I've told you all, can't show embellishments of the past. And my resources have nothing about her either."

Molly asked fearfully, "So, could this Sailor Earth person be a new enemy who is just trying to get close enough to Serena?"

"I wouldn't doubt that in the least," Darien answered to the surprise of the entire group, cats included.

"What do you mean by that Dare? And are you feeling all right? You seem kinda tired," Andrew peered closely at his best friend.

Darien ran a hand through his hair, "I'm sure I look tired because I am. As a matter of fact, the reason I'm so tired is the same reason that I doubt Sailor Earth's loyalty to Serena." Darien continued on by explained his series of dreams last night.

After he was finished, Cassie looked at the ceiling thoughtfully as Haruka fumed, "You mean, that Sailor Earth was the one who destroyed my ship and killed Michiru, Hotaru, and me?"

"Well, she did in my dream, but I'm not sure about in reality," Darien answered truthfully.

Perseus switched his gaze to Jed who was laying back lazily, "Jed, Darien said that in one of the dream sequences you were dancing with that girl who we're guessing is Sailor Earth. Does this story ring any bells in your mind?"

"I'm sorry to say that it doesn't bring any memories to mind, but," he paused and thought for a moment, "for some bizarre reason, it didn't come as a surprise to me when Darien explained it. Maybe it really did happen."

"Sailor Earth said that Pluto and Queen Serenity had arranged it so that no one would remember her for specific reasons. Is it possible that they really did change all our memories, even Cassie's, to prevent something?" Nate asked around curiously.

Perseus sighed, "Well, the only sure way to prove that now is to contact Pluto, but what are the odds of her agreeing to helping us?" The others nodded their heads as Pluto's strange ways of not helping them filled their memories. Pluto was always extremely careful not to get messed up in their struggles.

Serena turned to her boyfriend suddenly, "Dare, honey, didn't you say that the first dream was of you playing with a little girl? Is it possible that she's related to you because Sailor Earth does resemble you quite a bit?"

"Cassie, is there anything even a slight mention of a girl in Endymion's family besides you?" Amy asked as she punched numbers into her Mercury computer.

"Well, as a matter of fact, there was a sentence I remember from something about the Earth royalty. It said and I quote, 'King Endymion and Queen Andromeda were blessed with a son whom they named Endymion following tradition and then a year later tragedy struck when another child was stillborn. It is unknown whether the child was male or female.' But, that is just a rumor the book said."

"Okay, we're getting nowhere with all this Sailor Earth stuff. I suggest that we try to get our answers from her whenever we can," Luna instructed as the others agreed, "The second part of the business is the new monster. Now, even though we defeated it, it was a lot more powerful than the others we've faced recently. The only way we were able to defeat was because of Sailor Earth draining it's energy with those creepy-looking vines and then using what I'm guessing is telekinesis to stick it's sword in it's body. We'll have to be on our guard because I feel that we might have a new threat." With that the meeting was dismissed and the Silver Millennium survivors went on their separate ways.

*********

Cassie and Zoe, after the meeting, headed over to Addy's apartment to hang out with the new girl. They spent the fifteen-minute walk over there, chatting about the new scout and possible new enemy. What they didn't notice was the shadowy figure in a sailor uniform was creeping along the rooftops behind them.

"Ding dong!" the doorbell chimed at the white door to Addy's apartment. They heard some rustling around inside followed by soft footsteps approaching the door. Cassie and Zoe put on their best faces as the door swung open to reveal Addy looking as beautiful as she did yesterday.

"Hey, girls! Come on in and make yourselves at home while I get my cookies out of the oven," Addy led the two girls to a spacious living decorated in pastel colors. Then she hurried off to the kitchen while wrapping an apron around her waist.

Cassie looked in awe at the room decorations. It was quite large with two couches that surrounded a big-screen television. Cassie also saw a huge golden harp that touched the lightly colored ceiling, it's strings shimmering in the sunlight that was pouring from the balcony window. At this time, Addy wandered into the room and placed on the glass table a large plate of chocolate chip cookies.

"Addy? Do you play the harp?" Zoe asked while gesturing towards the instrument.

Preview of Chapter Four: Auntie Adelaide?

Zoe and Cassie explore Addy's apartment. A week passes pretty peacefully until another monster attacks. During this fight, someone unexpected pops in and shakes things up with one simple statement.

Chapter 4 | Go Back