Chapter Five

 

Vegeta couldn't keep his jaw closed as he looked upon his transformed wife. The Sailor Senshis and everyone else there with the exception of the "thing" were equally breathless. Eternal Sailor Moon was probably the most shocked of anyone, for now she wasn't the only Eternal scout, and felt she had lost her place in the circle of inner senshis.

Eternal Sailor Chikyuu stood by her husband, the two Starlight Scouts even more eager to defend the couple. The thing now had its sights set on the two main powers, but then seemed to reconsider.

"Hmm…I think I'll see exactly how powerful you are by taking one of the most powerful, but not THE most powerful, which would be that gentleman in the middle there," it said, turning its gaze towards SSJ5 Vegeta. The Saiya-Jin prince growled. "Now, let's see. Who first? Hmm…well well, how about you?" The black entity turned to SSJ4 Goku, who immediately stepped in front of SSJ Chichi. "Yes, you'll do. Oh, and this goes for all of you, if you want to have a little company while you're suffering, just grab on to someone else and they'll come right along with you. If you want to go with them, grab them for yourself. Now, let's begin." It grinned with fiendish pleasure.

The thing formed a small black orb, which floated before it, faintly glowing blue. As it released the attack, the orb turned into a speeding trail of black which began in a sharp tip. The tip of the black energy was headed straight for Goku's chest.

The Saiya-Jin shoved Chichi even farther behind him, then quickly put up a ki shield. The black sped straight through the shield and shot completely through Goku's body. Nothing exploded. The ki shield faded, and Goku dropped to his knees. The warrior's eyes became unfocused and transfixed straight ahead of him. Chichi screamed and ran to her husband, dropping down next to him, grabbing his arm.

There was no blood; the only sign that Goku had been pierced was a black hole of nothing where the stream of energy had hit. The shadow monster cackled as Chichi and Goku glowed blue and dissapeared. Many gasps and cries could be heard among the senshis as the couple reappeared, but this time directly underneath the black entity. Both Chichi and Goku were inside a block of ice, hollow in the middle but quite solid and thick outside. Goku leaned back numbly against the frozen surface as Chichi sobbed and fussed over him, examining the horrid-looking hole of nothing in her husband's chest.

Vegeta has horrified, to say the least, as he already knew that even he couldn't ward off the creature any better than Goku had. Inwardly wincing as the thing turned its gaze from end to end of the row of senshis, its line of vision finally rested upon Bra. Vegeta nearly vented his rage on a nearby building, but then remembered that the city was already trying to rebuild. The prince managed to contain himself.

"What a cute little girl you are. Would you like to be next?" the thing asked in an evilly gentle and sarcastic voice. Super Sailor Chibi Moon leaped at Chibi Chikyuu, screwed her eyes shut, and clung to her friend's arm, trying hard not to cry. The little Earth princess clung equally hard to the small princess of the White Moon Kingdom.

Now both Eternal Sailor Moon and Vegeta were tugging on their reins of saneness, struggling to keep themselves from dashing in front of their daughters (well…or future daughter) and sacrificing themselves instead. They knew, however, that this would be a waste of time, because it would only give the parasite more energy and make it stronger, since both of them were pretty darn strong.

The same trail of black shot through Bra's heart, making her cry out and fall down, Rini sobbing on top of her, hugging her friend's body to her own. The two dissapeared, then came into vision once again, in a block of blue ice right next to Goku and Chichi's.

Eternal Sailor Moon screamed out and started to run towards the ice, but Mercury grabbed her arm and stopped her. There were tears in the ice-princess's eyes.

"There's nothing you can do, Serena-chan, I'm so sorry…" Mercury let go of Sailor Moon and clung to SSJ2 Gohan, who held her to his chest protectively.

"I…I…ah--" Sailor Moon felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around.

"Sailor Moon, you have to be strong. You're our leader, nothing can change that. We have to do everything we can, right?" The Moon princess stared straight into the tear-filled eyes of Eternal Sailor Chikyuu, who was smiling warmly at her.

"Bu--but…you're s-so p-powerful, aren't you the leader?" Sailor Moon asked.

"No. You were born to rule Crystal Tokyo. I may end up being the queen of the earth, but you'll always be the queen of the stunning White Moon Kingdom. Believe in yourself, and don't compare yourself to me. I protect you, remember? I am an inner senshi, aren't I?"

Sailor Moon flung herself into Sailor Chikyuu's arms, crying against her chest. "Are we all going to die?" she choked out between sobs.

A single tear rolled down the Chikyuu princess's face. She turned to where her husband and the Starlight Sailors were standing, a little ways away. Vegeta was looking at her with an unreadable expression. Sailor Moon noticed this.

"Go back over there, I don't think he wants you this far away from him right now," she said. Sailor Chikyuu turned back to the Moon Princess.

"You're right, that big baby. If you get scared or anything, you can come over by us. Believe me, I think I'm more scared than anyone right now." Sailor Chikyuu laughed a sad laugh. "Guess that's why I'm over by Vegeta."

"I'll remember that, I'll be strong. I'll stay with the other scouts for now, alright?" Sailor Moon said. The Chikyuu princess nodded and walked back over to Vegeta, who grabbed her, stuck her halfway behind him, and whispered something in her ear with an angry yet concerned face. His wife nodded.

"Is the sentimental moment over?" the thing asked. "I don't have all day. Who's next? Hmmm…oh boy, how about you over there?" It set its gaze on SSJ2 Gohan. Mercury let a teardrop slide down her cheek. Gohan shoved her behind him.

The black orb formed again, shooting down towards Gohan's heart, but his pain was to be spared. Mercury shot out from behind him at the last possible second, crying out as the energy tore through her soul. She fell back into Gohan's arms. The Saiya-Jin was nearing tears as he looked up at the thing with intense hate and fury. He and his love glowed blue and reappeared inside yet another icy encagement, which rested next to the sobbing Chibi Moon and the pale Chibi Chikyuu, who was resting in Chibi Moon's arms.

Gohan cradled Mercury gently and tried to keep her off the ice. It was so cold it burned Gohan's skin. He looked up at Goten, who was terrified now that his whole family was gone.

*Be strong, Goten.*

"Oniisan?! Nani?!" Goten jumped around, looking for his brother, then realized that he was still encased in ice.

*Telepathy. Use it.*

*Oh, I see…Oniisan, please don't die…*

*We'll find a way out of this, Goten-kun, you just wait…* Gohan then looked down at Mercury and became silent. Goten grabbed onto Venus. She squeezed right back.

"So, are you two lovebirds next? I think so," the apparition hissed. Goten held his love closer and squeezed his eyes tight, waiting for the black to swift through him. It did, forcing a cry from his throat as he felt an empty place in not just his body, but his mind, putting him in dilerious physical and mental agony. Venus shrieked and fell down by his side, sobbing loudly on his shoulder. She turned to the entity with a furious glare, face sparkling with tears.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY GO-CHAN?!" Venus screamed. The black monster grinned at the whole of the remaining group.

"Well, all I've really done is used this specialized energy wave that pierces you right in the most sensitive and painful spot, obviously your heart. My power then does some quick work, trapping your soul and feeding on it, eating your power away slowly and painfully. If you yourself do not get pierced by my wave, if you are trapped with them, after they are eaten clean and the energy is transferred to me, you'll be next, the wave automatically entering the nearest living being."

Vegeta could hardly believe his ears, but he knew it was true. This was the specific energy parasite that all his trainers and teachers had warned him about on Vejiitasei. Soul-eater, is was generally called. It was the only energy parasite of its kind in the known universe, and they had had the bad luck of running into it on Chikyuu.

"Demon. Kusottare," the prince from the past hissed at the parasite. It laughed, a very disturbing sound, and disregarded the short Saiya-Jin, turning its attention towards Juuhachigou and Krillin.

"You, the blonde. Why don't you have a power source?" it asked Juuhachi. The cyborg said nothing in reply. "Well, in that case, I'll just take the little runt and you can come along with him for the ride."

"DON'T YOU TOUCH HIM, BAKAYAROU! ENERGY WAAVE!!!" White light flowed from Juuhachi's hands, forming her signature attack. However, instead of damaging the apparition or even making contact with it, the energy seemed to enter its darkness, being absorbed by the black entity.

"Thanks for the boost," it said to a stunned Juu, "but where did your attack come from? You have no spirit power reading."

"She's a cyborg, an artificial human," Vegeta said. Understanding dawned upon whatever expression you could say the black being had.

"I see, a machine with blood and muscle and a conscience, ne? You were very well made, I give immense credit to whoever created you. That kind of technological advancement on a lowlife dirtball like this is amazing, surpassing even the most high-tech planets I've been to. On the other hand, who would have expected to see Saiya-Jins and Namek-jins on a one-species planet such as this? I could have sworn the Saiya-Jins were extinct," it stated. The being turned to Vegeta.

"Hmm…wait a minute. Did you say you were a prince? Nooo…couldn't be, could it? Really, is it Vegeta no Ouji? Goodness, this really is something. Such power for a Saiya-Jin, unlike anything I've EVER seen in my entire existence, and that has been for a VERY long time, believe me. You should be honored." Vegeta only scowled at the unearthly visitor. It turned back to Krillin and Juu.

"Oh yes, you two. Like I said, I'll have to use the runt for a spirit, since you don't have one, Jinzouningen." Black energy flared, spearing down towards Krillin. He took it bravely, not crying out, not falling down. Juuhachi sobbed silently as the two reappeared in an encasement. Since physical cold had no effect on her, Juuhachigou kept her husband off the ice, stroking his spiky hair to calm herself down.

The only ones left free were the Mirai senshis, Eternal Sailor Chikyuu and Moon, Trunks, and the Starlight scouts. Trunks was the next on the list.

"You…I see you are a Saiya-Jin as well. What unusual colored hair you have, I've never seen a purple-haired Saiya-Jin before. Well, I'll make it quick, I'm getting impatient." Another black swift of energy sped towards the young prince, but was intercepted.

Starlight Sailor Mars made a small noise and fell to her side on the ground. Trunks ran to her side and picked her up, both of them materializing inside yet another icy prison. Vegeta's mind was racing with both malicious and helpless thoughts, running through ways to both destroy the creature and free the senshis. Suddenly, something he had been taught practically slapped him in the face, and Vegeta realized that he was not going to last much longer. He turned to Sailor Chikyuu and Sailor Moon.

"Listen up, you two." Sailor Moon jumped at the prince's voice. He had never spoken to her directly before. There was something about his voice that made a person not want to disobey his orders or suggestions. "There is something extremely important you need to know. I have already figured out that I'm going to go before both of you. If you two are to defeat this thing, there is one mistake you must not make."

"Wha-what do you mean, you're going before us?" Chikyuu asked him. The prince turned his gaze to Jupiter.

"She's all alone, I have to go with her. She's next," he told the two female senshis standing before him. Tears came to both pairs of eyes.

"I know, I know…" Chikyuu said quietly.

"Anyway, if you eliminate it before you free the others, they will die along with it. Don't forget, no matter how mad you become, DO NOT destroy it first, do you hear?" Vegeta commanded. The Sailors nodded. "Alright, then. Ja na, Bulma-chan, you too, Moon girl. Whoop his ass for me, hai?"

"Ha--hai, Vege-chan, watashi wa shinanai, miina wa shinanai. Shinpai janai. We can do it," the Chikyuu princess told her husband. He kissed her lightly on the cheek when he was sure no one else was looking except Sailor Moon, who he knew understood, and then walked over to his student Jupiter. She immediately stepped in front of him and yelled something at her sensei. Vegeta snorted back, and shoved Jupiter out of the way.

"Oh, so Ouji wants to be next, along with his little friend? That can be arranged. All the better for me, ne?" the thing asked rhetorically. Vegeta and Jupiter snarled, mentally challenging eachother for the position of taking the blast.

A particularly huge sphere of black nothingness appeared between the apparition's huge claws, growing to about the size of a melon. The others had been the size of a tennis ball. The thing cackled as he sent the huge bolt lancing down towards the targeted couple. Vegeta easily shoved Jupiter behind him and held her there. She tried to break free, but found that she couldn't, held fast by her sensei's iron grip.

As the black tore through Vegeta, however, it kept right on going until it ripped through Jupiter as well, who made a strangled noise, fingers trembling, eyes wide. Vegeta made no sound at all, but his eyes were unfocused, staring ahead at nothing. After a moment, both he and Jupiter went limp and collapsed onto the ground directly in front of Sailor Moon and Sailor Chikyuu, Jupiter landing right on top of her sensei, arms draped limply over his sides.

"JUPITER-CHAN! VEGETA-SAN!!" Sailor Moon cried.

"VEGE-CHAAN!!!!! NO!!" Sailor Chikyuu shook like a scared rabbit, staring down at her fallen husband and the last other member of her family.

The prince of Vejiitasei and the princess of Jupiter glowed and reappeared right in the empty space in the middle of all the ice blocks; they, too, trapped in a frigid cage. Vegeta and Jupiter were still mentally unfocused and were not moving. Jupiter was still slumped over the prince, head resting on his golden crown of hair.

"That should take care of them. Oh, what a flow of energy from the prince! I never would have dreamed a soul like this existed. Oh, he's so reluctant, he's pulling away, but he's too weak to keep that up for much longer, ke ke ke!" the thing laughed in its disturbing way.

Sailor Chikyuu trembled, brilliant eyes of a Super Saiya-Jin filling with tears. She fell to her knees as she looked upon the row of her friends and family. Some glanced sadly back at her, others lay limp in their lover's arms. To Chikyuu and Moon's surprise, Goku was still awake and was watching the whole thing with sad, knowing eyes. He had seen Vegeta taken out, and that had disturbed him a great amount more that any of the others' possessions had.

The princess of Earth let out a weak sob, tears streaming down the sides of her face, leaving salty trails over her cheeks. Eternal Sailor Moon bent down beside her, tears also shining in her bright blue eyes. She put her hand on her older companion's shoulder.

"Sailor Chikyuu, we need to be strong. We need to stop this monster. It's our turn now, the power of Earth and the White Moon can never be defeated. We have the power, I know it, I've experienced it before. If I can just reach this one level again…I--I've turned into the Queen before, Neo-Queen Serenity. I can do it again if I really try. The crystal is strong now, stronger than ever before. I know you must have a level just like it, I know we can do this!" The princess of the Moon crouched in front of Chikyuu, putting both hands on her companion's shoulders.

"You're right, Princess Serena. Let's free them, now. Arigatou, I mean it. Thank you so much." Chikyuu stood up with Sailor Moon, both of them facing the black apparition. "Let's do it."

Both High Princesses raised their hands to the Heavens, white light fairly exploding from their bodies, crystals shining. The light blinded nearly all view of the two Sailors, but in the dark shapes of their bodies in the bright light, the Mirai senshis could see hair growing longer, much longer for Sailor Moon, and down to Chikyuu's waist. Fukus became flowing dresses, hair whipped wildly in the backwash of energy. The light finally dimmed, revealing two stunning goddess-like forms, one with large feathery wings, the other with smaller pink wings.

Neo-Queen Serenity wore a long white gown which draped across the ground, with golden circles across her chest, pearls lining the circles and the dress's high waistline. Pink streamers flowed from the back of the dress. A golden crown upon which rested a heart was nestled in Neo-Queen Serenity's hair. A golden moon shined on her forehead. The tips of her flowing ponytails touched the ground. She turned to her companion.

Neo-Queen Starlight wore an equally long green silk dress, her chest and high waistline also lined with pearls, although without the yellow circles. Her hair was shining golden, flowing down past her waist. A turquoise teardrop-shaped gem rested on her forehead. Triple moon earrings glittered from beneath her hair. Many golden loop bracelets were worn on her arms. Huge white, feathery wings still graced her figure.

Mirai Vegeta was breathless. This other timeline was full of such power, he couldn't believe it. These two…goddesses…were so much more powerful than either he or Kakkarott…and his other self was beyond words. The Mirai prince never could have dreamed.

The two Neo-Queens turned to the apparition. Serenity stepped forward.

"It's moon revenge now."

 

Chapter Six | Go Back