Chapter Two

 

The senshis from the past had settled into their assigned rooms. Mirai Chichi had gone home after hugging a friendly and understanding Son Goku. Chichi was glad her husband had made her future counterpart so happy. Rei and Lita were still off training with Vegeta, and every five minutes or so colorful ki fireworks filled the air, signifying yet another spar. Goku glanced out the window as green and gold explosions flew across the sky.

"Man, those guys can do that all night, can't they?" Goku thought out loud.

"Hai, but don't ask me how," Gohan replied, Ami still in his strong arms.

"Well, I'm tired, I guess I'll be going to bed," Krillin announced, and took off towards his bedroom. Juuhachi bid everyone farewell and followed her short husband to bed.

"I'll be going, too," Mirai Trunks said, and walked off in a different direction. Mirai Bulma watched him go.

"He feels so strange around most of you, but surprisingly, not you, Bulma. I thought be would be the most strained around you because he's used to seeing me. He's fine with Son-kun because he's never seen the one from this world, and for lack of a better word, almost unabashed around Vegeta. Goten he's not so comfortable with, probably because he knows your Trunks better, but he's wild about Gohan," Mirai Bulma said to her past counterpart. Bulma nodded.

"Don't worry about it, he's just a little shy of us. He'll get over it." Bulma was interrupted as three figures literally crashed in the door.

"Oniisan, why did you do that? I thought we weren't aloud to use natural resources to defeat our opponent. You said we wouldn't learn if we did that," Rei growled affectionately at her sensei. He smirked.

"Hmph. You should have been faster. That stream was just convenient, that's all. Go get dressed in something else, you look horrid." Indeed, Rei was soaking wet almost from head to toe.

"I wanna change too, but don't go anywhere, Niisan, we still have to bug you some more!" Lita giggled and followed Rei to their room. Vegeta laughed quietly and went to his room, also, changing out of his fighting gear and into a white button-up shirt and the traditional black pants. Not soon after he had left his room, the two girls came barreling out as well, dressed in wide leg jeans and zip-up wooly sweaters of their respective colors. They grinned at their sensei and shoved him into the kitchen. Ami and Gohan went into the living room, which was attached to the kitchen, and the two Bulmas simply stood and observed, along with Goku. Chichi also went into the living room along with Goten, Mina and Trunks. Since there were no walls or doors between the kitchen, the hall and the living room, almost everyone could see what was going on in the kitchen. Those who couldn't definitely heard.

"Hey Niisan, want some hot chocolate? Ya can't lie, I know you love chocolate."

"Hmph."

"I'll take that as a yes. Hey Rei-chan, pass me the cocoa."

"Comin' right up, sis! I want some, too!"

"'Course, I'm making three cups. Hey Niisan, lookin' cute in that shirt. Kawaii, ne?"

"Yeah, it is, sis. Hey Niisan, can I take a picture?"

"No."

"Aww, come on! We won't bug ya anymore!"

"You expect me to believe that rubbish? You'll still bug the daylights out of me no matter what I do about it."

"Sheesh, Lita, he's too smart."

"Yeah, Niisan's no fun. Well, except when we steal his socks, that always gets a reaction out of him."

"Yeah, ya know how much fun that is? I do it all the time, once I stole the whole drawer and ran around the house with it just so he wouldn't get lazy and go back for another pair."

"No kidding? Hehehe! Good idea, I'll steal his suitcase tomorrow. Wanna help?"

"Sure, sis. Sounds great. Hey, the chocolate's done."

"If you two twerps steal my stuff, you better go running to Karin and be sure to climb all the way up! Oh, and next time, both of you get half-drowned."

"Ooooh, sounds scary. Guess we can't steal his stuff after all, huh, Rei-chan?"

"Aww, nonsense! If you drown me, I'll kick your butt, Niisan!"

"I'd love to see the day when you two are the ones doing the butt-kicking. Heh heh."

"Just you wait, I'll kick your butt to Kaiou's and back! I'm butt-kickin' Jupiter, and I'm especially good at kicking royal Saiya-Jin butts like yours, oh Ouji-Sama."

"Yeah, and I'll tie your tail to a tree and make you beg to get down. Then we'll see who gets to steal who's socks around here."

"What a wonderful sense of imagination you two have. Gimme my drink, Butt-Kickin' Jupiter."

"Hey, you gotta say please, Niisan. Otherwise I'm giving it to Goku-san, and he'll drink it so fast you won't know what happened to it!"

"If you give that to Kakkarott, I'm taking you twerps training at four in the morning tomorrow and you won't come back until ten in the evening."

"Yeah, and while we're there we'll kick your butt so bad you won't be able to sit down for a year and a half, no matter how soft the cushion is, right, Lita-chan?"

"Right, sis, plus we'll climb all over you nonstop no matter how many people are there to see us and we'll call you all the nicknames we know, and I assure you there's plenty, plus 90% of them will end in -chan!"

"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT! DAMARE!!! PLEASE give me my drink now!"

"That's a good Veggie-chan. Here's your drink, cutie! Oh, and I hope you don't mind if we lay on you in the living room, you're just so nice a cozy and everything!"

"Hmph. Like I can stop you."

"YOSH'! Arigatou, Niisan!"

"Yeah yeah." Vegeta couldn't hold back a smile as he walked into the living room with his two bouncing sister figures.

Trunks and Goten were sprawled in front of the television, Gohan and Ami were watching from a small couch, the two Bulmas sat down on another couch, and the sensei/student trio took their places on the largest couch, the two girls laying against Vegeta's either side, drinking their hot chocolate. Vegeta sat tolerantly in the middle, drinking his as well.

"Wow, Lita, this is some hot chocolate! The best, actually. Where'd you learn how to make this?" Rei asked, sipping hers and marveling at the taste.

"Well, living alone all those years sort of taught me all the best ways to spoil myself. Cooking well was one of them. Plus, I can spoil my friends, too. Ya like it, Niisan?" Lita turned to her sensei and smiled hopefully.

"Mm-hm," Vegeta said as he took another sip. "Now I would have really kicked your butt if you gave mine to Kakkarott."

"Arigatou, Niisan!" Lita grinned even wider and drank some more of her own concoction.

"Hey Lita," Rei said.

"Yeah?" Lita replied.

"Do you…want to live alone?"

"Not really, but there's no one else to live with."

"Nonsense." Vegeta almost choked on his drink.

"What do you mean, nonsense, Rei?" Lita asked.

"You can live with Niisan and Bulma-chan and Trunks and Bra and me!!" Rei happily exclaimed, not really caring what Vegeta thought, mostly because she already pretty much knew.

"You--you mean it?! Re--really?! Niisan?" Lita squealed and clung to Vegeta's arm. He smiled despite himself.

"Hai, hai. Why not? Rei would drive me insane if I had it any other way," Vegeta told her.

"YOSH' YOSH' YOSH'!!!! ARIGATOU!!!" Lita exclaimed, then began rapidly giggling with Rei about all the different pranks they were going to play on their "older brother." Vegeta sighed and leaned back against the couch. He heard various words fly by him, including but not limited to, socks, food, bedroom, gravity room, Trunks, radio, lab, vegetable, drawer, lake, tree, night, and tail.

 

Goten turned to Trunks. "Guess you have another new family member, huh, Trunks?"

"Yeah, guess so. They're both really cool, though, especially Rei," Trunks said.

"Well, duh, she's your girlfriend," Goten replied, laughing at his friend, who blushed slightly.

"Well, yeah, and they like Tousan so much. Plus they're both orphans of a sort, they really like living with us. Kasaan likes them, too, and so does Bra, so we're pretty much like family anyway," Trunks said, returning his gaze to the TV set. Goten continued watching as well.

 

The pair of Bulmas had been listening, too. Present Bulma had grinned widely at her husband's decision. Mirai Bulma was curious.

"You mean, Rei lives with you guys? And now Lita's moving in, too? Why is that, don't they have families?" she asked.

"No. They're both orphans. Rei's grandfather, whom she lived with, recently passed away, and Lita's been an orphan for almost as long as she can remember, living by herself all those years. Rei just invited her to live with us, since they love our whole family, especially Vegeta," Bulma explained.

"The poor things, that's awful. I mean, about their families being dead. It's so wonderful that he loves them that much, to live with them and everything," Mirai Bulma said. Bulma nodded.

"He's so sweet to those two, they just bubble all over him all the time. I've always wanted to see what they do in those spars of theirs. They always bring all those senzu along, sometimes it makes me a little worried that he hurts them too much, but if anything they seem happier after their training. I'm surprised Karin hasn't run out, this year's crop must've been a doozie," Bulma thought out loud. Her future counterpart nodded in silent, thoughtful agreement.

 

***

 

The next morning had come. Everyone slept in for lack of important things to do in the morning. The women finally got up at about nine, preparing breakfast for everyone. After the group was up and had eaten the morning meal, a very hectic day began for Bulma and Chichi.

Bra said she ran out of lipstick and asked Bulma to go buy her some more, Rei and Lita chased Vegeta all over creation, knocking over or almost knocking over everything they passed, everyone left all their laundry for the two women to do (Mirai Bulma was out fixing the city and Mirai Chichi had her own private agenda), Trunks broke the TV, Goten broke it again right after Bulma fixed it, and Rei broke it once more, causing Bulma to break it even worse in the process of fixing it for the third time. Gohan forgot to do his homework and said he was busy when Chichi told him to do it, and Goku and Vegeta left the house at 12:00 noon and didn't come back for nearly the rest of the day and Rei and Lita went with them to watch Vegeta spar, and that meant there would only be four helpers for dinner. Goten and Trunks broke another TV and the microwave AND the gravity room, which Mirai Trunks was about to spar in, and various other things happened throughout the day which were left for the two women to fix, solve, and clean up. Finally, dinner came, and through some seventh sense, the two pure Saiya-Jins of the household came rocketing back home along with the two girls just in time.

The four bursted into the house as ususal, running into the dining room at the smell of food. To their dissapointment, the meal wasn't quite done, and the two Saiya-Jins were extremely hungry and tired.

"Hurry up with the food, women, I'm starving!"

"Yeah, Chichi, please go a little faster? We're really hungry!"

The two men kept voicing their commands and pleas untill finally two angry female figures came storming out of the kitchen, furious looks on thier faces, sweat dripping off thier tired brows, sending glares seething with rage at their hungry husbands. Fists clenched untill their knuckles were white, they informed thier spouses of their various displeasures of the day with partly-clenched teeth and thundering expressions that could have blown up a sunflower field.

"YOU LISTEN HERE!!!! DON'T YOU TWO GO ORDERING US AROUND LIKE YOU'RE SOME KIND OF HIGH ROYALTY IN CHARGE OF OUR LIVES!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT WE'VE BEEN THROUGH TODAY?!" Chichi screamed.

"WE'VE BOUGHT LIPSTICK, DONE MAMMOTH LAUNDRY LOADS, FIXED MULTIPLE TV'S MULTIPLE TIMES, FULLY REPAIRED A WHOLE GRAVITY ROOM AND A MICROWAVE, FIXED THE PLUMMING, CLEANED THE GUEST ROOMS, FORCED CHILDREN TO DO HOMEWORK, REPAIRED A TABLE YOU KNOCKED DOWN, VEGETA, AND SPENT OVER AN HOUR IN THIS KITCHEN FIXING A HUGE MEAL FOR ALL OF YOU AND ALL YOU CAN DO TO REPAY US IS COME IN THIS HOUSE WHINING FOR US TO HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!" Bulma screeched. Goku and Vegeta picked themselves up off the floor, straightening their clothes and regaining whatever dignity they previously had.

"Hmph. I'm still hungry."

"Yeah, me too. Can I have some food?"

 

That was what did it.

 

Those two women had really had it then.

 

"WHY YOU INSIGNIFIGANT KUSOYORGE!!!"

"BAKAYEROU!!! CHIKUSHO!!!! YOU TWO ARE GONNA PAY FOR THAT!!!!! YEEAAAAAAAAA!!!" The two seemingly ordinary ladies were suddenly surrounded in a huge golden aura which burnt a hole in the floor. Hair shot out, spiked and golden, eyes snapped to a brilliant bright turquoise, and the kitchen filled with a huge yellow light.

When it faded, two Super Saiya-Jins stood in the center of the room, still sending furious glares towards their husbands.

 

Chapter Three | Go Back