Chapter One: The Dream

While Kagome was asleep, she had a dream that Inu Yasha just stood still and let Kikyo kill him. She jerked up and looked around the room to see if Inu Yasha was still there. She let out a slow sigh when she saw that Inu Yasha was there and he was wide awake, too. "Don't you ever go to sleep Inu Yasha?" asked Kagome.

"No, I have to protect everyone! And by the way...........what were you dreaming about 'cause you were sweating and jerking in your sleep."

Kagome layed back down and said, "O....Oh nothing." Then she went back to sleep. At that, Inu Yasha drifted off into an extremly light sleep, (hanyou have to sleep too!)

After Kagome went back to sleep her dream continued and this is what happend... Kagome had witnessed Kikyo stabbing Inu Yasha in the heart, therefore killing him. Then Kikyo told Kagome, "See....he chose me in the end. He doesn't want a reincarnation. He wants the original!" and then she died in order to follow Inu Yasha.

Kagome jerked back up, instantly awake. She looked around the room again and saw Inu Yasha was asleep. Kagome jumped up and ran over to Inu Yasha, hugging him real tight. Of course, Inu Yasha woke up. He looked surprised at first but then put his arms around her and said, "What's wrong, Kagome?"

Kagome replied with a crying sound in her voice. She said, "Inu Yasha!! I had this horrible dream about you. In my dream, you were letting Kikyo ki......kill you, and take you with her!"

"Kagome, you don't have to cry anymore. I'm here."

Finally Kagome stopped crying and got up. She said, "Inu Yasha.....If you had the choice of living with me, or to die with Kikyo, which would you choose?"

"Kagome...."

"I see, Inu Yasha. You don't know yet. That's okay, just make sure you tell me someday. Ok?" Then Kagome walked over to her bed and went back to sleep for the second time.

Inu Yasha thought about Kagome's question all night. He really wanted to live with Kagome but he felt like he owed Kikyo his life. In a low voice he said, "Kagome, I just don't know yet but I promise you I will give you an answer!"

Chapter 2 | Go Back