Chapter Four: Fears

 

~~~ Next Morning ~~~

Bra walked into Pan’s room and was about to say 'good morning' but it caught in her throat as she saw Trunks sitting up in the bed uncomfortably sleeping with Pan curled up next to him and his hand on her shoulder. They both looked happy, and she knew that neither of them had been sleeping well lately, so she crept back out and went down the hall.

Her mother was in the kitchen. "So, did you wake up those two sleepy heads?"

Bra smiled. "No they were sleeping and they looked so happy together."

Bulma almost jumped out of her skin at Bra’s words "Together!? Oh no, they are not going to be sleeping together in this house, not now!"

Bra sighed. "They aren’t sleeping together, they are both asleep in the same room. It looks like maybe Pan was crying or something and he was comforting her...just like old times."

Bulma remembered the previous break ups with a boyfriends that Pan had had. Pan had come for Bra’s comfort and friendship but when things were really drastic she would find Trunks sitting on the couch with little Pan curled up with her head on his shoulder while he would softly calm her down as she slept. "Alright, alright. Well, they'll just get cold breakfast." Bulma said in a hurry, "They shouldn’t mind..." she snickered and began eating.

~~~ Two Hours Later ~~~

Trunks woke up first, looking at Pan. He admired her serenity and beauty. He softly stroked her head before getting up and trying to sneak back into his room but then he saw the clock; it was nearly 11 o'clock. He sighed, they had probably already seen them and thought the worst.

He opened the door and just then Pan stirred, looking up. "Morning," she said, almost falling out of bed and following him groggily down to see what little breakfast was left.

As they descended the stairs they saw Bra sitting on the couch. Her mother had gone to the workshop, "Sleep well, you two?" she smirked at them.

Pan rolled her eyes. "You are a sneaky little devil, aren’t you? I swear you're the spawn of Satan instead of Vegeta’s kid! He would have the mind to keep out of other people's affairs." she sighed.

Bra just laughed. "Well, it worked...at least a little. You are speaking again, if not more."

Trunks growled at his little sister. "We were just talking..." ...for now he thought.

They walked into the kitchen. There was still some food and they put it in the microwave to heat it up before they both sat down to eat. They couldn’t keep from staring at each other. Pan softly smiled, as did Trunks.

Just then Vegeta stormed into the house grumbling about something. "What are you doing here, brat? Shouldn’t you be somewhere else eating their food?"

Pan shook her head. "No, I enjoy bothering you, Vegeta. It's always a pleasure to be the royal pest of the Prince."

Vegeta shook his head, resisting a smile. He then looked at Trunks and at Pan. A soft groan emerged from him as he walked away mumbling, "I will not have any of Kakkarot's blood anywhere near my bloodline."

Trunks heard the words as they were trailing off and he shook his head. Was it that obvious that he liked Pan...and...that she liked him? He sighed. "Great, great..."

Pan looked at him. "What are you complaining about?" She really hadn’t paid much mind to Vegeta as he stormed away.

"Nothing..." he smiled at her. "I’m going to get ready for work."

Bra poked her head in. "Hey, moron, it's a Saturday. No work today!"

Trunks laughed. "Right, right." he smiled. "Well, looks like I have some free time on my hands." He smiled at Pan and she smiled back at him.

"I’m going to go get dressed, I can’t stay in my pajamas all day." With that she went upstairs. Trunks followed behind her, watching his sister to make sure she that didn’t see him.

~~~ Upstairs ~~~

Pan looked at Trunks as he followed her. "What?"

Trunks smiled lightly. "Let's go for a walk."

Pan frowned. "Now? I look like I am wearing a bee's nest on my head."

Trunks shook his head. "You look fine but if you want to change and get around we can go for the walk afterwards."

Pan sighed. "Alright." They went their own seperate ways; both taking a shower and getting around.

~~~ One Hour Later ~~~

Trunks was the first to appear. He walked downstairs and plopped down on the couch next to his sister. "Hello, little sis."

She looked at him. "Woah, when did you get aftershave?"

He sniffed a little. "Is it that strong?"

She shook her head. "No, I just don’t notice you wearing it..." she smiled. "Ohhh, trying to impress Pan, huh?" Trunks started to blush but quickly stole the remote from Bra and changed the channel. She pouted and threw a fit but to no avail.

Pan slunk down the stairs and saw Trunks. She felt shy and her face started turning red. She calmed down and walked over to them. "Hey, what’s going on?"

"Nothing."

Bra whined. "Trunks took the remote and is watching his stupid shows again! I thought I had rid myself of this torture!" She shook her head.

Pan smiled. "I’ll get that remote back for you, Bra" she smiled. "Come on, let's go."

Trunks dropped the remote on his sister’s lap and they both walked out the door.

"Hey, where are you two going?!?!" she screamed with no reply. A devilish smile crossed her lips as she watched them walk away. She whirled around and grabbed the phone. After a few rings she smiled, "Hey, is Goten there?"

~~~ The Walk ~~~

They walked out of the house laughing. "So, where are we off to?"

Trunks shrugged. "I don’t know, we're just walking."

Pan laughed. "Alright then."

It was rather silent for a few minutes after that. Pan thought she would break the silence, "So, what was college like when you went?"

Trunks shrugged. "I don’t remember. Its been so long 'cuz I'm so old."

Pan shook her head, softly hitting him in the arm. "You're not that old."

Trunks nodded. "Yes I am."

They jokingly bickered for a few minutes. "Oh yeah? Then let's see if you can catch me!" Pan said tauntingly as she took off running.

Trunks ran after her. She was rather fast but Trunks caught up with her quickly. "Gotcha" he yelled as he grabbed her waist and stopped, tickling her slightly.

She laughed, grabbing his hands, "Oh stop that!" She shook her head chuckling.

"You let me catch you." Trunks continued to struggle to tickle her again.

"Come on, Trunks, I don’t want to be tickled!"

He pouted and let go. "Alright, alright."

She smiled as she was released and she turned around. "Now it’s my turn to tickle you!"

Trunks jumped in surprise. "Hey, no fair!"

Pan laughed. "All's fair in love and war."

"Huh?" Trunks stopped laughing and stared at her.

Pan realized what she had said and stopped. "Nothing." She turned and started walking again.

He ran up to her, placing his hand on her shoulder. "What did you mean by that?"

She kept walking away until Trunks walked in front of her, grabbing her shoulders and looking her in the eye. She shook her head, "It was a joke..."

Trunks shook his head, "I don’t think it was."

She struggled to get away. "It was! I was only joking."

Trunks held on tighter, pulling her closer to him and softly kissing her. Pan stopped struggling as his hands let go of her shoulders and moved down to her waist. She wrapped her arms around his neck. His tongue broke through the kiss and slipped into her mouth, playing with hers. After a few moments they broke the kiss reluctantly and Pan leaned her head against his shoulder, sighing sadly. Trunks glanced at her. "What?"

She looked up, "Nothing..." and let go of him, trying to walk away.

He held onto her, "Why are you trying to walk away? Did I do something to upset you?"

Pan shook her head. "No, of course not. It's just that every time this happens you want to leave."

He held onto her waist. "Not this time." She smiled lightly and hugged him warmly and they continued walking, Trunks with one arm still around Pan’s waist as they enjoyed their surroundings.

Out of nowhere came a ki blast that attacked them from behind, knocking them over. "What the fuck!?" Trunks looked up and saw his father.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH HER!" Vegeta yelled at his son, growling viciously at the pair.

Trunks ignored his father for a moment. "Pan, you alright?"

She got up, nodding. "Yeah...He’s hit me with worse." she growled lightly. "What was that one for, Vegeta?"

Vegeta glanced sharply at Pan. "Shut up, you. Stay the hell away from my son or I‘ll kill you!" With that, Vegeta took off.

Pan sighed and stared to walk away but Trunks quickly caught up with her. "Where do you think you're going?"

She looked at Trunks. "You heard your father."

He frowned. "Please don’t let him scare you away."

She stopped and turned around, "He sounded pretty serious. He doesn’t want us to be together... No on does." she frowned, sighing and sinking to the ground as she pouted.

Trunks frowned. "Fine, if you're going to let everyone else’s opinion determine your life then I’m just wasting my time here."

Pan sighed, not knowing what she should do as he walked away.

 

Chapter 5 | Go Back