Chapter Eight

On the way to the hospital, several police cars were after Bulma. However, she just sped up and shot past them all. On arriving at the hospital, the police cars stopped her as she hurriedly got out of the car.

"Ma'am, we'd like to ask you why you were going so fast down the suburban roads in the city. There are people there who don't want to be crashed into and run over, you know."

"YOU BAKA! My boyfriend is dying, I have to get him to the emergency room. If I was going any slower, he could be dead right now! As a matter of fact, I better check on him," Bulma told the police officer, who didn't believe it at first. However, when Bulma opened the back door to her car to check Vegeta's pulse, the police officers were shocked at the man's horrible appearance.

"Oh, Kami, he's almost gone…" Bulma cried.

"Here, ma'am, we'll help you out." The kind officer carried Vegeta to the emergency room without a second thought.

The nurses and doctors rushed around, putting all sorts of things on Vegeta, around Vegeta, and into Vegeta. They had already notified Bulma that he would need surgery, and before she knew it, Vegeta was whisked out of sight. She sat on the bench for quite a few hours, then decided to go back home and wait for the call. She found out, however, that her car was out of gas, so she sat on the bench for another hour.

Around that time, the nurse came out and called Bulma's name from the waiting guest list. Bulma got up and went with the nurse to a hospital room, where she found Vegeta, still unconscious, lying in a hospital bed. She had never seen a more pitiful sight in her life.

"It was sure a bad scrape, but we think he'll be fine in about two months," said the nurse. "Is he your husband?"

Bulma blushed. "Oh, no. He's…more like my boyfriend."

"Oh, I thought he looked a little short," replied the nurse. Little did she know that Vegeta was in his thirties. That was one thing: Bulma and Vegeta both looked about ten years younger than they really were.

Bulma sat by Vegeta's bed for hours and hours. He didn't wake up. The machines said he was doing normally, but Bulma wanted to talk to him. What will the others do when they find out? Will they think I'm weird? Oh gee, I hope Vegeta isn't too miffed by this. He really is going to kill Goku after this, if he gets the chance. I'll tell Goku to train really hard in the next two months, Bulma thought to herself.

 

The next morning, Goku went to visit the Capsule Corporation to say hi to Bulma and to apologize to Vegeta, but when he got there, neither was present. Dr. Briefs, however, explained the whole thing (except Bulma and Vegeta's sexual intercourses and their attraction, he knew that would piss his daughter majorly). Goku was really worried now. He went back to his house and told Chichi and Gohan the bad news.

"Goku, that's horrible! I mean, I know he is a very…unpleasant…man, but for anything like that to happen to anyone is really terrible. Shame on you, Goku!" Chichi scolded.

"I didn't mean to…" Goku whimpered.

"Well, Dad, do you think we should go over there? To the hospital, I mean…to keep Bulma company?" Gohan asked.

"I think it's the right thing to do, Gohan. Are you coming, Chichi?" Goku asked his wife.

"I suppose I might as well…it will do Bulma good to have a woman companion…but why she stays there with him is a complete mystery to me…"

 

"You did WHAT to Vegeta? To VEGETA? Of all people?" Krillin yelled at Goku.

"No offense, Krillin, but I sort of have overly-good hearing too, ya know…" Goku winced as he patted his poor ears.

"Oh sorry…anyway, I think the situation is a little obserd…I would feel weird going to a hospital to visit Vegeta…" Krillin said, "but since you're going, pal, then I'll go for a little while too. Yelling at me might blow some steam off Bulma, so I'll be sure to make a wisecrack."

"I'm not up for that kind of stuff. I'm hanging out with Tien, catch ya later!" yelled Yamcha as he flew to Tien and Chao-Tzu's house.

"Yamcha never was that kind of guy…" Krillin thought out loud.

 

Bulma had spent the whole night with Vegeta. It was about ten o'clock the next day, and he had still not waken. Bulma made a little yelp of surprise as the door came open and her friends busted in.

"Hi, Bulma. We thought you might want some company…" Goku said awkwardly. Everyone else just stood in silence, and either stared at Vegeta or stared at their feet.

"Well…uhh…gee, thanks…how long are you all going to be here?" Bulma asked, completely embarrassed.

"Oh, us boys are only going to be here a few minutes. We just wanted to say hi. Chichi's going to stay here to keep you company," Krillin explained.

"Chichi, that's so kind of you. You always were extra thoughtful," Bulma told her good friend. "As for the rest of you guys, thanks for thinking about me. It wasn't your fault, Goku. You two suicidal maniacs are going to be at it all the time, I guess Chichi and I will have to get used to it."

"Goku going to have to get used to explaining to me why he half kills his sparring partner, or he's going to be sleeping on the couch," Chichi said, glaring at Goku.

"Heh heh, I believe it, Chichi," Goku whimpered, and gave a half-hearted smile.

"Well, we're out of here," said Krillin, and all three boys took off down the hall, glad to be out of the embarrassing situation. Chichi, however, just rolled her eyes, pulled up another chair, and sat down next to Bulma.

"So, Bulma, what brought you two together?" Chichi asked, smirking in a gentle way.

"WHAT? Who? Umm…what are you talking about, heh heh…" Bulma put up a fake smile.

"Get over it, Bulma. I find it a little odd, but there's a reason for everything. I want you to tell me so that I can get a better picture."

"Well, it's like this. A while ago, mainly after he kissed me in the forest, I noticed just how lonely he was here. I saw it…in his eyes. Also, hey! The man has a great body! So I figure, what the heck. He needs a home, and he needs someone who he can relate to. I give him a package deal: the Capsule Corporation and me. Well, he was pretty darn satisfied, to say the least. We just kept getting closer and closer…..................((sigh)) We even had some bedroom fun!"

"Bulma! You are soooooo naughty…" Chichi giggled. Bulma blushed. "Oh come now, Bulma, don't be embarrassed. Tell me how he was!!!" Chichi burst into a giggle fit. "I'm dying to know! I've never had a dark, serious man as a partner before."

"Oh, Chichi. Vegeta re-defines the meaning of 'rude to your girlfriend,' but if you haven't been with him, you haven't lived! That man can kiss you once and make it last and hour, and every single minute it feels like he just started kissing you!" Here Bulma giggled. Chichi was wide eyed with wonder. She then burst into laughter, also. She looked down at Vegeta's serious face and laughed even louder.

"Him......hehehehehehehe! Imagine..........hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Oh Bulma, it's too much…"

"Please, Chichi, promise not to tell anyone, do you hear? If Vegeta found out, he'd be hurt. I promised him I wouldn't tell. And don't drop hints, either," Bulma pleaded.

"I won't," said Chichi, now in a serious and understanding tone. "If I know anything about that man, it's that he has pride. I respect that. I know that his reputation is part of his pride, and I respect that too. Don't worry, Bulma."

"Thanks so much, Chichi," Bulma said to her best lady friend. They were both relatively quiet for the rest of the day.

 

Chapter Nine | Go Back