Chapter Seven

A week had passed by. Bulma and Vegeta had a regular sleeping schedule with eachother now, and they were loving it. No one else even had an ingling that anything was going on between the pair, and Vegeta nor Bulma dropped the slightest hint.

Bulma woke up with a shock one morning as a humongeous blast sounded from outside of her quarters. Vegeta, of course, by this time of morning, was training in the gravity room, but Bulma could hear him cursing and running outside to see what had happened.

Outside, Vegeta could only stare at the Saiya-Jin like spaceship lying in the yard. Vegeta recognized this as one of the Ginyuu Force's ships he had seen earlier on Namek and the Freezer planet they had been kept on. He looked behind him and saw Bulma quickly rushing out of the building.

"Bulma, isn't that a Ginyuu force ship?" Vegeta asked his green haired mate.

"Umm…yeah, it looks familiar…" Bulma stuttered.

"I could have sworn we had gotten rid of those bakas…their dancing and posing was really setting me off. What the?!?!?!" Vegeta yelped, as the door to the pod came down, and out stepped…

 

Goku.

 

"KAKKAROTT?!?!?!?? KUSO! WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS!"

"Ve…Vegeta!!?! Na…nani? What are…YOU…doing here? With Bulma? At the Capsule Corporation? ON EARTH? Umm…try not to attack me, right now…please? I'm…a little tired," Goku pleaded.

"Rrrrrrrhhh…" Vegeta made a low growl, but he could just feel Bulma glaring at him, so he shut up.

"Son-Kun, how did you make it back to Earth so soon?" Bulma asked her long-time friend.

"Well, I spent less time on this strange planet, called Yardratt, than I thought I was going to, and after I left, it didn't take me an awful lot of time to get back here again.

"PphphhhtHAHAHAHA!" Vegeta suddenly burst into laughter, as he realized what Goku was wearing: the strange outfit of the Yardratt-jins. He looked so incredibly retarded to Vegeta that the Saiya-Jin prince couldn't help himself.

"What's so funny, Vegeta?" asked Goku, confused. Vegeta just kept laughing, and pointed a shaking finger at Goku's clothes. Goku's face turned red. "It was the only thing they had to wear, and my gi wasn't exactly wearable at the time…"

"Vegeta, shut the Hell up and stop laughing! It's not Goku's problem and it's not his fault, either. Come on, Goku, let's see what Krillin thinks!" Bulma said.

"Sure, Bulma! Here, touch my shoulder," Goku instructed her. Vegeta flared as Bulma touched his worst enemy. He'd have to tell her to take a bath before sleeping with him that night. What came next shocked Vegeta's system.

Goku placed two fingers on his forehead. "Here we go, Bulma!" He said. And dissapeared into thin air. With Bulma. Vegeta's jaw could have touched the ground.

Goku explained everything to everybody as they gathered at the Son house. Even Vegeta was listening from the window. He explained his Instantaneous Movement technique and re-united with his lost and supposedly dead friends. After a while of talking, Vegeta and Bulma left for the CC, no one thinking to look out the window, as they would have seen Vegeta flying off, carrying Bulma on his back.

 

"Hey Krillin, I'm going to go ask Vegeta to spar with me this morning," Goku said to his short balding friend the next day.

"You're going to do WHAT?" Krillin replied. "That's just a little crazy, Goku, I mean, Vegeta will try to kill you or something!"

"No he won't. He's more of an honorable warrior than you think, Krillin. He knows very well that sparring is for training, not killing, and besides yelling at me when I ask him, he probably won't do anything to me," Goku confidently answered. Before Krillin could object a second time, Goku was out the door and flying quickly towards the Capsule Corp.

As he reached the big building and stepped inside, he was greeted by Dr. Briefs.

"Why, hello Goku! How are you today?"

"I'm fine, sir! Could you tell me, where's Vegeta?"

"Err...well...yes, but I don't know if that would be a good idea…"

"Well, why not? Heh, afraid he'll snap at you? Don't worry, usually Vegeta is all bark and no bite, although he does bark very well," Goku told the poor proffesor.

"No, no…it's not like that. I really can't say, Goku, but I'll try to get him for you," Dr. Briefs answered, and went up to Bulma's floor in the elevator. Goku just stood around, too thick headed to noticed where Bulma's father was going.

 

Bulma woke up first. She felt the wonderful feeling of Vegeta around her. It always made her feel so extremely safe, even if he was sleeping. He was a quiet sleeper, unlike his Saiya-jin "companion" Goku, who snored to knock the building down. Reluctantly, she released herself from his sleeping caress and rolled over to look at his face.

Vegeta's face, to Bulma at least, always looked so thoughtful when he was sleeping, like he was making up for not thinking about things during the day. She also thought he looked very innocent and peaceful, just laying there with that look upon his features. He's so perfect, thought Bulma. She ran her fingers over his face and felt the seriousness in his expression. She then whispered, "Vege-chan, time to wake up…" and then she gave him a little kiss on his thin but soft lips. He woke up slowly, at first just by opening an eye slightly. Bulma smiled at him.

"Good morning, Vege-chan. Good sleep?"

"Mmm-hmm," Vegeta groggily replied, then rolled over and almost went back to sleep again when he heard a knock on the door. Bulma jumped up, put on her long nightgown, and went to the door.

"Hello, Bulma…"

"DAD! Get out of here right now!"

"No, no, Bulma, I'm not punishing you. Goku…wants to know if Vegeta can spar today."

"WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!" Father and daughter heard the scream from the bedroom.

"Oh, hush up, you pig!" Bulma yelled at him. Dr. Briefs was startled to find that Vegeta said not another word. "As you were saying, father?"

"Oh yes. Goku is downstairs right now waiting for me to tell him the answer. I need to know, it's impolite to keep someone waiting."

"Hey, Vegeta," Bulma called to him, "get dressed in your little fighting outfit. Goku wants to spar. You said you wanted a fight and that everyone else was puny, so get up, get dressed, and get over here NOW!"

"Fine, fine, woman, just don't yell. I do have overly-sensitive hearing, you know…" Vegeta grumbled as he massaged his hurt ears.

"Well, hurry up then! Get going!"

In about three minutes, Vegeta had on all his gear and was standing next to Bulma by the door.

"I'll take that as a yes," said Dr. Briefs, and left for the elevator. Before he got in though, he gawked as Vegeta simply jumped over the edge of the railing and sailed down to the ground below without a scratch.

"Whaddaya want, Kakkarott?" Vegeta snapped at Goku.

"Oh, hey there Vegeta! Wanna go spar? Great day out there, it'd be a shame to miss it! Come on, it'll be fun!" Goku had his humongeous goofy smile on his face and one hand behind his head in the Goku fashion. Vegeta just rolled his eyes. He then saw Bulma out of the corner of his eye. She had dressed and come downstairs and was heading towards the Saiya-Jin pair.

"Wow, Bulma, you look great today! Good morning!" Goku greeted her.

"Oh, gee, why thanks Goku! You're so kind," she replied. "Vegeta, how long are you going to be gone? If it's past 7:00 PM, the company doors are going to be locked. You'll have to take……the other way in. Two taps, remember?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, woman. I know. I dunno how late, so don't count on a specific time." They were reffering to her bedroom window.

"Fine, fine. Vegeta, have a good time. Goku, you too. Don't kill eachother, and make sure one's healthy enough to fly the other back to the re-gen tank. Bye!" Bulma called after them as the darted into the sky.

 

"So, Vegeta, where do you want to go? Nowhere in the city, remember."

"Well, duh Kakkarott. I don't know this area, I'm just going along with you."

"OK, then, how about that big place where we first fought?"

"Uh…OK. Let's speed up, this is too slow." To Goku's surprise, Vegeta bursted with a humongeous Ki reading and bolted lighting fast into the distance. Goku could only gawk. The last time he had seen Vegeta, it had taken him time and a big powerup to get his ki level like that, but now it was a regular burst of energy. He must have been training super-hard,Goku thought. But why? Goku stopped thinking about it and put on a burst of speed.

 

When both of the men had reached the historic battle grounds, Vegeta immediately started stretching and warming up. Goku didn't, because he had no experience or training in using stretches and excersizes right before battle. He had no clue why Vegeta was doing this, because it wasn't powering him up or anything. When he looked like he was ready, Goku started them off.

"OK, go!"

The two Saiya-Jins flew at eachother. They matched eachother punch for punch, kick for kick for a while. Vegeta gave Goku a mean one to the chest, and Goku tried to get him back with a knee in the stomach, but Vegeta dissapeared just as his leg was about to connect. Goku thought he was going to appear behind him, so he stood still, trying to feel Vegeta's ki. He felt it briefly, on and off, but Goku couldn't tell where his sparring partner was. Vegeta was moving too quickly.

When Goku was about to call out for him to stop that, Vegeta slowed and became visible and then double-kicked Goku in face in one liquid movement. While Goku was in temporary shock, Vegeta punched him in the stomach, powered up for an attack, and as his body burst into ki flames, he yelled, "BIG BANG ATTACK!!!!"

"What the HELL?" Goku yelled, as he felt Vegeta's ki level and the level of the attack. He soon concluded that Vegeta was going all out. Goku was shocked and amazed at his partner's absolutely amazing buildup in power over such a completely short amount of time. The ki reading was out of control.

"VEGETA! WHAT THE HELL IS BIG BANG ATTACK?"

"A NEW LITTLE TRICK I TAUGHT MYSELF. BETTER DODGE IT, CAUSE YOU CAN'T KNOCK THIS ONE AWAY!!!!"

Goku yelped and ran for his life, just as Vegeta was done powering up, he forced his hand forward into a 'stop' fashion, and screamed as he released an absolutely gargantuous ki bolt. Goku singed the back of his hair as he just dodged the humongeous and deadly beam.

After the smoke cleared, Goku just stared, a wavery expression on his face. He knew that if that bolt had hit him, he would be dead. But at the same time, he knew that Vegeta expected him to dodge it. He was putting up a show of power to impress, and boy, it did the job.

Goku stumbled out from behind the badly singed and cracked rock he had hidden behind, and was blown away to realize that Vegeta was still completely surrounded in ki fire, and was breathing heavily. Goku thought a move like that would knock Vegeta out.

"Holy Kami, Vegeta! You could have blown away six Ginyuu Forces and a Freezer with that blast! How did you learn it?"

"I sort of discovered it on accident. Lucky I practiced it without actually shooting, or I think CC would have been little particles of dust. I didn't let the bolt fly in the gravity room because I could feel its power. Although, it had me doubly impressed with myself out here," Vegeta said, as he smirked and looked down the humongeous ravine the bolt had blown in the ground for about a half a mile.

"Well, Vegeta, I didn't get in very many hits that last time, let's go again, shall we?"

"Right," Vegeta said, and immediately started stretching again as his ki flames receded.

This time,Goku decided to do the same. He wondered what the stretching was for, right before sparring. It didn't seem to give HIM a ki boost, or make him alot faster. But after he was done, he found out why Vegeta was always SO energetic and riley before his battles: doing that warmed up Goku's muscles and made him feel a burst of life and a sort of bouncy, awake feeling. Vegeta looked like he was experiencing the same thing. He kept popping up on his toes impatiently. "Come on, Kakkarott, let's start!" The boys were at it for six hours.

 

After battling, both Saiya-Jins had ripped eachother up and were quite satisfied at their first sparring match. They both knew what to expect when they got home, a "What the hell happened to you, you should have been more careful, where have you been all day" from ChiChi and, unknown to Goku, a "You dork, you practically killed yourself, what a fighting obsessed baka you are, wanna have sex" from Bulma. Vegeta was half looking forward to his delightful end of the day by the time he got back to CC at around 4:00 PM.

"Hi Goku…Welcome back, Vegeta… what in Dende's name have you done to eachother? Oh Kami! Vegeta, do you have a broken arm?" Bulma asked him in a worried tone.

"Yes, it's broken, woman, and so are about six of my ribs, so lemme in and do something about it! I can't walk around all day like this, you know," Vegeta told Bulma. Of course, what Bulma knew he was worried about was that they couldn't have midnight fun with Vegeta being so torn apart and in pain.

Goku wasn't looking the least bit better, but still he said, "Well, great sparring with ya, Vegeta! I gotta get home to be yelled at. See ya later!" With this Goku absentmindedly slapped Vegeta on the shoulder of his crushed arm. Vegeta winced heavily at the pain.

"Oh man, sorry Vegeta!" Goku then put on a wavery smile with his hand behind his head as both Vegeta and Bulma glared at him. He was very familiar with both of their tempers, and took off like lightning.

 

Bulma heard Vegeta mumbling and she could pick out some words, such as 'what a baka' and 'kuso kakkarott' and other such things. "Oh, lighten up, Vege-chan, he didn't mean anything," Bulma told him when they were alone in the re-gen room. "OK, you have to let me feel now, because I need to know how much time to set the tank to."

"What? You have to touch it? No way, woman, this stuff hurts like damn hell without your paws on it. Stay away from me," Vegeta growled at her.

"Kuso, you can be such a stubborn ASS sometimes, Vegeta! Shuddup and let me see…" Bulma started to head towards his arm. He pulled it away, but was upset with the consequences of moving his smashed arm, and he yelped in pain and let it slide back into place, where Bulma started to touch it. She could feel the tenseness in his body.

When she actually started to squeeze his arm, he winced and bit his lip, afraid to let a yell out, for pride's sake. Bulma was having a little problem, because her Saiya-Jin boyfriend's muscles were so hard, she was having trouble knowing exactly what was wrong with the bone for a while. She eventually had to squeeze harder, and this time, a yell erupted from Vegeta. He was embarrassed at showing such a sign of weakness, and bit his lip so hard it drew blood.

Bulma just kept feeling around until she concluded that his arm was in pretty bad shape. "What on Chikyuu happened to it, Vege-chan?" she asked him.

"Kakkarott pounded it into the ground," he replied. Bulma winced at the sheer thought. If either of the men so much as flicked her arm, it would come right off.

"Alright, time for your ribs. Now don't you hit me, or I'm going to have a nice little visit with King Kai in heaven, got it?" Bulma told the wincing Vegeta. "Mmmhmmm…" was all Vegeta could get out. Bulma shrugged and started feeling along his ribcage. Eww, gross! They're practically all snapped off and pointing inwards! Wait a minute, that could cause a problem…"Vegeta, honey, are you having any trouble at all breathing?" Bulma asked. She also noticed he had made another bleeding split in his own lip.

"N...not...really..." Vegeta choked out. This was getting a little serious in Bulma's opinion. She looked at his face, which was twisted up and tightened. His eyes looked like they were wide open and squeezed tight at the same time. "Are you sure, honey? It doesn't hurt when you breath or anything?"

"Actually……………come to…think of it……yeah, it hurts like hell………" These were his last words before he passed out and almost fell onto the floor. Bulma shrieked and caught him. She tried to remain calm, but was frightened by this sudden change of events. She thought that he was tougher than this, as he had received worse and lived, both remaining conscious and continuing to attack.

She then realized it was as she had suspected: his ribs were starting to tear up his respiratory system. This was a frightening conclusion, but Bulma knew it was true. She checked him for a pulse, which was getting slower by the minute. His breaths sounded choked, and he was starting to get a little pale.

Bulma took action. She knew the re-gen tank was way too slow for this kind of emergency, so she decided to take him to the hospital. After all, they had taken care of Goku before. She went outside of the regeneration room and called to her father, who had calmed down about the whole ordeal quite alot.

"DAAAAAD! COME HERE, COME HERE QUICK! VEGETA'S GOING TO DIE!" Bulma screamed into the building. Dr. Briefs came running, and as he entered the room and saw Vegeta's body lying on the table, he was more than shocked.

"Dad, I need you to carry him to the car. The real car, because capsule cars are too small. Come on!" Bulma instructed her father.

Reluctantly, he picked up the Saiya-Jin prince, who was surprisingly lightweight, for all his muscle, and carried him out to their car in the garage. When the garage door opened, Bulma was off at seventy miles per hour.

 

Chapter Eight | Go Back