Chapter Eleven

Vegeta had run far away from the Capsule Corporation that night. He was hurt and confused by what had been happening everywhere. He thought he could find a parter in Bulma, but later thought he was grossly wrong. Her love was making him soft, and that was the last thing he wanted to admit being. Deep inside, he knew he hadn't really meant what he had said to Bulma on this subject, and right after the words had escaped his mouth, he had inwardly regretted it. Due to shock and emotional pain, Vegeta guessed, he paid a terrible price for letting his pride override his real feelings. No one could deny that what Bulma had done was disgustingly crude, but Vegeta knew that she had the same temper problems as he did.

Her only problem was that she couldn't conceal or restrain them when needed. This was, of course, Vegeta's specialty. He also knew that she had alot of pride, which was often damaged by that stupid weakling ex-boyfriend of hers, Yamcha.

When he had left, Bulma had been so lonely. What other man could I ever find? No one likes me!!! Krillin's a friend, But…eewww…that thought's sort of disgusting, Bulma had thought on the day she had lost Yamcha. Of course, the day after, she had met Vegeta. The real Vegeta. The lonely, lost Saiya-Jin man with no kingdom to go home to. Stuck on little Earth, home of no other than the Saiya-Jin with a memory problem, Goku…AKA Kakkarott. That had probably been the last straw for him ever hoping to find peace on Earth, Bulma had thought.

 

As Vegeta ran through the forest, he began to breath quiet sobs into the air. Tears flew off his face as he ran deeper and deeper into the quiet world of green. When a cool, quiet forest pond came into sight, Vegeta slowed down. As he reached the water's edge, he sat down and softly choked down more sobs that kept escaping his throat. Tears ran off of his cheeks, and he quickly tried to brush them away. They were coming too fast, though, and after a few futile attempts to stop his pitiful crying, he gave up and let the tears flow freely down his face.

 

Chapter Twelve | Go Back