The Voice
written by: Cher101060

 

The thirty five years have gone by quickly for the Z warriors. There has been a calm that no one complains about. At this very moment Bulma lays awake beside her mate Vegeta. These moments are rare and precious to her. Most of the time when he falls asleep she is already sleeping. She enjoys looking at his face, so peaceful so calm. Characters which he surly doesn't posses when he is awake.

Despite the many years, she still wonders deeply about his past. She knows that he was involved in the destruction of much and the deaths of many. She knew now that he is now a changed man. Still, she would like to know what exactly the prince of Saiyans use to take part in. When she use to try to ask him what exactly he use to do he would always tell her "that was a long time ago". So she eventually stopped asking, even though she never quite stopped wondering. Why he never told her was beyond her. What did he think, she wondered? That she would leave him if she knew exactly what he did? She could never leave him, she thought to her self she loves him way too much. Tonight Bulma will find out the answers to her question and so much more. Bulma's years of wondering have not gone unnoticed.

During this one particular night something incredible will happen. It starts first with a whisper only she seems to here. She then jumps up from the bed where her mate is sleeping. She turns around to see who said something. She replies them out loud, even though she don't know what she is replying to!! Her voice wakes up the prince who was sleeping beside her.

Bulma: Who are you? What do you want?

Vegeta: Who the hell are you talking to woman? There is no one here.

Bulma: I heard whispers, voices. Didn't you?

Vegeta: Of course not, perhaps it was just your weak human mind dreaming again?

Bulma: Fine then me and my weak mind are not sleeping in here!

Vegeta: Promises, promises!!

Bulma gets out of her bed and walks out of the bedroom. She knows what she heard and she knows she is not going crazy. Why didn't he hear it? She walked outside to the front of her house and stood up before the night sky. She hears the voices again, but only this time they are much louder and clear.

"You want to know"? "You want to experience what you ask"? The voices say. Now she hears one main voice which appears female. The voice tells her to stop using her mouth and use her mind. Though she was frightened and confused she replied using her thoughts.

Again Bulma asks her with her mind " Who are you"? Finally the voice answered " I am no one single person, I am no one single spirit, I am what's left of entire planet's soul wandering through time. We have felt your thoughts for quite some time now. We have finally saw that you are worthy enough to be enlightened. The question is are you ready? Don' t be afraid.

Bulma: So you are telling me that your the entire spirit of a dead world? Incredible!! What do you have to do with me, enlighten me how?

The voice: We have felt your tension, your unanswered questions about the one you love, Vegeta. He is the reason why this world is dead. He is the reason why we are so many different souls all in one. So many deaths occurred at the same time that many of our souls mended into one entity. It is to what you are mentally speaking to now.

Bulma: Are you going to kill me? Kill my husband?

The voice: No, despite the fact that we have the power to do so this is not our way of doing things. We still don't believe that violence is the means to seek retribution. We have come because of your wondering. You want to know exactly what he did? Do you want to see it first hand?

Bulma: What do you mean? Are you going to force me back through time?

The voice: Nothing will be forced! Yet to fully understand what he did you need to see it first hand. You need to feel it. There are no words to express such pain and sorrow. What I can do for you is almost like putting you back in time , but then again it is not. Whatever happens in that world is merely a complex time illusion. Even though it is the past Vegeta will not remember it in this present. No matter what occurs there the current present can't be changed. It will be as it never happened. Understand?

Bulma: What.... what if I get killed back in the illusion?

The voice: Since it is only a time illusion you can't be killed but you can feel pain. If you are killed before your time expires in that world you will be jolted back to this world. The journey will be done through your mind. Your physical body will never leave earth. You will be in what is called a sleeping cationic state. Do you want this?

Bulma: Should I trust you? How long will I have?

The voice: I come in pure peace, I am sure you can feel my essence. So don't be foolish. It is your choice. You journey, if you take it will be one earth hour. I suggest you find some place to lay down if you do.

Bulma: Why?

The voice: If you accept it your body will be in a deep sleep until the time is up or you are jolted back into the present. You can't be awaken until either one of the two occur.

Bulma: Jolted? You mean killed don't you?

The voice: Yes, I do

Bulma: I guess I accept.

Bulma steps back into her home and lays down on the couch. It's quiet. She lies down on her couch and tells the invisible entity to go ahead. At first she feels nothing but then she feels cold then blacks out. When she wakes she is the middle of a screaming riot. She knows that the time trick has worked and she is back in the past. She sees hundreds of thousands of people running away with fear in there eyes. Women and children men and boys. Bulma tries with all her might to go against the crowd. One of the women grabs her hard and tries to stop her from going. The woman screams at her in a language she don't understand. Yet she know that she is telling her to runaway.

Bulma frees herself from the grasp and continues on to what seems to be the direction everyone is running from. In a matter of minutes her fears have been confirmed. She have seen all these men before. In a reality one is going to become her mate. They don't see her until she shouts Vegeta's name. A big mistake on her part!

Radditz: Did you heat that prince? Look at that strange woman, she knows your name!

Nappa: Yha, she said it like she knows you two. She doesn't even look like a native of this planet either.

Vegeta: I don't care where she is from! She will pay for addressing me so informally, bring the wench to me Nappa.

Though one would never guess it from his actions Vegeta chose not to kill her on the spot because he is curious. None of the Saiyan men have ever seen a woman so beautiful. Vegeta just wants a closer look. Nappa approaches her, who at first looks scared but then remember she can't really die in this world. Nappa picks up Bulma by one hand which is painful and carries her like this towards the other two Sayins. He then throws her hard into the ground before him.

Vegeta: Pathetic creature! How do you know my name? Do you even understand me baka! Speak now if you do!

Bulma: Vegeta, I know you but you can't know me.

Vegeta: How dare you address me again so informally?!

Vegeta kicks Bulma in her stomach, the pain of it makes Bulma fall to the ground. She quickly kneels up right trying to catch her breath. The kick was not enough force to kill her, just enough to inflict pain.

Vegeta: That is more like it woman, kneel before a prince of Saiyan a god to you! Still before I burn you into a crisp, how did you know my name?

Bulma: I am from your very distant future, I time traveled. I am your wife.

Vegeta: Baka, there is no such thing as time travel! What the hell is a wife?

Bulma: Mate.

Both Radditz and Vegeta look at each other and first start to chuckle and the laugh loudly. Even Vegeta indulges in a wicked cackle. They think she is crazy and most be trying to be humorous.

Radditz: Wait, this may seem funny to us but look at the wench she is serious.

Nappa: Kill her Prince, she is nuts. She insults you with such accusations!

Bulma finally gets up after the kick. She stands before them with her hand on her wounded stomach. They try to hide their stares, but Bulma is wearing exactly what she had on in the other reality. A sheer way too thin nightgown. As she follows their eyes she thinks to herself that perhaps she should of changed!!

Vegeta: Wait, lets have some fun with this manic! You pathetic dirt, if you claim to be my mate where is my Royal Saiyan mark? All Saiyan royalty have them from the day of birth. If you can answer that wench, I will spare your stinking life. Since that is impossible, prepare to die!

Vegeta's finger tips turns bright in front of her face. Bulma does have an answer for our Saiyan prince.

Bulma: Very tiny, very small, Saiyan writing in the very corner of your upper right thigh.

The two Saiyans turn to Vegeta, wondering if she is right. From the look of speechless shock on Vegeta's face they know she is!! Deeply angered young Vegeta is shocked as he has ever been in his life.

Vegeta: Impossible!! You.. You.. How did you know that? Even if you are from the future I would never mate with such low class garbage as you. You are not even Saiyan. What the hell are you anyway?

Bulma: I am from Earth. Did it even occur to you that I am not from this planet? Not too long from now your planet will be destroyed you will settle on earth and take me as your mate. Laugh if you will.

Radditz: Prince, just kill her!! She is babbling. Forget what she says.

Vegeta: I did promise the wench that I would spare her.

Nappa: Prince you can't be serious?!

Vegeta: We can sell her as a slave.

Radditz: Do you think she will be worth much?

Nappa: Maybe, she does look rare.

Vegeta: The life of a slave if far worse then death. I will sell her to the most notorious vender I can find. One known for treating their slaves the worst.

Vegeta picks up Bulma by her neck. He looks her in the eye with sadistic grin. Then something happens, a miracle. Someway somehow the bond that they have was still there. Despite the fact this was the past a past illusion no less!! Perhaps the sprit has left that in for a twist. Vegeta sensed it and for the first time in his life the young prince was scared of what he felt. He looks into her huge blue eyes and see she was telling the truth. In this moment his stare is no longer cold and she tells him as a loosen his grip and sets her to the ground that she loves him.

Meanwhile back at the Capsule Corporation ...................................

Vegeta: Wake up Bulma!! Why won't you wake up?

Vegeta tries to wake her but she won't budge. He was worried that something was wrong but he checked her pulse and heart and everything is fine. Suddenly she jumps up from the couch to sitting position. Her time in the past world is u. She sees Vegeta staring at her strangely. She is startled at the site of him. Her eyes open wide.

Bulma: I am back, I'm back home. What are you doing in the living room?

Vegeta: First of all I live here. I couldn't sleep after you woke me and I decided to make sure you won't be able to enjoy your sleep either. What is wrong with you? You never left here, it was impossible just moments ago to try and wake you. You never slept so deep.

Bulma: I wasn't sleeping.

Vegeta: I think you need you rest, you are losing your mind.

The voice comes again still talking telepathically to Bulma.

The voice: Did you see your answers?

Bulma: Enough! I am talking to you out loud! Vegeta thinks I am crazy! Answer me out loud.

The voice: Very well then.

When Vegeta hears the phrase "very well then" he knows that Bulma was not going crazy. He picked up his wife in his arms and stood in the middle of the room. He turned Super Saiyan, he felt a huge force. Not exactly ki but energy, strange energy. Instantly Vegeta is ready to fight what ever is there.

Vegeta: Show yourself demon!! So it was you all along haunting my wife.

The Voice: I have no form. I am no one being. I am the souls of many mended into one. The dead soul of an entire planet, you helped destroy long ago. I am no demon.

Vegeta: Nani? What the hell, impossible even is that is true how could you find me?

The voice: We have been following your whole life Vegeta, we have felt your wife's concern about your past. We've even watched your children grow. We think it was the right time to show her what she wanted to see. Show her what you use to do.

Vegeta: Have you come for revenge? I will not let you have it!

The voice: You can't kill spirits, Prince Vegeta, and we have not come to kill you. That would be foolish to kill you now. You have changed so much and finally come to respect life and learn to care for others. Killing you now would be nonsense you pose no threat. Though, if you remained how you were in the past we would not hesitate to kill you, not for revenge but for the sake of every innocent living thing.

Vegeta: So all this just to show my wife what I did? Did you put her in the past? Then how come I don't remember her.

The voice: Time illusion. She wasn't really there but then again she was. When her limited time expired in the realm so did the events that occurred there. So the present could stay the same. So in reality nothing ever happened.

Bulma: Vegeta power down, they mean no harm. Spirit, you can go now and thank you!

The spirit bids them farewell and the house feels much warmer as soon as it exits.

Vegeta carries his wife to their bedroom and lays her down. She is still quite dreary from her journey.

Vegeta: Bulma are you alright?

Bulma: A bit weak but I am alright. I, I saw you, you were so cold so cruel. You kicked me in my stomach. You wanted to sell me as your slave.

Vegeta: I would never hit you, that never happened. It was a illusion.

Bulma: Yes, I know but that is how it would of went I can feel it in my heart. You killed so many people, even children. I can still see that one woman's face.<[> Vegeta: Baka! Why did you go there? I could of killed you. Even though it's a past Illusion if you were to die there wouldn't you cease to exist.

Bulma: No, I can't be really killed there, I would just return here. I, I just needed to see, it always bothered me. I have asked you but you never told me.

Vegeta: You can drive yourself crazy like that!! I did not tell you for a reason. I didn't know if would accept me if you did. I know that you knew I was killer of worlds. Not just wars and battles.

Bulma: Even as you told me I was to be sold as a slave my last words to you were that I loved you. Nothing you can do can make me stop loving you, nothing. Especially your past. I love the man you have become and not who you were. Still the past needed to be put to rest.

Vegeta: Impossible. How could you not hate me? After you know now intimately what I did?

Bulma: Hate you? I was mad enough to kill you but I knew that you didn't know me. You were so young, all you knew was to hate, kill, and gain more power. That is what you were born and breed to be from you were just a boy. Am I right?

Vegeta: Yes, but still...

Bulma: There is no buts. The only thing I need to know now is if you are truly sorry for what you have done, for all the pain you have caused. Are you Vegeta?

Vegeta: To be honest with you for years I was not. Even after Trunks was born I felt no remorse. The worlds I killed, the races that have become extinct meant nothing to me. I saw then as lesser beings. They were my prey, they were mines to kill my birthright. It was survival of the fittest. I thought I was a hunter of the highest class. It is only on earth that I saw the physically weaker had just as much heart and soul as one as strong as I. I learned the physically weaker was not inferior and had the right to live. You taught me that they have just as much pride and sprit as the strong do.

Bulma: Me? I thought you thought you were better?

Vegeta: Of course I am superior in strength. Yet you have character and bravery that rivals mind. The Saiyan race only measured worth in power. They did not care about feelings. Yet I have remorse and deep regrets. Yes I am truly sorry. Though it is not my biggest shame, though I think it is time told you what is.

Bulma: Ashamed!! You I have never heard that word come out of your mouth when referring to yourself. So what is it? It can't be that bad!

Vegeta: Even if I had a chance to change the past I wouldn't if it meant not having you in my life. You are my greatest victory. You were my longest battle. I am glad that I loss. I always think to myself that if I had a chance to do it again to preserve my race, would I ? Even if it meant never having you? Not having Trunks or Bra either. The answer is no. I wouldn't and that shames me. The truth of it is that I really didn't care much about anyone, perhaps only my father, just because he was my father. Yet you I care for deeply, for you I wouldn't want to change a thing. It is sad to me that I would not help my own race for the love of one earth woman. It is not coincidence that the Prince of the Saiyans met with you. It is my destiny. I would not have it any other way. Still it had been a source of shame for me.

When he is finished with his speech, Bulma is in tears. She open her wide blue eyes and stares at total shock at him. He takes his lips and brushes them away. He has touched her heart and soul in ways she didn't even think exist. She has fallen in love with him more right at that moment. She thought she didn't have anymore love to give but she was wrong. How could he say that? Could he love her that much, that if given the chance he would forsake his entire race?

As he brush away her tears with his lips his mouth finds hers. They lock on for a wildly passionate kiss as she pulls him down to the bed on top of her. He plans to back up what he just confess the best way he knows how. The morning sun rises and the two become one at the dawn of a new day, loving one another. How could she ask for anything more? How could that sprit, that voice lead to this!!!

The End

 

< --- back